Page 330 of 740 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ron Paul Has No Intention Of Quitting

April 25, 2012 by Bryan Nash

Ron Paul says his campaign is picking up steam despite a lack of media coverage.

While many people are convinced that Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul should throw in the towel, Paul still believes he can clean house come November.

“You don’t quit because you happen to be behind,” Paul said during an interview on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

“It doesn’t get the attention we think it deserves,” Paul said about his campaign. “I think the campaign is going very well. A lot of people like to write us off. We’re making in-roads in the structure of the Republican Party.”

Paul was asked if his campaign was more about bringing up issues then actually winning, and he answered with his own question: “Why can’t it be both?”

Paul is fed up with the Feds — Republicans and Democrats alike. He said that Republicans want to balance the budget in 30 years, but it could be done in three. Paul believes that Mitt Romney is a part of a crowd of Republicans and Democrats who are, “much closer than people realize. There’s not that much difference when you come to policy.”

When asked if he could get enough delegates for the Republican nomination, he responded: “Theoretically I can. …You can’t ever tell. …A little over half the votes have been counted.” He was quick to point out that another third of the votes come from California and Texas, the latter being the State he represents.

The Texas Representative still likes his chances and believes that he could get enough of the Democrat and independent vote to win in November.

“When you put my name up against Obama, I can do better than Romney,” he said.

Ron Paul Has No Intention Of Quitting : Personal Liberty Alerts=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul vs. Republican Identity Politics

I’ve made the point occasionally in my columns over the years that what often drives politics is not necessarily having the correct philosophy but political identity. This frustrates those of us who care about the size of government, reducing the national debt and restoring the Constitution. Ron Paul has a limited government record second to none.

A recent study showed that out of Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich and Paul, only Paul would actually reduce the debt as president. Here’s the breakdown:

Newt Gingrich’s plan
    Debt over next decade: Adds $7 trillion, increasing debt to GDP to 114%…

Rick Santorum’s plan
    Debt over next decade: Adds $4.5 trillion, increasing debt to GDP to 104%.

Mitt Romney’s plan
    Debt over next decade: Adds $250 billion, increasing debt to GDP to 86%…

Ron Paul’s plan

Debt over next decade: Reduces it by $2.2 trillion, lowering debt to GDP to 76%.

Yelling at CNN’s John King during a debate delivered my home state of South Carolina to Newt Gingrich by a commanding 41%, because Newt seemed on “our” side to Republicans and “against” the media.

Gingrich’s actual conservative record is abysmal but in that primary it didn’t matter much. For Republicans at that time, Newt was “one of us.”

Rick Santorum’s record is just as abysmal. Here’s a guy who admits to being George W. Bush’s wingman, helping to implement some of the most big government programs in American history.

“Politics is a team sport” says Santorum. He’s more right than he knows, as voters have largely “identified” with Santorum recently precisely because they think he’s more part of the Republican “team” than Romney. Writes The American Spectator’s Quin Hillyer (a Santorum supporter):

Cultural identification matter. That’s what allows Santorum to survive mistakes, or distorted attacks on his record, when others can’t: People identify with him.

The “distorted attacks” on Santorum’s record means people are simply discussing Santorum’s record. It’s horrible. If Santorum is actually better than Romney or Gingrich it is a marginal difference, and that margin is so slim that there is essentially no difference at all.

These guys are three peas in a big government pod
    and no amount of mental gymnastics from their supporters can erase their career-long statist records.

The Tea Party was supposed to be a movement that eschewed the politics of old, demanding strict fiscal conservatism and rejecting conventional big government Republicans. The only candidate in this race that fits what the Tea Party originally desired is Ron Paul. This is not arguable. If cutting government and reducing the debt is the Tea Party’s primary goal, only Ron Paul fits the bill, whether judging by his past record or his current budget plan.

Every other candidate–Romney, Santorum, Gingrich–fails the Tea Party’s fiscal conservative litmus test, whether judging by their past records or even their proposed budget plans, all of which cut nothing and add to our debt significantly.

