Page 230 of 740 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Boone County, MO Caucus results are a Solid Win for RP 48 of 53 delegates

Submitted by economics31 on Sat, 03/17/2012 - 16:03
    Delegates
    Missouri

Boone County, MO Caucus results are a Solid Win for RP 48 of 53 delegates.

We've been working for this for 4 years. All of our teams work paid off today. We got 48 of 53 delegates and all alternates. It was peaceful and we brought in hundreds of new RP supporters to the Republican Party to work for the Constitution.

Boone County, MO Caucus results are a Solid Win for RP 48 of 53 delegates | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm getting some good reports from Missouri on my twitter feed.

Submitted by ralph hornsby on Sat, 03/17/2012 - 13:12
    Delegates
    Missouri

"What a hot mess this caucus is. People who were unprepared are upset at those who were. And Ron Paul folks were prepared"

"Franklin Caucus. so hybrid Romney/Paul slate wins."

"I'm pretty sure Ron Paul has organized the heck out of Nodaway county. #MO"

"I was selected as a #ronpaul delegate today."

WIN! Rt @Ronpaulmissouri Man my people worked hard. Our caucus was an amazing experience. Thank you STL. For busting tail for us! #ronpaul

Some not good or don't know what is going on.

"Caucus is over. No delegates appointed. Meeting adjourned despite much louder 'Nays' and no count. #MOcaucus #StCharlesCO"

I'm getting some good reports from Missouri on my twitter feed. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul Campaign to GOP: Adapt or Die

I don’t agree with everything said in this story, but it does a pretty good job of putting the long term revolutionary aspects of Ron Paul’s campaign into proper context. As I’ve said before, when the 2012 elections are over, candidates like Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum will be nothing more than asterisks in the history books, while Ron Paul will remain the most important political figure of our era.

Reports
    CBS News:

As Paul’s team will openly admit, his presidential run has doubled as an effort to advance the Libertarian movement. And on that measure, there are reasons to already view it as a success.
    Start with the vote totals… Paul has consistently won more votes in the 2012 cycle than he did in his presidential run four years ago. In Ohio, he went from 49,027 votes in 2008 to 111,238 votes in 2012; in Michigan, he went from 54,434 votes four years ago to 115,712 votes in this cycle. He more than quadrupled his vote total South Carolina, tripled it in New Hampshire and doubled it in Georgia.

Throughout the campaign, Paul has attracted the sort of crowds that also-ran candidates rarely see, including the 4,600 people that turned out to see him in Champaign, Illinois, on Wednesday. Meanwhile, his passionate supporters have continued to pour money into his campaign, even as Paul’s odds of winning the nomination have gotten ever longer.

“It does seem like this is a real step forward within the Republican Party,” said John Samples, who directs the Center for Representative Government at the Cato Institute, a Libertarian think tank. Noting that Paul’s supporters tend to be younger and previously disengaged from the GOP, he added: “He’s reaching a new constituency, and he’s doing it in the context of a party that has concerns about the future…”

Jesse Benton, Paul’s campaign chairman, said he does see evidence that Paul’s ideas are making a difference.

“There is a big debate right now inside the Republican Party on getting out of Afghanistan,” said Benton. “Look at the monetary issue. You’ve got candidates across the country campaigning on sound money, the gold standard, auditing the Federal Reserve. You’ve got internet freedom – Republicans came together and they opposed SOPA.” Benton also pointed to GOP efforts to cut spending, though he said such efforts have not gone nearly far enough…

Benton stresses that the Paul campaign is not giving up on winning the nomination, though he concedes that Paul is not going to get the 1,144 delegates necessary to secure it before the GOP convention in August. He argues that if no candidate secures the nomination before August, Paul will ultimately triumph at the convention.

“A brokered convention is now our stated goal, and winning the nomination for Dr. Paul at said convention will require extensive politicking,” he said. “We plan to head to a Tampa with every political bullet we have loaded in our gun, ready for the convention fight…”

No matter what happens, Libertarians seem committed to moving the Republican Party toward their beliefs over the long term… Samples, of the Cato Institute, says Paul may ultimately be remembered as the man who moved the Republican party away from the George W. Bush model and into the future.

“There’s generational change going on here, and perhaps as time moves on you’ll see a different kind of Republican who’s closer to him,” he said. “And as you look back, you might say he kind of foreshadowed what happened.”

Benton’s message to the party, meanwhile, is simple: Adapt or die.

“The party’s at a crossroads,” he said. “They’re either going to start to embrace real limited constitutional government – and I think a lot of people are – or they’re really going to struggle nationally.”

“If they want to shrink this down into a little teeny tiny minority party,” he added. “They can keep catering to the neoconservatives.”

