Page 335 of 740 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Karl Rove predicts Romney loss to Obama

Anthony Martin
    Conservative Examiner

Republican strategist Karl Rove. Photo credit: (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Republican strategist Karl Rove, who is considered the architect of George W. Bush's two successful campaigns for the White House, is predicting that Mitt Romney will have a difficult time beating Barack Obama in the general election in November.

According to Rove, the situation is so dire that if the election were held today, Obama would win handily.

Romney is the presumptive Republican nominee, although he does not yet have enough delegates to win.

Rove is known for his pinpoint accuracy in predicting how the states will vote in general elections. In 2008 he correctly predicted the election results in 48 out of 50 states.

In an interview with NewsMax yesterday, Rove states that if the election were held today, Obama would win 284 electoral votes compared to Romney's 157. A candidate must win at least 270 electoral votes to gain the presidency.

Although Rove admits that it is still early and the electoral map will change as the campaign progresses, his prediction is odd given his numerous statements on Fox News concerning the electability factor of various potential Republican nominees.

This reporter has personally heard Rove claim that Romney is one of the few in the field who has the ability to beat Barack Obama in November. He has also disparaged potential and former candidates such as Sarah Palin, claiming that they are unelectable.

The fact that Rove is now saying that Romney will have a difficult time coming up with the 270 electoral votes necessary to win is perplexing given his previous statements.

Further, Rove's assessment gives one pause to question the entire premise of the Republican leadership establishment that assumes conservatives are unelectable and liberal or moderate candidates are best equipped to win.

The leadership establishment has incessantly harped on the electability factor, claiming that only candidates such as Romney, Chris Christie, or Jeb Bush can garner enough support to beat Obama. Now that it appears Romney is sailing to the nomination, the public is being told a different story. Romney is in trouble.

This makes one wonder if the Republican leadership also misled voters on the electability of Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, and Herman Cain. The leadership establishment claimed that these candidates are unelectable.

Interestingly, the very same elitist political machine said the same thing about Ronald Reagan throughout the 1970s and even in the 1980 Republican race for the nomination. While the faces were different back then, the mindset of the machine was exactly the same.

Reagan was constantly bashed as being too conservative for the general public to stomach. George H.W. Bush, who was one of the candidates opposing Reagan in 1980, referred to the Reagan economic plan as "voodoo."

Yet it was Reagan who became the only Republican to beat two different Democrats in two of the largest landslides in U.S. history, in 1980 and 1984.

These factors are ample reason to question not only the wisdom but the motives of people like Rove.

This reporter would like to ask Rove the following question: Why are you now saying that Romney will struggle to beat Obama when only a few months ago you were claiming that he was one of the few who are electable?

A second question logically follows the first: Do you also think it's possible you were dead wrong about the electability of Palin, Bachmann, Paul, Gingrich, and Cain?

Notice!

A new entry in my regular series Musings After Midnight is posted at my blog, The Liberty Sphere. Get ready for some plain talk. The title of the post is Musings After Midnight: NOW What Are You Gonna Do--Romney's Apparent Smooth Sail to the Nomination and Other Abominations.

Visit my ministry site at Martin Christian Ministries.

Subscribe by clicking the links at the top of the page, or below, and you will receive free notifications of new articles plus a free newsletter.

Karl Rove predicts Romney loss to Obama - National Conservative | Examiner.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rove: GOP Faces Uphill Battle to Deny Obama Re-election

Thursday, 26 Apr 2012 05:24 PM

Veteran GOP political strategist Karl Rove says Mitt Romney is facing very tough electoral math in his presidential bid -- so dire that President Obama would likely win re-election if voters were going to the polls this week.

The math is simple and indisputable, says Rove, though he warns that the situtation is highly fluid.

The next president needs 270 Electoral College votes to win.

There are currently 18 states (220 electoral votes) where Obama has a solid lead and 15 states (93 votes) that are solidly in Romney's column.

There are six states -- crucial battleground states -- with a combined 82 electoral vtes that are “toss-­-ups” (IA, FL, MO, NC, SC, VA).

Five more states -- MI, NH, NV, OH, PA -- with a combined 64 EC votes are "leaning" toward Obama.

Six other states -- AZ, GA, KY, SD, TN, TX -- with a combined 79 EC votes “lean” Romney.

Simply put, that means there are 17 states for a total of 225 Electoral College votes up for grabs.

So if the election were held today, 284 electoral votes are safely Obama's, according to Rove. Romney has 157 safe or leaning votes.

