Page 347 of 830 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 8292
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Jennifer EllisHillbilly Recipes.

Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower

Roasted cauliflower done buffalo wing style in a spicy hot sauce!

Servings: makes 4 servings

Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
    1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
    1 tablespoon oil or butter
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Franks RedHot)
    1 tablespoon butter, melted (optional)
    blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping (optional)
    celery stick on the side (optional)

Directions
    1. Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil, salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet, and roast in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.

2. Toss cauliflower in a mixture of the hot sauce and butter and enjoy warm with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping and celery sticks on the side.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Kay RileyHillbilly Recipes.

Hot stuff!!! Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños

1 pound ground Italian sausage (or regular pork or whatever appeals to you)
    8 oz cream cheese, softened
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (original recipe used parmesan)
    1 pound jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
    1 green onion, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place sausage in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease. In a bowl, mix the sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and green onion. Spoon about 1 tablespoon sausage mixture into each jalapeno half. Arrange stuffed halves in a baking dish. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.

***Tips on seeding the jalapenos. 1) Wear gloves throughout the entire process, then remove right after so you don't transfer to sink faucet, cabinet handles, etc. 2) I love my little lemon zester tool for seeding but a small melon baller works great too. 3) As you half and seed the jalapenos, put into a bowl of continuous running water. This helps soften to bake better and removes some heat.***

Friend my main page www.facebook.com/KellySpearsfor my daily posts!

JOIN www.facebook.com/groups/skinnywithkelly for recipes, tips and more!

Thyme Mustard Catfish over Black Eyed Pea Cakes

Servings: 4 patties
    Prep Time: 10 min
    Cook Time: 10 min
    Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

Catfish:
    4 fillets of catfish
    1/4 cup dry thyme
    2 cups yellow mustard
    Seasoned flour, enough for dredging

Black Eyed Pea Cake
    3 cups left over cooked black eyed peas (these are best cooked with ham hock for flavor)
    1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
    1/3 cup roasted red peppers
    All purpose flour, enough to bind patties
    1 Tbsp butter
    1 Tbsp vegetable oil

Directions

Spread mustard and thyme over catfish. For best results marinate overnight. Dust fish with seasoned flour patting off excess. Deep fry until golden brown.

In a medium bowl, coarsely mash beans with a fork, adding bacon and roasted peppers to mixture. Add just enough flour to mixture to help bind. Season with salt and pepper. Shape pea mixture into 4 patties. Melt butter and oil together in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties and brown on both sides until crispy.

Asparagus Cellantani Carbonara

Nice, Light Pasta Dish

Makes about 2 servings.

• 1 cup dry cellantani pasta
    • 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh asparagus
    • 1 teaspoon olive oil
    • 3 cloves of garlic + the garlic scapes, snipped
    • 1/2 cup chopped cooked lean ham (or canadian bacon, something salty like bacon, but leaner)
    • 1/2 of a medium tomato
    • 1 egg
    • 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan + a little extra to sprinkle on top
    • Fresh basil & oregano leaves
    • Freshly ground pepper & sea salt

Directions:

1.Bring a pot of water to boil. While the water is heating, wash the asparagus and set it on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Red Robin (or Red Magic) seasoning … or your favorite seasoning mix … and spray with cooking spray. Roast the asparagus in a 400 degree oven for about 8 minutes or until crisp tender. Tend to the other things, but when the asparagus is done, take it out of the oven and set it aside.

2.When the water is boiling, add the pasta to cook.

3.Now, while they are cooking, peel and chop the garlic, then chop the tomato and ham.

4. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.

5. When the pasta is nearly done, skim off 1/4 cup of the hot pasta water. Add about a tablespoon of the hot water to the egg mixture and whisk.

6. Strain the hot cooked pasta in a colander.

7. Take the hot pan you cooked the pasta in and over medium high heat, add the oil, chopped garlic, and ham and sautee for just a couple minutes, then add the tomato and asparagus and saute briefly to cook out the juices from the tomato. Add the hot cooked pasta and the egg/cheese mixture. Remove from heat and stir. The egg should finish cooking from the heat of the pasta and make a nice light creamy sauce. If the sauce needs more liquid, add a little of the hot pasta water you saved.

8. Sprinkle with herbs, more Parmesan and the reserved garlic scapes, season with salt & freshly ground pepper, and serve immediately

Kay RileyHillbilly Recipes.

3 INGREDIENT CHICKEN

1. CHICKEN....
    2. PACKET DRY ITALIAN SEASONING MIX...
    3. 1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR....

MIX THE ITALIAN SEASONING PACKET AND THE BROWN SUGAR.......
    COAT CHICKEN ON ALL SIDES.....
    LINE PAN IN FOIL BECAUSE THE DRESSING/SUGAR WILL CARAMELIZE.....
    BAKE AT 350 DEGREES UNTIL IT'S GOLDEN BROWN...
    25 MINUTES ON EACH SIDE.....

Follow or Friend my main page for my daily posts! www.facebook.com/KellySpears
    JOIN www.facebook.com/groups/skinnywithkelly
    for recipes and more!

Daisy MelendezHillbilly Recipes.

Baked Three-Bean Casserole with Crispy Bacon – Super Yummy Recipes

3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    5 garlic cloves, minced
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    Kosher salt
    2 cups Sweet and Sticky Barbecue Sauce mixed with 1/2 cup water
    Two 15 1/2-ounce cans baked beans
    One 19-ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    One 19-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
    6 slices lean bacon

One of my all-time favorite meals for breakfast is biscuits, country ham and red eye gravy. If you are not familiar with red eye gravy, you are missing something. This makes a breakfast treat on the weekends.

2 to 3 large slices country ham
    3/4 cup water
    3/4 cup cold coffee

Fry the ham in a skillet on top of the stove. Remove ham from pan, add water and coffee and bring to a boil for about 2 minutes. Serve over ham slices or biscuits. (Note: If the ham does not have much fat on it and is not making any drippings in the pan, add the water before removing the ham and let simmer for about 3 minutes, remove ham and add coffee to water so that the gravy will have a ham flavor).

Buttermilk Biscuits

2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup shortening
    3/4 cup buttermilk

Cut the shortening into the flour. Add the rest of the ingredients and enough buttermilk until flour sticks together in bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface adding more flour if dough is too moist and roll out to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut out biscuits with cutter and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed. Cook about 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown at 450 degrees. Makes about 15 to 20 biscuits depending on the size of your cutter

ENJOY!

Ham and Cheese Sliders

24 good white dinner rolls (I recommend King's Hawaiian, 24 ct.)
    24 pieces good honey ham
    24 small slices Swiss cheese
    1/3 cup mayonnaise
    1/3 cup miracle whip

Poppy seed sauce

1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
    1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    1 Tablespoon minced onion
    1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes. Serve warm.

** sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and kept in the fridge ready to bake.
    (I did this the second time I made them and they turned out just as good.)
    * Now, I like this better using roast beef. I also make another 1/2 of the sauce to go with the recipe. I have also used green onions instead of regular onion. I add a 1/3 cup of horseradish sauce to the spread as well. Since I use so much of the marinade, I bake mine for 45 minutes to an hour*

Phyllis Paine CarruthHillbilly Recipes.

KFC chicken

Someone ask for the recipe . I know it's been posted but maybe this will help .