But people “identify” with these candidates, some say? Republicans once “identified” with George W. Bush. A majority of Americans “identified” with Barack Obama in 2008.

To the degree that Republicans reject conservative philosophy to comfort themselves with identity politics is also to the degree that all of us will have to continue to endure big government.

Ron Paul vs. Republican Identity Politics*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Romney and RNC break GOP rule #11?

Submitted by Cmoneyscott on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 18:31
    Ron Paul 2012

Rule #11a states:

(a) The Republican National Committee shall not, without the prior written and filed approval of all members of the Republican National Committee from
    13 of 41 the state involved, contribute money or in-kind aid to any candidate for any public or party office except the nominee of the Republican Party or a candidate who is unopposed in the Republican primary after the filing deadline for that office. In those states where state law establishes a nonpartisan primary in which Republican candidates could participate, but in which the general election may not include a Republican candidate, the candidate endorsed by a convention held under the authority of the state Republican Party shall be recognized by the Republican National Committee as the Republican nominee

This from the Romney Site:
    “Governor Romney’s strong performance and delegate count at this stage of the primary process has made him our party’s presumptive nominee,” said RNC Chairman Reince Priebus. “In order to maximize our efforts I have directed my staff at the RNC to open lines of communication with the Romney campaign.”

UPDATE: The RNC has made good on their word to help Romney and have done so extremely quickly. Check out the new video they made entitled A Tale of Two Leaders

Are they allowed to do that?

Romney and RNC break GOP rule #11? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Paul Win A Real Possibility Now That Newt Is Out

Ron Paul 2012: Can He Beat Mitt Romney Now That Newt Gingrich Is Bowing Out?

Analysis

Romney alternative in the GOP presidential race now that Newt Gingrich is bowing out of the race, a fact that has wide-ranging implications for the party's chances of winning the White House in 2012.

Though Ron Paul's 2012 campaign has been consistently underestimated, much as his 2008 campaign was, he has managed to continue to bring in millions of dollars in donations, and to pack his rallies with thousands of vociferous supporters.

As such, it is no surprise that he is the last man left in the race against Mitt Romney. From day one Ron Paul, a Texas congressman and medical doctor, has been couched by the mainstream media as an underdog, a sideshow candidate incapable of beating his establishment opponents and unworthy of much attention.

But he has proven over and over again that he is a strong force, and recent news reports indicate that he is not going away anytime soon. Unlike Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum and other candidates who were once seen as frontrunners, Paul has always flown under the radar, slowly and methodically gathering delegates along the way.
    He may not be winning the votes of entire states like Mitt Romney, who picked up five more states on Tuesday, but he is winning over individual delegates to the nominating convention, already having secured half of the delegates in both Iowa and Minnesota, and working on a number of other states.

As such, Ron Paul's 2012 campaign is hoping for something like Warren G. Harding's surprise win in 1920, when Harding eventually won despite heading into the convention with the fewest delegates of any remaining candidate. And Harding went on to sweep into the White House.

And it appears that the path to the convention has been cleared of obstacles for Ron Paul, as Fox News said this week that his presence at the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa "looks inevitable at this point."

So it's within the realm of possibility that Ron Paul could upset Mitt Romney and pull the rug out from him and the Republican establishment, winning the GOP nomination despite all the odds being stacked against the Paul campaign from the race's outset.

As the Ron Paul Revolution PAC website has stated, the election is not over just because the media says so:

"The mainstream media has crowned Mitt Romney as the Republican nominee for the 2012 election and have declared that he is now moving onto the 'real race,'" a statement on the site says. "The mainstream media is doing its job promoting the status quo and now that the choice has been made by those that really know what is going on we can all relax and get back to trusting the government in all things. EXCEPT for the inconvenient fact that as caucus states are progressing to their county, district, and state conventions Ron Paul supporters are doing very well."

Stay tuned. It's just a matter of time before the world will see what becomes of the Ron Paul Revolution.

