Page 280 of 740 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Six Romney Family Members Hit Campaign Trail… For RON PAUL

Mitt “just doesn’t understand the constitution like Ron Paul.”

Steve Watson
    Infowars.com
    March 6, 2012

No less than six relatives of Presidential candidate Mitt Romney have joined the campaign trail in the race for the GOP nomination, but they’re not supporting the former Massachusetts governor, they’re campaigning for Texas Congressman Ron Paul.

Three of Romney’s relatives will even speak at Idaho caucus sites, declaring their support for Paul in a story that is sure to create a buzz around Paul’s campaign as he looks to pick up his first caucus win on Super Tuesday.

The Paul campaign issued a press release Monday introducing five Romney relatives, then issued another release shortly afterwards noting a sixth.

Travis Romney, Troy Romney and Chad Romney, all cousins of Mitt Romney, will speak before Ron Paul crowds in Idaho today. Ty Romney and Jared Romney, whose grandfathers are cousins of former Michigan Governor George Romney, the father of Mitt Romney, have also declared their support for Paul.

“I don’t dislike Mitt at all,” Chad Romney (pictured above) said. “He seems like a nice guy. He just doesn’t understand the constitution like Ron Paul.”

“It’s Ron Paul or bust,” Chad Romney added, “Now, a lot of people will ask me if I’m related,” he said. “And I always say: ‘Yes, I’m related, but I vote for Ron Paul.’ ”

When asked who he would vote for if the ticket turns out to be Romney vs Obama, Chad Romney said “I don’t know if I’d vote for either one of them. I’d just write Ron Paul in there.”

“I support Ron Paul because he defends the Constitution, loves America and understands what it means to be an American, including the right to live your life any way you want as long as you respect others,” said Travis Romney, a second cousin once removed from the former Massachusetts governor.

Ty Romney, an attorney in Montana added, “Ron Paul is honest. It’s time to take a stand for honesty. It doesn’t matter whether the truth is popular or not, I know that Ron Paul will always maintain a true principle and I endorse that degree of integrity.”

Paul’s campaign suggests that the endorsements show that the Congressman can win Mormon voters, noting that the Romneys are now members of the “Latter-day Saints for Ron Paul” nationwide coalition.

Paul previously received support from Rick Santorum’s nephew John Garver, who described his own uncle as a “big government”, “status quo” politician, while urging Americans to vote for Ron Paul.

» Six Romney Family Members Hit Campaign Trail… For RON PAUL Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2 things and Ron wins!

Submitted by paceme on Sat, 04/14/2012 - 03:28 Delegates

This is a follow-up on meowmixeater's most recent post last night. Awesome post. A lot of great posts, recently: Romney will not have the nomination, even with 1,144 delegates, not even close | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Only 2 things need to happen, one at the convention and one on Sunday.

1. EVERY SINGLE Ron Paul supporter that's a delegate bound to Romney should abstain. I don't want to see him get only 1100 votes. I want to see him get under 1000! And if they ask the delegate why, which they won't, he/she should say:

I was chosen as a national delegate by my state party members to have the opportunity to vote and give Romney the nomination. If it were only for his success in capitalism, his family values, and his executive experience, I would. However, in light of many recent factors, as a Republican party faithful and a freedom-loving American, I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who:

- Has trailed Obama in the polls for almost the entire campaign, and is not improving;

- Is in favor of sending more of our sons and daughters to torture and kill and be tortured or killed in Afghanistan and elsewhere, when the majority of regular Americans in OUR party say otherwise;

- Has no plan for balancing the federal budget during his presidency, even in 8 years;

- If faced with bailing out Wall Street again, would do it in a heartbeat.

We need a President who will keep his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, not someone nobody is excited about and who probably would sink our chances in November against the worst President in modern American history.

At that point, you could pledge to Ron Paul or you could spout some American flag, heartland or whatever you want. The point is you can be honest and say what everyone is thinking without making it seem selfish or "Paulbot". Show the convention that you are submitting a vote of no confidence in Mitt Romney's leadership. Gingrich and Santorum supporters will follow suit, if they have any love for America.

2. Let's go for the record. Today is the day you GET THE WORD OUT! Let's get $7 million in the money bomb on Sunday and knock RP's opponents on their candy apples!

