Page 272 of 740 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    "The Goldman Sachs candidates" - Shout it from the rooftops!

Submitted by i_am_free on Wed, 04/11/2012 - 14:39
    Ron Paul 2012

From now through Tampa, we need to be characterizing this race as it truly is, and our opponents as they truly are. Let's capitalize on one of he most glaring differences between Ron Paul and Obamney: monetary policy and fiscal transparency. They both draw campaign funding from the big banks, Ron doesn't. They both avoid even mentioning the Federal Reserve, Ron crusades against it. Neither one of them have a plan to balance the budget, Ron does. And who can hold a candle to Ron's transparency, with his nickel-and-dimed expense reports?

This is one way to power through the mental block that some people have when it comes to foreign policy. We're dealing with facts here, not hyperbole and what-ifs. If people can see that only one of the three - Ron Paul - can be trusted with their tax dollars, they will start coming our way in droves.

"The Goldman Sachs candidates" - Shout it from the rooftops! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-11-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul is more popular than a sitting president

Submitted by Angel C on Wed, 04/11/2012 - 15:30
    Ron Paul 2012

Time Magazine voters have spoken. Ron Paul is more influential than a sitting president!

Time had a poll online. You were able to vote for the person you think is the most influential person in the world.

"Cast your votes for the leaders, artists, innovators, icons and heroes that you think are the most influential people in the world. Official voting ends on Friday, April 6, and the poll winner will be included in the TIME 100 issue. The complete TIME 100 list will be chosen by our editors and revealed on TIME.com on Tuesday, April 17."

The faceless hactivists, Anonymous, came in first place with almost 400,000 "yes" votes. Benedict Cumberbatch, who stars in the BBC's Sherlock Holmes series and will be in the new Lord of the Rings prequel, The Hobbit, placed in the top ten (seventh place to be exact) with over 90,000 "yes" votes. Eighth on the list is Bashar Assad, the president of Syria who has survived a year of rebellion by his people by killing them.

Remember, the people on this list do not have to be good, just influential.

The top twenty people on the list branches out more to include people like Adele, Shakira, and Lady Gaga. Even Arizona Governor Jan Brewer is in the top twenty.

Sitting United States President Barack Obama is not in the top twenty. He is close, however, with over 25,000 "yes" votes and over 23,000 "no" votes.

Presidential candidate and Congressman Ron Paul, however, is in the top twenty. He is in twelfth place on the list. In fact, Dr. Ron Paul has more "yes" votes than the combined total number of "yes" and "no" votes of President Obama.

Presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul is more popular than a sitting president - Wilmington Elections 2012 | Examiner.com

*Idly wonders if they will find a reason to leave Ron Paul off the top 100 list*

Presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul is more popular than a sitting president | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-11-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Victory in St. Charles County, Missouri

Remember the ruckus in March at the Republican convention in St. Charles County, Missouri? Well, yesterday, Ron Paul supporters’ persistence–and insistence–paid off.

From
    STL Today:

Supporters of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul took control of St. Charles County’s second-try Republican caucus Tuesday night, winning all of its delegates to later stages of the state GOP’s presidential selection process.

The Paul campaign used superior organization to get its people to the meeting at the St. Charles Convention Center. More than 900 people took part overall.

Brent Stafford, the Paul activist who chaired the caucus, said Paul’s supporters were “inspired by his positions on constitutional government and sound fiscal policy’’ and his consistency on issues over the years…

There has been a concerted delegate strategy at county, state and national levels since this campaign began and yesterday’s victory in St. Charles County was another good example of Ron Paul winning in ways no one expected. Congratulations to our folks for all their hard work–and expect even more surprises moving forward.

Victory in St. Charles County, Missouri*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Our Movement at Texas A&M

3,000 strong. At the very minimum, the MSM should be asking why Ron Paul continues to draw such large crowds. We all know why but others might be curious. Informing the uninformed used to be called “reporting.” Do your job MSM.

On another note, I absolutely love this photo. This is our movement. This is the future.

Our Movement at Texas A&M*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Ron Paul in Ft Worth tonight. Follow my twitter feed for updates.

