Page 273 of 740 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Philip DeFranco Wants To Televise the Revolution!

Submitted by drewden123 on Wed, 04/11/2012 - 22:20
    Ron Paul 2012

Liberty lovers,

Many of you may be familiar with Philip DeFranco, an alternative media of sorts, who posts vlogs periodically (weekly?). From WikiPedia: "He has over 824 million views, and over 2 million subscribers."

This man with libertarian leanings and a huge audience has explicitly ASKED for footage of Ron Paul's huge rallies so he can report it since the MSM doesn't! See him ask in the first minute or so of his video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OedEL...ature=youtu.be

Let's make sure we welcome him as an alliance of truth and another friend in the media, like Ben Swann, who knows that the MSM refuses to report the truth. Send any rally footage his way!

Philip DeFranco Wants To Televise the Revolution! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-12-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul to Evangelical Ministers: I'm in!

Evangelicals turn to Ron Paul

In the wake of Senator Rick Santorum’s departure from the presidential race there are signs that some evangelical leaders are refusing to jump on board the Mitt Romney bandwagon and are turning to Congressman Ron Paul instead. The Texas congressman spoke to several thousand people last night at the Will Rogers Auditorium in downtown Fort Worth but met quietly afterward with evangelical leaders.

Why Ron Paul? And why now, when the race is being declared “done” by the main stream media?

“Because you don’t give away your support without getting something in return,” says a former congressman who has been at the heart of the Christian right movement since its beginning. The longer that Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich stay in the race, the more likely that Romney will be forced to take a evangelical conservative as his vice presidential nominee.

Why not turn to Speaker Newt Gingrich, a Catholic who is a former Southern Baptist, with views that resonate with evangelicals?

“If we had to do it over again, we should have gone with Gingrich,” one of Santorum’s supporters told me today. But if we switch to Gingrich now we risk another drop out.” The former Speaker reportedly has debts of $ 4.2 million and has asked the Romney campaign for help in retiring them. Romney reportedly declined.

Meanwhile, the Ron Paul campaign, with cash on hand, has begun airing television ads in Texas and launches another moneybomb this weekend.
    “I have one question for you,” one of the ministers reportedly said in the private meeting last night with Dr. Ron Paul, “Are you going to drop out? Or will you stay in all the way to Tampa?”

“I’m in,” the Texan replied.

“That’s all I need to know,” the minister said.

The evangelical community began reaching out to Dr. Paul almost immediately after Senator Rick Santorum dropped out of the presidential race. Yesterday, Pastor Steven Andrew of USA Christian Ministries announced his support of the congressman, calling for a day of prayer and fasting. Andrew released a statement saying that, “After Santorum, Ron Paul is the most God-fearing Presidential candidate [and] the Republican party should endorse him.” Andrew said that “If Republicans don’t give a Christian candidate, Christians should look elsewhere – even to a third party.”

The Christian Wire service ran an article yesterday saying that Christians like the fact that Ron Paul “opposes tyranny, would cut the deficit and is prolife.”
    A prominent television evangelist , speaking on the promise of anonymity, says that there was great disappointment in Rick Santorum’s withdrawal from the race. “No one faults a man for being a good father, and dropping out to take care of a child, but it hurts many of us very deeply. We were counting on him to lead our cause.”

Foster Freiss, the Wyoming billionaire who financed the Santorum Super Pac, has publicly said he will now help Mitt Romney.

Meanwhile, evangelical leaders are skeptical of any of their brethren who are now pledging to Romney. “They are trotting out the same old bought and paid for names, Richard Land and Jay Sekulow, and acting like they are new.” A Gingrich supporter who is quite vocal about his disappointment with the Santorum campaign suspects that evangelical leaders who supported Santorum, did so in return for donations to their nonprofit organizations. “They will now try to repeat the same thing with Romney and are already in the news laying the foundation for their appeal. It is appalling.”

But the rank and file evangelicals are not for sale and many seeking an end to the corruption in Washington see Ron Paul, a born again Christian, as their best voice of protest and the best way to force Romney to deal with them.

Steve Scheffler, president of the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition and a GOP national committeeman, is dumbfounded that the Romney’s campaign had so far made no effort to reach out to evangelicals.