Ron Paul Campaign to GOP: Adapt or Die*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Mar 17, 2012

This was shortly after the unrest began while the initial points of order to overturn the "no recording" ruling were being ignored. They decided to reread the "official" rules to us all and continue ignoring any proper parliamentarian motions from the floor to change the rule.

At some point after this, the unspoken plan seemed to disseminated that we would move on from this grossly illegitimate phase and return to proper parliamentarian rule once Brent Stafford was elected chairman of the caucus. Unfortunately, things only got worse as the St. Charles County GOP Committee continued to ignore all motions from the floor.

After being away from the caucus for several hours now, I wish I had videoed more, also, not in portrait mode, but hey, there were at least 13 cops on the gymnasium floor trying to spot attendees recording...

Ron Paul wins 3rd largest County in Missouri

Submitted by joeinmo on Sat, 03/17/2012 - 17:23
    Missouri

I was the Caucus Secretary

we got 60% of the delegates in Greene County.

Romney 40%

Santorum 0%

There were 1008 Caucus Goers

111 delegates up for Grabs

Ron Paul wins 3rd largest County in Missouri | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

FLASH! (UPDATE) Seattle Washington Caucus: CONFIRMED. 21 Delegates Are Going To The State Caucuses For Ron Paul.

Submitted by emalvini on Sat, 03/17/2012 - 11:12 Ron Paul 2012
    Washington

FLASH! (UPDATE) Seattle Washington Caucus: CONFIRMED. 21 Delegates Are Gong Straight To The State Caucuses For Ron Paul.

I'm at it right now, an alternate who couldn't vote. There was a lot of fighting early on as we took over with the chair and started what should be labeled a 'caucus coup'. GOP likely ran off with the bubble-sheet ballots when we took over, there was a lot of confusion over how to keep the voting legit now that the ballots that were supposed to be here vanished. Motions rose to kick our chair out after voting ended and chaos reigned, which ended with a resounding spartan-like "NAY!" during voting on the motion. Very awesome. Some guy on an oxygen tank requested for us to hurry up before he ran out of air, people rose to volunteer tanks they apparently had lying around. Very bizarre and funny.

6 hours later, looks like we took the ENTIRE slate of delegates. Congrats North Seattle, I hope we keep this up everywhere. Go Ron Paul!

News: UPDATE from 36th District Caucus in Seattle, WA

FLASH! (UPDATE) Seattle Washington Caucus: CONFIRMED. 21 Delegates Are Going To The State Caucuses For Ron Paul. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul Wants Us To Pursue Election Fraud Investigations

Thousands Turn Out for President Paul in Missouri Today

Submitted by whatsupwiththat on Thu, 03/15/2012 - 16:01
    Ron Paul 2012

Missouri

Ron addressed several thousand this afternoon on the University of Missouri campus. As always, his speech was peppered with words and phrases you'll never hear from the other candidates, or the incumbent, or the mainstream media: the Patriot Act is the "Repeal the Fourth Amendment Act"; Washington is full of "warmongers" and "tyrants"; a preemptive strike is "a fancy word for starting a war"; another candidate is a "theocrat"; tolerance consists of "allowing people to do things you don't approve of, and letting them bear the consequences", etc.

Source

Thousands Turn Out for President Paul in Missouri Today | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

I was at the St. Charles Hijacked Caucus. Here's what I saw.

Submitted by ethangodt on Sat, 03/17/2012 - 21:00
    Ron Paul 2012
    Missouri

I was at the St. Charles Hijacked Caucus. Here's what I saw (in chronological order):

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gicvFb9nx...
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovPPePrw...
    3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...
    4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gue5oA4Oz...
    5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIpMRWLIK...

This is a good summary by Drew Stonebraker explaining what the fuss was about:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/drew-ston

another vid of Brent Stafford being arrested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sKbpR24A...

http://www.dailypaul.com/221408/i-wa...res-what-i-saw
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 03-17-2012 at 10:39 PM.

State GOP Condemns Caucus Shutdown/Promises to Accept Delegates- Local TV on Story Now

Submitted by John P. Slevin on Sat, 03/17/2012 - 18:26
    Ron Paul 2012
    Missouri

Police called to restore order at St. Charles County caucus, 2 arrested | ksdk.com

Read the article at that link; good Statement by Missouri GOP condeming the problems in the caucuses today.

The video is no good, but they also now are interviewing the Ron Paul supporter who was arrested, so there will be more video to come.

I'll post it here if I can get it.

It's unclear how those delegates will be chosen.

http://www.dailypaul.com/221375/stat...v-on-story-now
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 03-17-2012 at 10:34 PM.