I'm going to match $10 or more for EVERY person that posts their donation timestamp in the comments here after the money bomb starts tomorrow, or that emails me their receipt: paceme (at] gmail [dot) com. And then I'll update this post with my donation timestamp tomorrow night.

Even if we do only get $2.5Mil this weekend, I'm still confident that we'll get the word out enough in Texas and Cali to get fresh blood and money flowing for RP, enough to line up all the delegates we need. And for heaven's sake, national campaign, get volunteers out EVERYWHERE with card-readers on smartphones at EVERY campaign event. Get them in front of the box office on opening weekend of the next blockbuster.

Those things pull in hundreds of millions! Get them out at sports games and concerts. Anywhere where large amounts of people are spending large amounts of money for trivial entertainment.

Now one of my favorite quotes ever:

"Shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward.

Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory!"

And another:

"Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace.

The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms!

Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle?

What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?

Forbid it, Almighty God!

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

No matter what, we are going to make a difference in this world and fire Washington RIGHT NOW! RP 2012!

2 things and Ron wins! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul Campaign Takin Over The G.O.P. Nation Wide!

Submitted by GBAmerica on Sat, 04/14/2012 - 10:57
    Ron Paul 2012

RON PAUL CAMPAIGN TAKIN OVER THE GOP NATION WIDE! ALSO, FRAUD EXPOSED! RON PAUL CAMPAIGN TAKIN OVER THE GOP NATION WIDE! ALSO, FRAUD EXPOSED! (MIRROR) - YouTube

Ron Paul Is Secretly Taking Over The GOP — And It's Driving People Insane Ron Paul Is Secretly Taking Over The GOP

Do not let them fool you! We are winning!!!

Ron Paul 2012: First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. Ron Paul 2012: First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - YouTube

Ron Paul Campaign Takin Over The Gop Nation Wide! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

SCHEDULE: Ron Paul to Visit Rhode Island, New York and Pennsylvania

Holds fundraisers, media availabilities, and town hall meetings at the Universities of Rhode Island and Cornell – Ithaca and in Pittsburgh

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul will campaign in Rhode Island, New York, and Pennsylvania by holding fundraisers, media availabilities, and large town hall meetings ahead of the three states’ nominating contests.

Ron Paul’s town hall meetings in Rhode Island, New York, and Pennsylvania are being organized by ‘Youth for Ron Paul’ (YFP). YFP, an initiative of the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign, launched in September 2011, and since its inception, students nationwide have organized 607 chapters and recruited more than 76,000 people. To learn more about ‘Youth for Ron Paul,’ including how to sign-up and establish a local chapter, visit the YFP website by clicking here.

“Supporters in Rhode Island, New York, and Pennsylvania are working tirelessly to organize these upcoming events so Ron Paul can speak directly to students and the broader community about his ‘Plan to Restore America,’ an economic blueprint that includes cutting $1 trillion in his first year in office, balancing the budget within three years, and eliminating five unconstitutional federal departments,” said Edward King, National Youth Director for the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign.

“Ron Paul is the only authentic conservative running for the Republican nomination and the only candidate who will solve our debt crisis, a liability future generations will inherit. That’s why he attracts so many young people, and that’s why Dr. Paul is the best candidate to defeat President Obama in November,” added Mr. King.

An open press opportunity will follow each of Ron Paul’s town hall meetings. Members of the local and major print, broadcast, and online media with particular needs such as the desire to arrange a candidate interview should contact Assistant Press Secretary Arick Stall at aricks@ronpaul2012.com. Please, no exceptions.

Ron Paul’s fundraisers are closed to all media.

Details of the events are as follows. All times Eastern.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012
    7:00 p.m.
    University of Rhode Island – Keaney Gymnasium
    Tootell Road
    South Kingstown, RI 02881

For a map of the location, click here. To RSVP for the event, click here.

Thursday, April 19, 2012
    Cornell University – Lynah Rink
    Campus Road
    Ithaca, NY 14853

Friday, April 20, 2012
    Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall – Auditorium
    4141 Fifth Avenue
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213

SCHEDULE: Ron Paul to Visit Rhode Island, New York and Pennsylvania*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Ron Paul Draws 3,600-plus Voters to San Antonio Event

In famed River City, crowds from Bexar, Medina, Comal and surrounding counties greet fellow Texan and ‘Champion of the Constitution’

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul drew a remarkable 3,600-plus supporters and undecided voters to the final of three town hall meetings he held in his home state of Texas this week.