“The presidential race is likely to be truly competitive,” Mr. Scheffler said, “in about a dozen states, including Iowa, and the Republicans will need to motivate people to volunteer at calling centers and put up signs. I don’t think there’s much room for error.”

Meanwhile, the Ron Paul people continue to fill the vacuum. In Iowa they are helping Scheffler and other Santorum people get re-elected to their positions. They can afford to be generous, they have everything else.

Says Brian Jacobs, a former consultant to Billy Graham and to evangelical leaders such as Kenneth Copeland, “Ron Paul is a born again Christian who is untainted by this corruption that has engulfed Washington. It should be no big surprise that evangelicals are discovering him.”

Ron Paul speaks to 3,000 at Will Rogers Auditorium, Ft. Worth, Texas, 4/11/12.

Evangelicals turn to Ron Paul « Doug Wead The Blog

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOOOOO RON PAUL
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-12-2012 at 01:19 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul Is IN IT TO WIN IT! Let’s Show Our Support on April 15

By RonPaul.com on April 12, 2012

Money Bomb on April 15! “IN IT TO WIN IT”
    PLEDGE at InToWin2012.com (grassroots)
    DONATE at RonPaul2012.com (official)

Ron Paul Is IN IT TO WIN IT! Let’s Show Our Support on April 15

3,000+ Pack Texas A&M for Ron Paul Rally!

Ron Paul LIVE!/Wednesday-Thursday/Fort Worth-San Antonio-UPDATE:-Video:Fort Worth Speech

Submitted by John P. Slevin on Wed, 04/11/2012 - 16:53
    Ron Paul 2012
    Texas

HD Video: The FULL Ron Paul Speech at TAMU

Filmed by Matt Johnson and Taylor Stanley http://whoismatt.com
    Produced by John P. Slevin http://www.winliberty.com
    Your Host: Lonnie Brantley

Think you've seen a quality Ron Paul production? Watch THAT!

Then help us do it at the rest of the stops.

Video: Fort Worth Speech Pt. 1 submitted by Messiah Rice

To SEND Vids/Pics and reports FROM the events: please use our email: winliberty@gmail.com

To RECEIVE updates, follow on Twitter: WinLiberty (@WinLiberty) on Twitter
    @winliberty

Ron Paul’s Texas Campaign swing continues with events tonight in Fort Worth, Texas (free reservations here) and tomorrow in San Antonio(free reservations here).

For ALL updates on Massive Crowds for Ron Paul, tonight and tomorrow watch this Daily Paul Post!

LIVE STREAM NOW by another Daily Paul User

Testnit on USTREAM: .

We’re covering these packed houses and public squares for Ron Paul like we did for the original Ron Paul LIVE! Broadcast from Texas A & M in College Station, Texas.

The Mainstream Media isn’t covering this. WE ARE!

Ron Paul LIVE!/Wednesday-Thursday/Fort Worth-San Antonio-UPDATE:-Video:Fort Worth Speech | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

St. Charles, MO County Caucus - Wrap up

Submitted by OFallonBrent on Wed, 04/11/2012 - 17:03
    Missouri

As all of you know we had a great night last night. I thought I would take a few minutes to give a quick overview of what happened and what we did to make it happen.

First, I want to let everyone know that without Bryce and Joe we would not have been successful. I don't want to appear to brag, but I think my role was pretty important too. Bryce and Joe did most of the coordination prior to the last caucus and Bryce and I spent many late nights in the weeks before the new caucus. Bryce put together a program for the GOTV effort that worked beautifully. If anyone is working on GOTV, contact me and I can help give you suggestions based on what we did.

The Rick Santorum supporters offered to buy dinner for anyone who attended the caucus to support him. After his announcement that was changed to light snacks.

The Mitt Romney supporters set up a pop up canopy outside of the convention center to talk to their supporters.

The Ron Paul supporters had a room inside across from the caucus room and the caucus registration where we checked in our people against our lists. We also had people there who were from outside of the county to watch Ron Paul supporters' kids while they were in the caucus.

The caucus started relatively on time, about 7:15pm.

After the establishment of some temporary committees the election of Chairman was conducted. There were a few over 900 people who were credentialed to participate. The nominees were myself and the GOP State Chairman David Cole. I won 480-402. There were some abstentions.