"These projections will change as more polls are conducted in the coming weeks," Rove warns. The situation is extremely fluid.

Rove was considered one of the best prognosticators during the 2008 election when he called 48 states correctly, only getting Indiana and North Carolina wrong.

Rove: GOP Faces Uphill Battle to Deny Obama Re-election
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the GOP SCREWED the Republican Party from the Get Go. They Knew he was unelectable; we knew he was unelectable

Get Ready for 4 More Years of Cracky the Crack Head

Doug Wead: Ron Paul’s delegate math, an accurate update

Has Ron Paul won the majority of delegates from Washington State to the Republican National Convention? That is the claim in a report that filed by the International Business Times last night. Has Ron Paul won the majority of delegates from Iowa?

That was a recent report from Rachel Maddow on MSNBC the day before.

Now, here are the facts. No delegates to the Republican National Convention have been chosen from either state. The selection of the official delegation from Washington State will take place May 30, 2012. And the official delegation from Iowa will take place June 16, 2012.

Last Sunday night I reported on wins for Ron Paul in Minnesota and Iowa at the state’s respective district conventions. Delegates were indeed chosen in Minnesota, at the district level, to be part of the official state delegation to the RNC in Tampa. But not in Iowa. The rules are different there.

The wins that I referred to in Iowa had to do with committee selection and the elections of district delegates to the state convention that could lead to a Ron Paul heavy delegation to the RNC. The point to keep in mind is this. It hasn’t happened yet.

In the end, Rachel Maddow will likely be right. In fact, it will likely be better than what she is saying. She either got inside information from our campaign on the makeup of those delegates to state or she had her staff at MSNBC make phone calls to the delegates themselves to determine their favorite candidates.

By the way. I misspoke on her show when I incorrectly claimed that Ron Paul had carried a county in 2008 that he had not actually won. My point was right, that a Romney county chairman had postponed a county caucus that Ron Paul was expected to win, and one that he did eventually carry, but he had not won that county in the last cycle. So mistakes are easy to make.

Which brings me to one more correction. The International Business Times claims that Ron Paul will win a majority of the delegates from North Dakota. Nada. That will not happen. In fact, that process is done and it is one of the states where the Ron Paul people were ambushed by Romney’s Goldman Sachs brigade. While Ron Paul beat Mitt Romney, who came in third place in the North Dakota state vote, Romney still won 60% of the delegation at the state convention by a combination of lawyers, parliamentarians, the elimination of paper ballots and controlling the audio visuals. As the former state chairman said, “What could the Ron Paul people do? Go up and write a delegates name on the screen?”

The point here is to be accurate. And when a mistake is made to correct it. Which is a lot better than the New York Times or the Associated Press seem willing to do. They have still refused to correct their lists of delegates that are now wholesale fiction.

So what does it all mean?

It means that journalists are beginning to catch on to the truth of the Ron Paul delegate strategy which is very different from what has been reported. It means that we are on schedule to win many of those delegations from a number of states. It means that a brokered convention probably would have happened if the Santorum and Gingrich campaigns had not collapsed. And there are a number of options possible even now.

But it also means that things can go wrong. It isn’t done yet.

Journalism is dead in America. This is the age of entertainment. Keep that in mind. And double check your sources.

My earlier miscue:

Ron Paul’s delegate math, an accurate update « Doug Wead The Blog

Romney Snubs Texas GOP – Gets Stern Warning From State Chairman

Submitted by cherterr on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 18:47
    Current Events

Texas

In an important member email dated March 3oth, Texas State Republican Party Chairman, Steve Munisteri not only doubts the delegate count we’re being fed by main stream media, but seemingly warned Presidential Candidate, Mitt Romney, to be wary of snubbing the voters of Texas.

Announcing a proposed Presidential Debate tentatively set for Texas prior to the May 29th Primary Election, Munisteri stated: “Today, I am happy to report that I have a commitment of a major television outlet to televise such a debate, if all the candidates show up. There is a significant chance that they will televise the debate even if we are lacking only one candidate. We already have commitments from former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Texas Congressman Ron Paul and Senator Rick Santorum to participate in such a debate. Both my staff and myself have reached out to the campaign of Governor Mitt Romney and have been told that they are considering attending the debate."