The 12-term Congressman from the Lone Star State’s 14th District spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday holding fundraisers, engaging the Texas and national media, and holding large events drawing thousands of attendees.

Dr. Paul’s outdoor town hall meeting took place at 7:00 p.m. CST on the city’s Main Plaza, located at 115 North Main Street, San Antonio, TX 78205. The event was organized by ‘Youth for Ron Paul’ (YFP). YFP, an initiative of the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign, launched in September 2011, and since its inception, studentsnationwide have organized 607 chapters and recruited more than 76,000 people. To learn more about ‘Youth for Ron Paul,’ including how to sign-up and establish a local chapter, visit the YFP website by clicking here.

Photographs of Congressman Paul’s San Antonio town hall meeting with 3,600-plus people follow.

Why Santorum Supporters Should Switch to Paul

At The Daily Caller I make the case for why Rick Santorum supporters who still want conservative representation within the GOP should support Ron Paul:

Ron Paul and Rick Santorum supporters haven’t always agreed on everything. Paul supporters have criticized Santorum for his support for legislation like Medicare Plan D and No Child Left Behind. Santorum supporters have criticized Paul for his foreign policy views and some of his other positions. But Paul’s supporters and Santorum’s supporters have always agreed that conservatives must be represented — and strongly — within the Republican Party, and that supporting Mitt Romney isn’t the way to ensure that happens. With Santorum out of the race, his supporters should consider supporting Paul’s candidacy.

There’s no doubt that many Santorum supporters are not entirely comfortable with Paul’s voting record, just as many of them weren’t comfortable with Santorum’s — especially Santorum’s record on spending issues. But Paul is far more conservative than Romney. Santorum supporters can help advance conservatism by standing with him.

Most Republicans who hold faith, family values and life as top priorities when selecting a candidate also want to seriously cut spending and reduce government. These folks accounted for most of Santorum’s support. Ron Paul is a conservative whose limited-government record is irrefutable — but who is also a devout Christian, 100% pro-life and has been married to the same woman for 50 years. In Paul, conservatives are rid of some of the things that made Santorum less attractive — big spending, government growth — but also have a candidate who has been a lifelong social conservative in more ways than many Republicans realize.

Many conservatives disagreed with Santorum on key issues but felt he was still an acceptable conservative alternative to Romney. Now, those same Republicans need not agree with Ron Paul on everything to consider him the only remaining alternative to Romney. Far more than Newt Gingrich, Paul has the organization, resources and passionate army of supporters to carry the important message of limited government all the way to Tampa.

Read the entire column at The Daily Caller

Why Santorum Supporters Should Switch to Paul*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Dear XXXXXXX,

With Rick Santorum out of the race, Ron Paul and his supporters are the last remaining obstacle standing in the way of establishment darling Mitt Romney securing the Republican nomination.

So you can be sure the establishment is gearing up to pull out every dirty trick in the book to SHUT OUT Ron Paul supporters from the National Convention.

You and I can’t allow that to happen.

That’s why I hope you’ll pledge to contribute to Ron Paul’s Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb coming up on April 15.

Your generous contribution will help our campaign double down on our efforts to pick up delegates where it really counts.

The truth is, these next two months will be make-or-break for our campaign to Restore America NOW!

During this time, more than nine states will be holding massive Conventions to select National Delegates to Tampa, Florida – the delegates that will ultimately choose the Republican nominee.

National Delegates will also be chosen at numerous District Conventions taking place all across the country.

At each of these Conventions, Ron Paul supporters have an excellent chance to secure crucial delegate spots.

There are also the Texas and California primaries – where hundreds of delegates will be up for grabs.

And after all the hard work we’ve all put in over the past year, I hope you agree that we can’t afford to cut back now.

So please pledge to contribute to Ron Paul’s April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb!

Make no mistake, this fight isn’t going to be easy.

If we’re going to stop the establishment from shutting out Ron Paul, our campaign must have the resources to fight back against their election machine.