Ron Paul 2012: Can He Beat Mitt Romney Now That Newt Gingrich Is Bowing Out? - International Business Times

Spain For Ron Paul

As an American here fighting hard for Ron Paul this video brings tears to my eyes knowing the people of the world are behind us. Our corporate owned media is doing everything to silence us. Thank you for your support. Great video.
    These are GREAT people!
    Can't WAIT to start using the phrase "President Paul"... and I'm from Japan! ^_^
    So America its time to choose...
    Goldman Sachs War Party Candidate A: Obama
    -or-
    Goldman Sachs War Party Candidate B: Romney
    -or
    The Peoples Candidate: Dr. Ron Paul

** California Residents MUST be Registered GOP by May 21st to Vote for Dr Paul in June 5th Primary!
    My heart is filled with such warmth from the support of Spain in the R3VOLUTION! Spread the word: the R3VOLUTION has gone global
    This is not just an American issue. It is a World issue. As Americans, we need to take more responsibility for the Presidential Frankensteins we vote for and unleash on the rest of humanity. And when one of these monsters gets out of control, we cannot just sit back and say, "It's just a year or two before we can replace Bozo A with Bozo B"...because the damage they cause outside of our country never heals. The biggest criminals of all now run this New World disOrder Prison Planet.
    Awesome... nice guys. Europe if you think about it needs this revolution, the NWO are completing the final hurdles taking full advantage of this crisis for bigger EU political and fiscal unity.

Please spread the word in Spain to start planning a trip to Florida Tampa in August, if you have no money sleep in the parks, its only 4 days. Cya all in Tampa.
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-25-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Newt Gingrich To Drop Out Next Tuesday Leaving Paul as the Last Anti-Romney Standing

Doug Wead: Dr. Ron Paul vs. Mitt - A Brutal Battle - April 23, 2012

Submitted by AnCapMercenary on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 09:00
    Ron Paul 2012

Romney – Ron Paul in brutal battle!

Doug Wead
    April 23, 2012

The war over delegates at the district level last weekend descended into a brutal battle, more like a scene from the plains of the Serengeti than a political convention. Romney Hawks, now in complete control of his campaign (See Romney Hawks) are using strong arm tactics to shut out the Ron Paul forces. A county chairman in New York has commissioned robo calls declaring that all other candidates have dropped out of the race except Mitt Romney.

“If Mitt Romney has won the nomination,” says one of the Ron Paul state directors, “Why are they so threatening and running so scared? Why would they risk breaking the law or openly lying to people on phone calls?”

I reported to you yesterday on the Ron Paul success in Minnesota and Iowa. But only partially. I held back the full extent of the good news. The Des Moines Register reported that Ron Paul had won six members on the state committee. Ahem. There is much more to say but it is not wise to share. But since Dr. Paul, himself, let one of the cats out of the bag on CNBC today, I will reiterate his announcement that we took 15 out of 17 members of the Iowa state GOP steering committee.

Doug Wead: Dr. Ron Paul vs. Mitt - A Brutal Battle - April 23, 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

THE MAN WHO SHOULD SUCCEED
    RON PAUL

By Chuck Baldwin
    April 26, 2012
    NewsWithViews.com

Anyone who has been reading my columns for any length time knows that I am a staunch supporter (and, yes, friend) of Texas Congressman Ron Paul. I have written previously on why I believe Dr. Paul is the man that should be elected President of the United States in 2012. I’ve devoted several columns to promoting Ron Paul’s Presidential candidacy. Here was my latest.

I am also on record as saying I believe that historians will recognize Ron Paul as being the greatest US Congressman in American history. Rep. Paul has been the voice of constitutional government and liberty on Capitol Hill for nearly two and a half decades. No one in Washington, D.C., has even come close to his leadership and courage.