By way of further explanation, Munisteri said: “"I am disappointed that Governor Romney has not yet committed to attending an official Republican Party of Texas event. I believe it is important that whoever heads our national ticket pay attention to our state. We are the largest Republican state in the nation. I believe that failure to show up at this debate will be viewed by many Texas Republicans as a lack of interest in our state and our State Party. I am hopeful that Governor Romney will show that Texas is important to him by accepting our invitation, and this weekend, I am asking the State Republican Executive Committee to pass a resolution during the Spring Quarterly SREC meeting which requests Governor Romney to accept our debate invitation. I would urge all Texas Republicans to let Governor Romney know how important it is that he accept our invitation by using social media, emailing or calling his campaign."

So who would come out on top of a live, nationally televised debate in May with only Mitt Romney and Ron Paul? Based on attendance at speaking engagements by supporters of both candidates, Ron Paul would surely become the GOPs darling after full blown exposure in a one-on-one debate, as well as making Romney’s lack of substance regarding the liberty movement, clearly evident. Perhaps that is why the Texas GOP still has no answer from Mr. Romney.

“Tentative dates and locations have been discussed with the three candidates who have already accepted” said Munisteri. Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum have already suspended their campaigns since the debate invitation was issued, only a show down between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney remains.

Sadly, the Texas GOP Chairman seemed in his letter, to still let Mr. Romney be his guide by stating: “ The Republican Party of Texas has suggested a date and location to the three candidates, but will hold off on naming a final date and location until we hear from Governor Romney and get feedback from all the candidates.”

Regarding Delegate Counts

Regarding the delegate counts we’re all hearing in the mainstream media, Muisteri states "In looking at the delegate math - this race is far from over. There is a wide discrepancy between what the Republican National Committee reports as the count of bound, committed delegates, and the count reported by the national press. I view it as next to impossible for any candidate to wrap up 50% of the committed delegates necessary for a first-ballot nomination before the May 29th Texas Primary."

Amazing! But then readers of this article probably already knew that. Isn’t it nice to get official confirmation for once?

Hold on, though – it gets better:

"I believe the media's delegate counts are inaccurate for multiple reasons," Munisteri continued. "First, they assign delegates from caucus states to candidates despite the fact that those caucus processes are not complete. Many of the early states such as Iowa, Minnesota and Missouri did not pick delegates during the first round of their process, yet the media counts have assigned delegates to candidates in such states despite the fact that the ultimate delegate selection may not correlate with the first round of voting.

The media counts also include delegates which are not bound under law or party rules, who may change their mind before the convention. I might point out that before the 1976 convention, a significant number of unbound delegates switched sides before the final convention floor vote. The second point I would make is that the media outlets are fond of coming up with percentages of remaining delegates that various candidates need to obtain a first-ballot nomination, so as to make it appear the race is all but over. This is done without noting the fact that if no candidate receives 50% of the first ballot - then all bets are off. In many states, any delegate can vote for whomever they wish on the second ballot."

As we’ve seen in recent days, Munisteri seems to be completely correct, because once the final actual count came in, Iowa, Minnesota, and Colorado have all gone to Ron Paul

And now for my favorite part of Mr. Munisteri’s quote:

“Make no mistake - this race is far from over. Candidates who ignore Texas, and specifically insult our state by not accepting the invitation to our nationally-televised debate, do so at their peril."

Why?

Munisteri added: "Finally, I would point out that Texas and California account together for 327 delegates - a number which represents approximately 28% of the delegates a candidate needs to secure the nomination. ”

Romney Snubs Texas GOP

Paul/Napolitano 2012 - Freedom Is Our Only Hope for Change!

Submitted by weebles on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 18:27
    Ron Paul 2012

just wanted to see what the slogan I made up would look like in a forum topic headline. My apologies if you were expecting something more exciting. :P

Paul/Napolitano 2012 - Freedom Is Our Only Hope for Change! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

We Can Win: Great Success In Louisiana With Just A Few Calls

Submitted by Dr.K.Research on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 18:35
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Just got off the phone with a sweet lady in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Told her that a historic event was happening in her state, and she could help us make history: the presidential caucus. A fan of natural herbs and medicines, I told her that we have a big supporter in Dr. Ron Paul and that it would be great if she went out and caucused for him. She said, “I like Ron Paul” and “I’m against all these wars, so tired of it.”

Told her about the caucus, and she said, “I would like to go. Can you tell me where it is?” Now, I’m new at this, you pros, so was just excited at her excitement. Found out where is her caucus/parish and informed her.” She wanted to know the time, so I called the local RP Campaign office. Oops: they couldn’t find her on the roll; she isn’t a registered Republican.