That means hundreds of thousands of phone calls must be made, targeted direct mail and emails need to be sent out, and we must be able to run hard-hitting TV and radio ads.

Since we know they’re going to get really nasty, there’s also the cost of lawyers, legal fees, and other resources we’ll need to stop their dirty schemes.

I’m confident if we have the resources to effectively fight back, we will be able to overcome their tactics and elect a large number of National Delegates for Ron Paul.

And it’s absolutely vital we have the funds to get his message of peace and prosperity out to undecided voters in Texas, California, and as many other upcoming states as possible.

But Ron Paul’s ability to win depends on the generosity and support of good folks like you.

Take St. Charles County, Missouri, for instance.

As you remember, the original caucus there was canceled after the establishment attempted to railroad Ron Paul supporters – leading to riot police and the arrest of Ron Paul supporter Brent Stafford.

The caucus re-do took place this past Tuesday and was run by the State Party to ensure fairness.

Thanks to your continued support, Ron Paul supporters turned out in droves – outnumbering Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum’s combined attempt to shut Ron Paul delegates out.

Brent Stafford was elected Caucus Chair, and he ran the caucus in a very professional and fair manner.

When all was said and done, Ron Paul WON every single delegate and alternate delegate out of St. Charles – which is the largest Republican County in the entire state of Missouri.

I hope you’ll pledge to contribute to Ron Paul’s April 15 Money Bomb so we can report even more stories of victory!

Over the past year, you and I have fought hard against the establishment.

We’ve overcome their backroom deals, flat-out lies, and other manipulation tactics.

As a result, Ron Paul is in a position to compete at the National Convention.

But at these final conventions is where our battle gets really heated. We must be able to fight back so we can win as many delegates as possible for Ron Paul.

So please, pledge your most generous contribution to Ron Paul’s April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb to help us take this fight all the way to Tampa, Florida.

Together, you and I can Restore America NOW!

For Liberty,

John Tate
    Campaign Manager

P.S. Over the next two months, Ron Paul supporters will be competing for National Delegate spots at over nine State Conventions – as well as dozens of Congressional District Conventions all across the country.

And we’ll also be going all-out to pick up as many delegates as possible in the Texas and California Republican Primaries.

That’s why I’m counting on you to pledge a generous contribution to Ron Paul’s Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb to make sure our campaign has the resources to take this fight all the way to Tampa, Florida.

Paid for by Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

www.ronpaul2012.com
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-14-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Strike While The Iron Is Hot - Help Me Get Pastor Brian Jacobs Seen And Heard In Christian Media!

Submitted by Zak Carter on Sat, 04/14/2012 - 11:32Ron Paul 2012

Pastor Brian Jacobs, quoted by Doug Wead in this article Paul Meets Quietly with Evangelicals

Wants to do more interviews like this one that I lined up for him! God Endorses Ron Paul - You Should Too - Pt 1 - YouTube

Pastor Jacobs of the Metroplex Family Church Metroplex Family Church / Home used to work with Rev. Billy Graham and is a spokesman of Christians for Ron Paul Christians for Ron Paul 2012 - Résumé | Facebook It was Pastor Jacobs that introduced Rev. Graham to President George W. Bush during the 2000 election - It's Huge that he's on our side now!
    Please send email/faxes and make phone calls with me asking Christian media for more Pastor Jacobs! Share my contact information with producers, editors, reporters and show hosts, and I'll line em' up! zakrevolution@yahoo.com 206-501-9221

Strike While The Iron Is Hot - Help Me Get Pastor Brian Jacobs Seen And Heard In Christian Media! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Doug Wead: Ron Paul to Obama and Romney: “Jerusalem is the capital of Israel”

Submitted by Maeve on Fri, 04/13/2012 - 19:57
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

News is now leaking out about a private meeting between evangelical leaders and presidential candidate Ron Paul which took place last Wednesday night. The leaders asked Dr. Paul about an Executive Order moving the American Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. “The real issue here is not what America wants but what Israel wants. We have no right to chose their capital,” Dr. Paul said, “If they say it is Jerusalem, then it is Jerusalem.” (cont'd)

Doug Wead: Ron Paul to Obama and Romney:
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-14-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Ron Paul: There's Still a Strong Anti-Romney Element in the Party 4-13-12