Page 284 of 574 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 5732
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That book cover should be enough evidence for Anyone... The guy is a Usurper, and his Goal is to see the United States suffer as a Third World Country.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

I don't understand why the book makes him bad. I have a lot of books, and an active library card. I often read about world views I don't share. Besides, it's good to know what the other side is thinking. I'd rather criticize Obama on fumbling the jobs problem, bailing out the banks while Main Street is twisting in the wind, and allowing China and India to back their trucks up for what is left of American money and lucrative industries.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    I don't understand why the book makes him bad. I have a lot of books, and an active library card. I often read about world views I don't share. Besides, it's good to know what the other side is thinking. I'd rather criticize Obama on fumbling the jobs problem, bailing out the banks while Main Street is twisting in the wind, and allowing China and India to back their trucks up for what is left of American money and lucrative industries.
    Betsy, I agree with you philosophically, but common sense would dictate that the President of the United States would keep such a book out of sight of photographers.

How would you feel if Obama was reading a copy of Das Kapital during his travels and was photographed carrying the book openly and in public? Would that concern you?

I would rather see Obama carrying a copy of 'Common Sense' under his arm.
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

Actually, if he were reading Das Kapital I would wonder what took him so long - that's an old book. Of course, I am considering that perhaps I should get around to reading On the Road, but only out of nostalgia. I would file this as one of many unfortunate photo gaffes of the President.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Officer challenging Obama 'reassigned'

WND Exclusive BORN IN THE USA?
    No charges yet for surgeon demanding eligibility proof
    Posted: April 14, 2010
    8:35 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

The U.S. Army says a surgeon who has publicly refused to follow any further orders until he sees documentation that Barack Obama is eligible to be president is being "reassigned" at Walter Reed Army Hospital after he refused to deploy to Afghanistan as scheduled.

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin is the highest-ranking and first active-duty officer to refuse to obey orders based on President Obama's eligibility.

While there have been reports Lt. Col. Terry Lakin is facing an imminent court-martial, Army spokesman Chuck Dasey told WND today that Lakin is only "under investigation" at this point.

"Lakin reported to the commander, Medical Center Brigade, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, on Monday, 12 April, after failing to report for duty at Fort Campbell, Ky.," a statement sent by Dasey to WND today said.

"Lakin will be assigned to duty at Walter Reed pending investigation."

A spokeswoman for the case, Margaret Calhoun Hemenway, told WND that whatever the "assignment" amounts to, Lakin's access privileges were revoked, his computer was confiscated and he "is not permitted to support his Hippocratic oath … and take care of the troops as a doctor and a surgeon."

On the day he was supposed to have reported for deployment, Lakin was read his rights by Col. Gordon Roberts, his brigade commander, who discussed the situation with him and told him he had the "right to remain silent" because he was about to be charged with "serious crimes."

Hemenway said the message was that "he will shortly be court-martialed for crimes (specifically, missing movement and conduct unbecoming an officer) that for others has led to lengthy imprisonment at hard labor."

Lakin earlier released a copy of a letter he sent to Obama saying, "the burden of proof must rest with you."

The letter, posted at the Safeguard Our Constitution website, which is assembling support for the officer, describes how Lakin tried through his chain of command and his congressional office to get answers to questions about Obama's eligibility.

Lakin originally announced his position with a video stating he would not follow orders because he was not sure of their legality under Obama, who has concealed personal information that could confirm he meets the constitutional requirement that a president be a "natural born citizen."

There's a new strategy to get answers to Obama's eligibility questions. See how you can help.

"You serve as my commander-in-chief. Given the fact that the certification that your campaign posted online was not a document that the Hawaiian Department of Homelands regarded as a sufficient substitute for the original birth certificate and given that it has been your personal decision that has prevented the Hawaiian Department of Health from releasing your original birth certificate or any Hawaiian hospital from releasing your records, the burden of proof must rest with you," Lakin wrote.

"Please assure the American people that you are indeed constitutionally eligible to serve as commander-in-chief and thereby may lawfully direct service members into harm's way," he continued. "I will be proud to deploy to Afghanistan to further serve my country and my fellow soldiers, but I should only do so with the knowledge that this important provision of our Constitution is respected and obeyed."

He had noted that every soldier "learns what constitutes a lawful order and is encouraged to stand up and object to unlawful orders." And he noted his orders to deploy include a demand for copies of his birth certificate.

But he said he was troubled by the president's decision to conceal "from public view" records that could easily end questions about Obama's place of birth and "natural born" status.

Lakin concluded: "Unless it is established (by this sufficient proof that should be easily within your power to provide) that you are constitutionally eligible to serve as president and my commander-in-chief, I, and all other military officers may be following illegal orders. Therefore, sir, until an original birth certificate is brought forward that validates your eligibility and puts to rest the other reasonable questions surrounding your unproven eligibility; I cannot in good conscience obey ANY military orders."