Submitted by KMX on Wed, 04/11/2012 - 15:38Texas

If anyone wants updates on his speach tonight in Ft Worth please follow my twitter feed. I have been tweeting pic after pic with him at Lunch today. It was an amazing day so far. You can check all the pics from today so far on my twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/#!/KoryWatkins

Ron Paul in Ft Worth tonight. Follow my twitter feed for updates. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul: Rick Santorum exit could provide opening

With Rick Santorum's exit Tuesday, the GOP race is down to three, and Ron Paul becomes Mitt Romney's biggest threat. Paul can't win, but he could stop Romney from beating Obama.

By Amanda Paulson, Staff writer / April 10, 2012

Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul of Texas speaks at California State University at Chico last week.

Frank Rebelo/CSU-Chico/AP

Ron Paul doesn't pull any punches in his latest ad, which began airing in Texas on Tuesday.

"Let's get this straight. We're debating between a big-spending, debt-ceiling-raising fiscal liberal, a moon-colony guy, a moderate from Massachusetts, or a Texan with a real plan to balance the budget," begins an announcer, speaking with a rapid Texas twang.

Images of his opponents accompany the slams against them, including Newt Gingrich wearing a space suit.

RECOMMENDED: The roar of Ron Paul: Five of his unorthodox views on the economy

"Ron Paul isn't playing games," the voice-over continues – against a backdrop of an Etch-A-Sketch, a reference to the recent gaffe by the Romney campaign – before labeling Congressman Paul, at the end, a "big, bold Texan."

The message is plain: Paul isn't going anywhere, and with his home state of Texas – and its 152 delegates – up for grabs on May 29, he can still have an impact on the race. That might be even more true as of Tuesday, when Rick Santorum announced that he was suspending his campaign, saying the "race is over for me."

But with Mr. Santorum's exit virtually sealing the nomination for Mitt Romney, the question arises: How successful has he been in his second go-round as a presidential candidate?

In some cases, he underperformed expectations.

He didn't win a single state, despite expectations that he might take Alaska or North Dakota. He performed better in caucus states, but not as well as some experts had predicted.

Of the three remaining candidates, he has the fewest number of delegates: 51 in the latest Associated Press count, compared with 661 for Mr. Romney.

But by the most important measure – the number of votes he received – Paul was a much bigger player this year than in 2008.

In a "living autopsy" of Paul's campaign, The New York Times's Micah Cohen compared the votes and delegates Paul won by Super Tuesday in 2008 (when 27 states had voted) with the votes he's received so far this year in the 32 states that have held contests. Paul's share of the votes was 4 percent in 2008, compared with 10 percent in 2012. He's also received nearly twice the number of total votes.

In accounting for the change, Mr. Cohen writes that, "It is possible that Mr. Paul has simply run a better campaign. But the more likely explanation is that the mood of the country is more aligned to Paul’s views than it was in 2008." Factors include the rise of the tea party and changing opinions on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (which Paul opposes).

None of that gets Paul any closer to the White House. But he may still have some sway in the Republican Party and the fall election – arguably more than Mr. Gingrich or even Santorum.

For one thing, Paul's followers are famously loyal – to their candidate, far more than to the Republican Party. If Paul were to launch a third-party campaign (a possibility about which many have speculated) he could effectively torpedo Romney's chances.

"Paul is in a much stronger bargaining position than Gingrich to extract promises from Romney because he can do far more damage if he isn’t placated. That’s why – though both men have zero chance of being their party’s standard-bearer – Paul matters more than Gingrich," argues the Washington Post's Chris Cillizza.

Almost certainly, Paul's campaign will keep going to the end in order to keep his platform in the GOP conversation. In fact, he just announced an "in it to win it" moneybomb, hoping to raise $2 million on April 15.

Paul's ideas – particularly on the dangers of debt – have already crept into GOP rhetoric. No one knows at this point exactly what Paul may want from Romney, but expect him to continue to be a major voice.

RECOMMENDED: The roar of Ron Paul: Five of his unorthodox views on the economy

Get daily or weekly updates from CSMonitor.com delivered to your inbox. Sign up today.

Related stories

Gingrich complains he ‘can’t afford teleprompters’ after bouncing $500 check

By David Edwards
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:16 EDT

Struggling Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich on Wednesday joked that he couldn’t even buy a teleprompter after his campaign recently bounced a $500 check.

Utah Elections Director Mark Thomas told The Salt Lake Tribune that Gingrich gave the state a $500 check in March to cover election filing fees, but the check bounced and the campaign refused to return their calls.