That said, the disconcerting element of the 2012 elections is that Dr. Paul has already made the announcement that he will not seek reelection to the US House of Representatives. That means, if Ron is not elected President, the American people will not have his voice in Washington, D.C., for the first time in over a generation. That thought is extremely troubling. Who would be the man to whom the mantle of constitutional leadership could be passed? The answer: the man who is running for Dr. Paul’s congressional seat, Steve Stockman. Like Ron Paul, Steve is a personal friend of mine, and, also like Ron Paul, Steve is a solid, courageous champion of constitutional government and liberty. How fitting it would be that a great man such as Steve Stockman would be elected to succeed the greatest congressman in US history.

Steve was first elected to the US House of Representatives back in that great freshman class of 1994 when a host of notable conservatives were swept into Congress, including people such as the late great Helen Chenoweth-Hage, the late Sonny Bono, Steve Largent, Joe Scarborough, Bob Barr, J.C. Watts, et al.

Steve is solidly on the right side of religious liberty issues, Second Amendment issues, life issues, illegal immigration issues, taxes and economics issues, the emerging police state issues, foreign interventionism issues, etc. In short, Steve Stockman is pro-Constitution, pro-life, pro-Second Amendment, pro-Americanism, and pro-liberty. He is anti-illegal immigration, anti-Big Government, anti-police state, and anti-warfare state. He is solid everywhere that Ron Paul is solid.

With this background, I am honored that Steve would invite me to speak at his “Conservative Action Conference” to be held this Saturday, April 28, 2012, at the Pasadena Convention Center and Municipal Fairgrounds just outside Houston, Texas. The rally starts at 9am Central time. I will be joining notable speakers such as Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, Congressman Bob McEwen, and several others.

To get more information on this great rally, click here.

If you live within driving distance of the Houston, Texas, area, I invite you to attend this terrific conference. And I also hope that you will come introduce yourself to me while you are there.

As you can imagine, big-government toadies are salivating at the opportunity to put one of their big-government cronies in Ron Paul’s House seat. Dr. Paul has been a thorn in their side for over two decades. Every American who loves freedom, who believes in constitutional government, and who admires and appreciates Ron Paul needs to support Steve Stockman in every way that they can--including with their financial contributions.

To donate to Steve’s campaign or to learn more about his candidacy, click here.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is no hyperbole to say that our liberties are under intense attack. We simply no longer have the luxury of sitting back and letting somebody else fight for our freedoms. Not all of us can run for elected office, of course. But all of us can and should support those liberty-minded patriots who are running for elected office. Steve Stockman is one of these patriots. I am honored to join him for his “Conservative Action Conference” this Saturday near Houston, Texas. And I’m asking you to do anything you can to help Steve, whether you live in Texas or not. Ron Paul spoke for all of us who believe in freedom and constitutional government on Capitol Hill. Steve Stockman will do the same!

If you appreciate this column and want to help me distribute these editorial opinions to an ever-growing audience, donations may now be made by credit card, check, or Money Order. Use this link.

And please visit my web site for past columns and much more.

© 2012 Chuck Baldwin - All Rights Reserved

Chuck Baldwin is a syndicated columnist, radio broadcaster, author, and pastor dedicated to preserving the historic principles upon which America was founded. He was the 2008 Presidential candidate for the Constitution Party. He and his wife, Connie, have 3 children and 8 grandchildren. Chuck and his family reside in the Flathead Valley of Montana. See Chuck's complete bio here.

E-mail: chuck@chuckbaldwinlive.com

Chuck Baldwin -- The Man Who Should Succeed Ron Paul

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-25-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Should Mitt Romney drop out of the Republican Primary?
    Yes, Ron Paul is the nominee.
    No, it isn't over till it's over....

Please Vote: Should Mitt Romney drop out of the Republican Primary?

Should Mitt Romney drop out of the Republican Primary?
    Selection Votes
    Yes, Ron Paul is the nominee. 99% 532
    No, it isn't over till it's over 1% 5
    537 votes total

The New World Order GLOBALIST's CAN ALL GO POUND SAND

NO ONE BUT PAUL
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-25-2012 at 11:17 PM.