The Army earlier informally recommended a mental evaluation and then threatened Lakin with punishment.

"On 30 March 2010, this command became aware of your intentions to refuse to follow deployment orders. Your stated reason for refusal was your belief that the election of the President of the United States is invalid because you believe he is not 'native born' [sic]. This counseling is to inform you that your deployment orders are presumed to be valid and lawful orders issued by competent military authority," said the document from the "counselor," Lt. Col. William D. Judd.

The letter reminded Lakin of his April 12 due date at Fort Campbell, Ky.

"Failure to follow your reassignment and/or deployment orders may result in adverse action including court-martial," the officer was warned.

A statement released by Hemenway noted Lakin is being supported by "hundreds" of people who have donated to his legal defense fund.

WND has reported that the controversy raises the prospect that the government ultimately may not want to pursue a prosecution because a defense attorney could demand in court proof that the orders are issued by an eligible president.

Lakin is not the first officer to raise questions. Others have included Army doctor Capt. Connie Rhodes and Army reservist Maj. Stefan Cook. But Lakin is the highest-ranking officer to raise the question.

One of the organizers behind the Safeguard Our Constitution website, serving in emeritus status, is John Hemenway, an attorney who previously fought in the U.S. court system on behalf of a retired military officer, Gregory S. Hollister, who also questioned Obama's eligibility.

Here is the only 'birth certificate store" around! Read about the hunt for Obama's documentation!

The case ultimately was dismissed by Judge James Robertson who ruled that the dispute had been "twittered" during the 2008 election campaign.

In that opinion, Robertson sarcastically wrote: "The plaintiff says that he is a retired Air Force colonel who continues to owe fealty to his commander in chief (because he might possibly be recalled to duty) and who is tortured by uncertainty as to whether he would have to obey orders from Barack Obama because it has not been proven – to the colonel's satisfaction – that Mr. Obama is a native-born American citizen, qualified under the Constitution to be president.

"The issue of the president's citizenship was raised, vetted, blogged, texted, twittered, and otherwise massaged by America's vigilant citizenry during Mr. Obama's two-year-campaign for the presidency, but this plaintiff wants it resolved by a court," Robertson wrote.

The judge also suggested sanctions against Hemenway for bringing the case, and Hemenway responded that process then would provide him with a right to a discovery hearing to see documentation regarding the judge's statements – not supported by any evidence introduced into the case – that Obama was properly "vetted."

Hemenway warned at the time, "If the court persists in pressing Rule 11 procedures against Hemenway, then Hemenway should be allowed all of the discovery pertinent to the procedures as court precedents have permitted in the past.

"The court has referred to a number of facts outside of the record of this particular case and, therefore, the undersigned is particularly entitled to a hearing to get the truth of those matters into the record. This may require the court to authorize some discovery," Hemenway said.

WND columnist Vox Day earlier wrote about this very scenario, calling it a "Get out of war" free card.

The comments followed the case of Cook, the reservist who challenged his deployment orders over questions about their legality under Obama.

"Rather than contesting the suit," Day wrote, "the Army took the highly peculiar step of revoking the major's deployment order, suggesting that the Pentagon generals are not entirely confident that they can demonstrate the legitimacy of their purported commander in chief.

"The Pentagon's decision to back down rather than risk exposing Obama's birth records to the public means that every single American soldier, sailor, pilot and Marine now holds a 'get out of war free' card."

Obama's actual response to those who question his eligibility to be president under the Constitution's requirement that the U.S. president be a "natural born citizen" has been to dispatch both private and tax-funded attorneys to prevent anyone from gaining access to his documentation.

Besides Obama's actual birth documentation, the still-concealed documentation for him includes kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, his files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records, and his adoption records.

WND has reported on a multitude of cases that have been brought over the issue of Obama's eligibility. Some are by critics who have doubts about whether he was born in Hawaii in 1961 as he has written, and others are from those who question whether the framers of the Constitution specifically excluded dual citizens – Obama's father was a subject of the British crown at Obama's birth – from being eligible for the office.

The issue has prompted a number of state legislatures to work on proposals that would require presidential candidates to submit proof of their eligibility. And a similar proposal has been introduced in Congress by Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla.

The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

However, none of the cases filed to date has been successful in reaching the plateau of legal discovery, so that information about Obama's birth could be obtained.

The White House has not replied to numerous requests for comment.

the article continues at
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=140897

Re: Officer challenging Obama 'reassigned'

Unbelievable! Another ranking officer who refused a deployment order escapes court martial? I want him court martialed! I want Obama's attorneys to grill this traitor in court! I want Obama to shut all those nonbelievers up by proving to the world once and for all that he really is a legitimate POTUS! What? What do you mean you can't court martial him? What's that? You don't want to have to reveal Obamas' records? Why, is there something wrong? Geesh, what has become of military justice?!