At a campaign event with seniors in Newark, Delaware on Wednesday, a supporter mocked President Barack Obama by asking how the former House Speaker gave “such an eloquent speech” without the use of teleprompters.

“As the reporters who travel with me can tell you, I have a very frugal campaign,” Gingrich explained. “And we can’t afford teleprompters.”

“That’s why I’ve had to learn to actually give speeches on my own.”

During the event, Gingrich had also been frustrated by technical problems, eventually giving up his microphone because of a strange static-like noise coming over the public address system.

“Maybe I’ll just yell,” he shrugged as the audience laughed. “Our current estimate is that’s a ham radio. I’m simply reporting what I was told.”

On Sunday, Gingrich admitted to Fox News that he was borrowing a small amount of personal funds to run his “shoestring” campaign, which he said owed “slightly less” $4.5 million.

Last month, the cashed-starved campaign began charging supporters $50 to have a photograph taken with the Republican presidential candidate.

Funds have also begun drying up at the pro-Gingrich Winning Our Future super PAC.

Watch to the video below from CNN, broadcast on April 11, 2012

Video at the page link

Gingrich complains he ‘can’t afford teleprompters’ after bouncing $500 check | The Raw Story

Dear XXXXXXX,

With Rick Santorum suspending his campaign for President yesterday, the mainstream media and the political elites have declared the race for the Republican nomination over and done.

Oh sure, more than half of the country has yet to vote.

And never mind that the presumptive nominee is not even halfway to the number of delegates needed to secure the nomination.

I am not ready to fall in line with their plans. I am not going to allow them to write the story.

This story will be written by you and me over the next few months, just as it has been over the past few years.

In the coming days, the media will be expecting me to also bow down to their new prince. Well, I want to give them a little surprise.

Instead of a defeated candidate bowing out of the race, as we saw yesterday, let's show them a surging candidate determined to ride on to Tampa!

And what's the best way to do that? To have a HUGE Money Bomb this coming weekend.

Our goal is to raise at least $2.5 million on April 15.

That will show them we are still spoiling for a fight!

You see, we are in hand-to-hand combat across the country right now with the GOP establishment as we fight for every single delegate.

And with primaries left in California and my home state of Texas, our campaign has a lot in store for the establishment over the next few weeks.

But it starts right here, with our Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb this coming weekend.

If you believe I should stand and fight when others retreat...

If you believe our message, issues, and movement should go all the way to Tampa...

If you want our campaign to get the maximum number of delegates...

Well, then, it is vital you stand with me right now. You can pledge your contribution to the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb by clicking HERE.

I won't mince words - if we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on.

We cannot do this halfway. It's too important.

So please, pledge your contribution today. Pledge to fight with me over the coming weeks and months.

Promote the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb on Facebook and Twitter. Email and call every friend of Liberty you know.

I am counting on your support for our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb. This is no time for suspending campaigns or concession calls. This is the time for Patriots like you to continue our fight.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. With so many state conventions upcoming - where the real delegates will be selected - you and I must double down in our efforts to fight for Liberty.

I am ready and willing to fight to Tampa if you will stand beside me. You can show your support today by pledging to give to our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb.

Just click HERE to pledge.

Obama vs Ron Paul - LETS GIVE OBAMA HIS ONE TERM! MAKE THIS GO VIRAL!

Published on Apr 11, 2012 by RonPaulorRonPaul

Establishment big government republicans do not represent real change from Obama. The last four years have been a continuation of Bushes eight years, and one of the false conservatives would just be another four years of the same failed policies.

It's Ron Paul or Ron Paul! There is NO OTHER OPTION!

Ron Paul for President 2012.

Establishment big government republicans do not represent real change from Obama. The last four years have been a continuation of Bushes eight years, and one of the false conservatives would just be another four years of the same failed policies. Do not be fooled by the false left right paradigm, the establishment candidates are just as bad as Obama. They would just be more of the same. The state department will be filled with CFR members, probably the exact ones that are in place now as they were with Bush. The treasury department will be filled with Goldman Sachs people just as they are now and the last five presidents before. The Federal reserve will never be threatened or audited and continue with business as usual and the sovereignty of this country destroyed. the only one fighting the good fight is Ron Paul and the rest are just more of the same.

Where In the world is the media? Amazing collage photo