So, I called her back.

Disappointed but not discouraged, she said, “I love Ron Paul. I just told my husband we’re going to caucus for Dr. Paul tomorrow—and I’m going to go to my church early in the morning and fire-up all my friends.”
    “I’m so against these wars, and I love everything about Ron Paul.”

Told her not to despair, there is still something she could do. She can go there and bring friends; she could replace her and her husband's desired positions with two or more registered Republicans.

Gave her number to the campaign guys, who called her and encouraged her; she said she bunch of people at her church and she will try to organize them to caucus in the morning.

Called a health food store owner. He said he caucused last time; many of his customers are huge fans. Has RP literature at the front, but, apparently, wasn’t planning on going. Now, duly informed, he said he will go ahead and go. A registered Rebublican, the RP campaign office followed up and called him, and he confirmed his plan to go.

A few calls: postive results.

Moral of the story: NEVER take anything for granted. It won't just happen. We have to make it happen. Call, and call some more—all night long. Support the LA Campaign Team, and make those calls:
    Phone from Home!

We are inches from victory. Just a few more successes and we win. Let the hundreds of DP'ers each make those calls, now. The rewards will be phenomenal.

What an inspiration. I will always remember that lady’s words, and her thirst for a better, more peaceful—kinder and more gentile—world. Keep talking to everyone you can. Never, never, never take anything for granted. Convert the whole world to Ron Paul. The results will be stupendous, beyond imagination.

See also (on DP front page): http://www.dailypaul.com/229174/breaking-ron-paul-about-to-w...

Note: for support, Anyone with any questions can call the Ron Paul headquarters in Baton Rouge at(225) 532-3063.

We Can Win: Great Success In Louisiana With Just A Few Calls | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Winning California and Texas. What are you doing?

Submitted by jurgs01 on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 19:51
    California

One of my meetup group members in Central California paid to get a list of all voters in our county.
    I am spending my weekend getting 1000 envelopes each with a personal letter letting them know this is paid for by locals Republicans and why we support Dr. Paul, a Superbrochure, and a comparison sheet provided by a member of Daily Paul.

Is this going to have an impact? I don't know. The only thing I know is that I am exposing 1000 households that are registered republican to the opportunity and information to look into Dr. Paul.
    I am one person.

What are you doing in Texas and California? Please do everything you can and leave it all on the table in these two states. If people decide to vote Romney, at least we will have given them another option the MSM isn't going to provide.

Winning California and Texas. What are you doing? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

NORAD and US Northern Command to conduct simulated nuclear attack

Submitted by Bob-45 on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 01:28

NORAD and USNORTHCOM Conduct ARDENT SENTRY 2012

April 24, 2012

PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. - The North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command will conduct a major exercise, ARDENT SENTRY 2012, focused on Defense Support of Civil Authorities, May 2 – 9, 2012.

The exercise will be primarily a Command Post Exercise, but there will be field training events within the exercise. Those events will take place in North Dakota, Oregon, Texas, Alaska, Connecticut and Nova Scotia and involve United States and Canadian military units.

- North Dakota, the Air Force Global Strike Command will respond to a simulated Nuclear Weapons Incident (NUWAIX) on Minot Air Force Base.

read more NORAD and USNORTHCOM Conduct ARDENT SENTRY 2012

NORAD and US Northern Command to conduct simulated nuclear attack | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Louisiana Caucus this Saturday – April 28th. The most important action a Ron Paul supporter can do – is to come out and vote!

Submitted by kcop on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 08:48
    Ron Paul 2012

If you are a registered republican in Louisiana State please visit the GOP website (LAGOP) and find out where your caucus is and go vote for Ron Paul delegates this Saturday. There are 30 locations and voting will be conducted between 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 noon. Each location will have a Ron Paul group who will inform you which delegates to vote for. Please note all you have to do is show up, find out who are the Ron Paul delegates, vote, and then you can leave. It is not a four-hour event.

Please, please make the effort and come out and vote. We can talk about Ron Paul, we can donate to Ron Paul, but the most important thing we can do is go vote for Ron Paul. This is how we win – it is about getting delegates to the national convention. We have a tough battle in this State as there is a coalition formed to stop Ron Paul delegates from being elected – so it is about numbers and who can bring out people to go vote. Please get the word out and bring friends. If this thread could be posted up until Saturday that would be great. Anyone with any questions can call the Ron Paul headquarters in Baton Rouge at (225) 532-3063.

Louisiana Caucus this Saturday