It is almost embarrassing that we have come to this point. It has become painfully and glaringly obvious that something is wrong. Just how long can Obama and the courts dodge this issue? Til the cows come home? Til the bars burn down? BTW, I like the "get out of war free' card. I wonder how many more of those will be issued until someone cries uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    WND Exclusive BORN IN THE USA?
    No charges yet for surgeon demanding eligibility proof
    Posted: April 14, 2010
    8:35 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

The U.S. Army says a surgeon who has publicly refused to follow any further orders until he sees documentation that Barack Obama is eligible to be president is being "reassigned" at Walter Reed Army Hospital after he refused to deploy to Afghanistan as scheduled.

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin is the highest-ranking and first active-duty officer to refuse to obey orders based on President Obama's eligibility.

While there have been reports Lt. Col. Terry Lakin is facing an imminent court-martial, Army spokesman Chuck Dasey told WND today that Lakin is only "under investigation" at this point.

"Lakin reported to the commander, Medical Center Brigade, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, on Monday, 12 April, after failing to report for duty at Fort Campbell, Ky.," a statement sent by Dasey to WND today said.

"Lakin will be assigned to duty at Walter Reed pending investigation."

A spokeswoman for the case, Margaret Calhoun Hemenway, told WND that whatever the "assignment" amounts to, Lakin's access privileges were revoked, his computer was confiscated and he "is not permitted to support his Hippocratic oath … and take care of the troops as a doctor and a surgeon."

On the day he was supposed to have reported for deployment, Lakin was read his rights by Col. Gordon Roberts, his brigade commander, who discussed the situation with him and told him he had the "right to remain silent" because he was about to be charged with "serious crimes."

Hemenway said the message was that "he will shortly be court-martialed for crimes (specifically, missing movement and conduct unbecoming an officer) that for others has led to lengthy imprisonment at hard labor."

Lakin earlier released a copy of a letter he sent to Obama saying, "the burden of proof must rest with you."

The letter, posted at the Safeguard Our Constitution website, which is assembling support for the officer, describes how Lakin tried through his chain of command and his congressional office to get answers to questions about Obama's eligibility.

Lakin originally announced his position with a video stating he would not follow orders because he was not sure of their legality under Obama, who has concealed personal information that could confirm he meets the constitutional requirement that a president be a "natural born citizen."

There's a new strategy to get answers to Obama's eligibility questions. See how you can help.

"You serve as my commander-in-chief. Given the fact that the certification that your campaign posted online was not a document that the Hawaiian Department of Homelands regarded as a sufficient substitute for the original birth certificate and given that it has been your personal decision that has prevented the Hawaiian Department of Health from releasing your original birth certificate or any Hawaiian hospital from releasing your records, the burden of proof must rest with you," Lakin wrote.

"Please assure the American people that you are indeed constitutionally eligible to serve as commander-in-chief and thereby may lawfully direct service members into harm's way," he continued. "I will be proud to deploy to Afghanistan to further serve my country and my fellow soldiers, but I should only do so with the knowledge that this important provision of our Constitution is respected and obeyed."

He had noted that every soldier "learns what constitutes a lawful order and is encouraged to stand up and object to unlawful orders." And he noted his orders to deploy include a demand for copies of his birth certificate.

But he said he was troubled by the president's decision to conceal "from public view" records that could easily end questions about Obama's place of birth and "natural born" status.

Lakin concluded: "Unless it is established (by this sufficient proof that should be easily within your power to provide) that you are constitutionally eligible to serve as president and my commander-in-chief, I, and all other military officers may be following illegal orders. Therefore, sir, until an original birth certificate is brought forward that validates your eligibility and puts to rest the other reasonable questions surrounding your unproven eligibility; I cannot in good conscience obey ANY military orders."

The Army earlier informally recommended a mental evaluation and then threatened Lakin with punishment.

"On 30 March 2010, this command became aware of your intentions to refuse to follow deployment orders. Your stated reason for refusal was your belief that the election of the President of the United States is invalid because you believe he is not 'native born' [sic]. This counseling is to inform you that your deployment orders are presumed to be valid and lawful orders issued by competent military authority," said the document from the "counselor," Lt. Col. William D. Judd.

The letter reminded Lakin of his April 12 due date at Fort Campbell, Ky.

"Failure to follow your reassignment and/or deployment orders may result in adverse action including court-martial," the officer was warned.

A statement released by Hemenway noted Lakin is being supported by "hundreds" of people who have donated to his legal defense fund.

WND has reported that the controversy raises the prospect that the government ultimately may not want to pursue a prosecution because a defense attorney could demand in court proof that the orders are issued by an eligible president.