At this point I am pretty happy. I knew we had just won the day! We just had to get through the process fairly.

A Ron Paul supporter was elected as Secretary. I was willing to have our people vote for the woman from the Romney campaign who we had agreed to support at the previous caucus, but the person who had come in from the Romney national campaign never felt the need to talk to me, so we nominated our guy. They did end up nominating the woman who I was willing to work with but at that point it was too late and our person was elected as Secretary.

We then read the proposed rules that had been put together by a group of people representing each of the candidates and that had consensus agreement were fair. These rules were adopted without much effort.

It would take another couple of hours to get to the actual voting on the slates. There was a motion to recess which did not pass. When the recess was rejected there were some other stalling tactics used but I was erring on the side of being to permissive, and they were motions in proper order so I dealt with them properly, but I knew the were stalling for time.

There were three elections of slates that had to take place. There are two congressional districts that our county overlaps so there are separate slates for CD2 and CD3. There is also an election for the state delegates. The first to be voted on were the nominated delegates to the 2nd Congressional Convention.

The "Rick Santorum" slate was called Restore America Now. The "Ron Paul" slate was called the Constitutional Conservative Slate, and the "Mitt Romney" slate was called The Mitt Romney Slate. The rules stated that a slate had to be submitted in writing and have a majority vote to win. The Romney group tried to submit their slate by place placing their laptop on the table as their submission. I was not inclined to accept this as the rules stated "in writing". Romney supporters tried to argue they were in writing and should be accepted. I was going to put the issue to a vote of the body, but in the time it took to prepare for that the Romney people were able to print it out.

We held the vote for CD2 delegates and the Constitutional Conservative slate won with a majority.

For the 3rd Congressional slates the "Santorum" slate was withdrawn. After giving the Romney people more time again to try to complete a slate they finally put something together that met the criteria to be accepted. Again the Constitutional Conservative slate won.

The election of delegates to the State Convention was pretty easy. The Constitutional Conservative slate was the only one submitted that met the rules requirements. It won.
    We wrapped up the last pieces of business pretty quickly. The meeting adjourned around 11pm.

We won all of the delegates and alternates from St. Charles county. 59 delegates and 59 alternates to CD2, 88 delegates and 88 alternates to CD3, and 147 delegates and 147 alternates to State.

At one point I did have to ask a Ron Paul supporter to leave the caucus. I felt very bad about it but I had to do it. It was an older gentleman in a wheelchair who would point a cane when he talked. He approached a microphone along with his attendant. He made a very heart felt speech saying that he was not a Republican but an Independent and that only Ron Paul would appeal to Independents. He mentioned voting for third parties in other recent elections. When asked to clarify that he was not Republican, he again stated he was not. The call to Convention/Caucus is clear that you must be Republican and I had no choice but to ask him to leave. I am not sure he really understood why he had to leave, but his attendant helped him out of the caucus and then returned to participate himself.

There were lots of things that happened that I did not mention, motions of various kinds to try to benefit people's causes, which is normal. A few that were angry that they did not know the rules and those who did were getting their way.

When it was all over I was literally swarmed by people from every campaign wanting to shake my hand and thank me for running a fair caucus.

We gained a lot of credibility and respect last night from people who had a warped perception of Ron Paul supporters. The Ron Paul supporters were respectful and well behaved. The ones attempting to slow the process and instigate bad will were from the other campaigns and everyone, even their supporters, saw that.

I feel the way I ran that caucus should be an example for how they all should be conducted. I am very pleased with everything that went on yesterday and everyone involved. Later tonight I plan to record a robo call thanking our supporters.

We can win more of these. The Show Me State has shown everyone how.

St. Charles, MO County Caucus - Wrap up | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

What Now? Ron Paul’s path to victory

By Doug Wead

Okay, Rick Santorum is out. What does it mean for the race to the GOP nomination? And what choices does the Ron Paul campaign now face?

You can help us decide. Here are some options. And you don’t have to chose just one.

1.) Make an all out effort to go for it.
    2.) Become the anti-Romney candidate and gather his opponents.
    3.) Work with Gingrich to block Romney.
    4.) Stay in the race but don’t antagonize the GOP leadership.
    5.) Seek a deal with Romney while it still matters.
    6.) Prepare for a Third Party run.

