Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome to Alipac AmericanMomma
    So glad you registered and can share with us the inside info
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]
    LAUREL – About 30 cars were lined up in front of Howard Industries’ Laurel plant today filled with people looking for jobs.

“That’s all they would hire – Mexican, Mexican, Mexican!â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMomma
    Just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading posts on this forum for a while, but I've never registered or posted until now....but now I HAVE TO!

How refreshing to have this happen in MY hometown and to happen at MY previous employer. I worked in management at Howard for 10 years, and just left there about a year ago. Day after day, I would watch the illegals line up to apply and test (well, to have the personnel manager - Humberto Gonzales - help them to apply and test). Week after week, I would watch the plant formen be required to take Spanish language classes in order to communicate with these people. Month after month, because of the position I was in, I watched what was once a quality product go down the drain...and thus, because I was in direct contact with the customer on a daily basis, have to make up excuses as to WHY so I wouldn't lose my job. So, like ICEFAN, I say WAY TO GO, ICE!
    I, too, don't understand why they wouldn't have come in at shift change so that they could get two shifts. 350 isn't even HALF of what they could've gotten.
    I will tell you this, though - the three "yummy" Mexican restuarants in town were closed for business yesterday and are still closed today. I drove around town today and saw no activity in the "Hispanic District"...guess they're all hiding out. And I even went to Walmart (where you normally can't even get down the aisles because there are SO MANY ILLEGALS...and where one stole my purse earlier this year and two tried to steal my cart full of already-paid-for groceries last year), and I didn't see the first Hispanic person in the entire store...and I was in there for about an hour.
    I'd forgotten what it was like to not be completely surrounded by people speaking Spanish! It was SO awesome! Now, I'm not totally naive. I know it won't stay like this, but TODAY WAS A GREAT DAY TO LIVE IN LAUREL. It was like old-times.
    My hat goes off to you, ICEFAN, for being persistent. I can't wait to hear what it was like back at work today!
    Great post AM! I have always been suspicious of companies who do not do international business and who are not dealing directly with the public (companies such as Howard). However, they require managers/supervisors to be bilingual, with the second language being spanish of course! The want ads are full of those here in California! I saw one today for Quicksilver, in which they were looking for a production supervisor here in CA

It should be a tipoff that something is not right!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Americanmomma glad to have you with us.

Welcome AmericanMomma!

Interesting to hear of first-hand experiences like yours.

Glad you found us to add your input.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Welcome AmericanMomma, glad you are here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEFAN
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    I doubt any illegal alien workers will show for the next shift, but then again
    who knows.

Icefan what do the American workers say about the raid?
    What do you think?

This was better than Christmas. Hopefully, we'll be able to negotiate a contract which is fair, now that our replacements have been removed!!
    Good work icefan!!!!!...keeep it coming.by the way what union are you in?

Hi, just got home. I'm a very proud member of the IBEW Local Union 1317!! They were a few people short today. In fact, not a lot of transformers were manufactured today. I'm proud to say that there are plenty of job openings available. Lots of Americans are applying for jobs. On my way out of the plant today, I saw around 60 Americans anxious to be gainfully employed lined up in the hallway of the Personal Dept. Many more Americans from the surrounding area will surely be applying for jobs. This was in no way a discriminating act that happened here yesterday. Enforcing our immigrations laws are not unjust. I applaud the agents of I.C.E. and the professional way they carried out this operation. I hope they never leave. I just heard 5 seconds ago that the number of illegal aliens apprehended tally has reached 600 which according to the local news anchor makes this the largest operation of it's kind to date. Believe me when I say there are hundreds more still here. There is another facility operated by Howard Ind. located in Sandersville that has not been hit yet, however, I.C.E. is still here and further investigations are ongoing.

So good to hear Americans are going to get the jobs!

Thank you I.C.E.!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

just heard 5 seconds ago that the number of illegal aliens apprehended tally has reached 600 which according to the local news anchor makes this the largest operation of it's kind to date
    WOW!!!

Welcome AmericanMomma! Isn't it great to have our town back, if only for a little while, because like you I'm not so sure this will last. I'm an eternal pessimist concerning the enforcement of our immigration laws. I just pray that this can be a turning point for our home.