Lakin is not the first officer to raise questions. Others have included Army doctor Capt. Connie Rhodes and Army reservist Maj. Stefan Cook. But Lakin is the highest-ranking officer to raise the question.

One of the organizers behind the Safeguard Our Constitution website, serving in emeritus status, is John Hemenway, an attorney who previously fought in the U.S. court system on behalf of a retired military officer, Gregory S. Hollister, who also questioned Obama's eligibility.

Here is the only 'birth certificate store" around! Read about the hunt for Obama's documentation!

The case ultimately was dismissed by Judge James Robertson who ruled that the dispute had been "twittered" during the 2008 election campaign.

In that opinion, Robertson sarcastically wrote: "The plaintiff says that he is a retired Air Force colonel who continues to owe fealty to his commander in chief (because he might possibly be recalled to duty) and who is tortured by uncertainty as to whether he would have to obey orders from Barack Obama because it has not been proven – to the colonel's satisfaction – that Mr. Obama is a native-born American citizen, qualified under the Constitution to be president.

"The issue of the president's citizenship was raised, vetted, blogged, texted, twittered, and otherwise massaged by America's vigilant citizenry during Mr. Obama's two-year-campaign for the presidency, but this plaintiff wants it resolved by a court," Robertson wrote.

The judge also suggested sanctions against Hemenway for bringing the case, and Hemenway responded that process then would provide him with a right to a discovery hearing to see documentation regarding the judge's statements – not supported by any evidence introduced into the case – that Obama was properly "vetted."

Hemenway warned at the time, "If the court persists in pressing Rule 11 procedures against Hemenway, then Hemenway should be allowed all of the discovery pertinent to the procedures as court precedents have permitted in the past.

"The court has referred to a number of facts outside of the record of this particular case and, therefore, the undersigned is particularly entitled to a hearing to get the truth of those matters into the record. This may require the court to authorize some discovery," Hemenway said.

WND columnist Vox Day earlier wrote about this very scenario, calling it a "Get out of war" free card.

The comments followed the case of Cook, the reservist who challenged his deployment orders over questions about their legality under Obama.

"Rather than contesting the suit," Day wrote, "the Army took the highly peculiar step of revoking the major's deployment order, suggesting that the Pentagon generals are not entirely confident that they can demonstrate the legitimacy of their purported commander in chief.

"The Pentagon's decision to back down rather than risk exposing Obama's birth records to the public means that every single American soldier, sailor, pilot and Marine now holds a 'get out of war free' card."

Obama's actual response to those who question his eligibility to be president under the Constitution's requirement that the U.S. president be a "natural born citizen" has been to dispatch both private and tax-funded attorneys to prevent anyone from gaining access to his documentation.

Besides Obama's actual birth documentation, the still-concealed documentation for him includes kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, his files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records, and his adoption records.

WND has reported on a multitude of cases that have been brought over the issue of Obama's eligibility. Some are by critics who have doubts about whether he was born in Hawaii in 1961 as he has written, and others are from those who question whether the framers of the Constitution specifically excluded dual citizens – Obama's father was a subject of the British crown at Obama's birth – from being eligible for the office.

The issue has prompted a number of state legislatures to work on proposals that would require presidential candidates to submit proof of their eligibility. And a similar proposal has been introduced in Congress by Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla.

The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

However, none of the cases filed to date has been successful in reaching the plateau of legal discovery, so that information about Obama's birth could be obtained.

The White House has not replied to numerous requests for comment.

the article continues at
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=140897
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

[b]Kenyan Parliament website scrubs November 2008 Minutes which confirm Obama as “son of this soilâ€
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    [quote="HighlanderJuan"][size=117][b]Kenyan Parliament website scrubs November 2008 Minutes which confirm Obama as “son of this soilâ€
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    On April 15, Christian talk show hostess Janet Mefford had an open line call-in show about Lt. Col. Dr. Terry Lakin. She insisted she is not a birther and that she really has no position on the controversy. But she allowed 30 minutes of open discussion without making negative comments, and she admitted that the arguments that callers presented were sound.

JANET's Poll:
    First Lady Michelle Obama was recently discovered
    to have made reference to President Obama's
    "home country in Kenya." Do you believe
    President Obama was actually born in Kenya?

Yes: 72%
    No: 28%
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    On April 15, Christian talk show hostess Janet Mefford had an open line call-in show about Lt. Col. Dr. Terry Lakin. She insisted she is not a birther and that she really has no position on the controversy. But she allowed 30 minutes of open discussion without making negative comments, and she admitted that the arguments that callers presented were sound.

JANET's Poll:
    First Lady Michelle Obama was recently discovered
    to have made reference to President Obama's
    "home country in Kenya." Do you believe
    President Obama was actually born in Kenya?

Yes: 72%
    No: 28%
    But...but...O'Reilly said last night the 'birther movement' never caught on! Only a handful of the folks believe it!