Here are some factors to keep in mind.

The widely reported Associated Press delegate tabulation is way off and this is driving all of the television commentary. For example, the vaunted New York Times has made no effort at a delegate count of their own, they rely fully on the AP.

Keep in mind, the AP reported 40 people at a Ron Paul event in Hudsonville, Michigan when photographs showed two thousand. They reported 1,000 people at an event in Missouri while their own AP photograph of the event, which captured only part of the audience, numbered 2,500. And they make no effort to correct any of this.

As of today, the Associated Press awards Romney with 12 delegates in Iowa, 12 in Maine, 14 in Nevada, 9 in Colorado and 30 in Washington. Don’t they wish. They also awarded him only 7 in North Dakota where he came in third place behind Rick Santorum and Ron Paul but captured even more at the ND State Convention than they had reported. In fact, even today, the AP chart reads exactly the same, even though the numbers are dramatically different. Journalism is dead.

By the way, I have this reoccurring nightmare that some of the state conventions will retroactively award Romney their delegates and the media will end up being right, like a broken clock is right twice a day. Then they will say, “See, what was all the fuss about? We were right all along. We were better than right. We were prescient.”

Nevertheless, campaigns are not in the national media entertainment business. And we don’t have executives from holding companies telling our executives what to do and passing the instructions down to our on air anchors and pundits. Holding companies that depend on billions of dollars of interest free loans from that elitist piggy bank, the Federal Reserve. And unlike the media, we don’t have major companies who advertise with us and who coincidentally benefit from the same corruption by getting low interest loans from the banks who are getting interest free loans for the FED.

In fact, we are in the business of taking on that very cycle of corruption.

So, we still have to deal with facts.

Without revealing too much, and keeping in mind that this changes weekly, you would be wise to calculate that Mitt Romney has about 106 delegates less than what the national media is now showing. Santorum, even before dropping out, had about 16 less. This includes adding delegates that the media incorrectly withheld from Santorum and then subtracting its false calculations. Now add 98 delegates to Ron Paul. And you have the real picture of where it stands today.

There is something else. Many of the delegates who have already been selected to go to Tampa and are pledged to vote for Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich are actually Ron Paul activists who were chosen as delegates because they showed up and got elected as such, not because they committed to any of the candidates. We don’t yet have a complete count on any of this but it is substantial. We are in the process of taking over the GOP at many precinct and country levels. And that is translating into power at the state conventions where the delegations are chosen. The GOP establishment is trying to block this by telling their people not to vote for anyone under thirty years of age or anyone who is Hispanic. But our people are filling those delegate slots. Even we can’t keep up with the numbers.

This means that the convention floor in Tampa will be loaded with Ron Paul supporters. And it means if Santorum releases his delegates many of them will vote for us because they were never Rick Santorum supporters in the first place.

Don’t underestimate the power of money to influence this process. And don’t underestimate the power of money to corrupt this process.

The presidential campaign of former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, is $ 4 million in debt. So far Romney has declined to make a deal. This stalemate is likely to go all the way to convention. Why should either side back down?

And keep in mind this number. 15%. Many of the remaining primary states require a candidate to get 15% of the vote before being awarded any of the delegates. With Santorum out, it is likely that both Gingrich and Paul will qualify for delegates in most, if not all of these remaining states. Why is that important? Won’t it take more than 15% to win the nomination? It is important because it means that Gingrich, without any money, will still be able to drain off a few anti-Romney, anti-Paul delegates that would have stayed home but will now help keep a Romney victory at bay.

Texas is important. We will get no breaks from the mainstream media. So Texas will require television advertising of our own. And that will require money. Watch the next moneybomb closely.

Oh, by the way. For those following the drama in St. Charles, Missouri. We won last night. We won ALL the delegates. And the man they had arrested last month was elected the chairman. They meant it for evil. God meant it for good.

Okay, let’s see your vote. I am for making an all out effort to win it all.

You can join the discussion at Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian | Facebook

Mitt Romney at Ford Field

Ron Paul speaking in Texas last night

What Now? Ron Paul’s path to victory « Doug Wead The Blog