Page 334 of 740 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Voters in Louisiana-vote slate 7

Submitted by ralph hornsby on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 11:00
    Delegates

Louisiana

From a facebook post:

Ken LaRive is a devout Ron Paul supporter. Vote for Slate 7 in Saturday's caucus.

Dear Family and friends,

Presidents are created at the caucus where delegates are selected, not at manipulated straw polls. Please vote for Slate #7 in Louisiana's Republican Caucus this Saturday, April 28, 2012. Help me to take back our Republican form of government from the Obama Progressives and Neocons who now control our White House.

Voting will be held at 30 locations across the state, and slate #7 will be on every one. If you are a registered Republican before 12/15/2011 you are qualified to vote. Vote for me on slate #7, and not by name, as the other 24 people on slate #7 are of like mind. Any questions or suggestions please call me at 337-581-8176.

Please forward this to all of your friends and family, and have them do the same, as I can think of no election in my lifetime more important. Please take the time to vote between 08:30 and noon. If you are in line by that time your vote will be counted.

The location to vote in Lafayette is The Family Church at 223 Stone Ave. I will be there all day and hope to meet you. Thank you.

In Liberty under God,
    Kenneth Michael LaRive

Voters in Louisiana-vote slate 7 | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Paul soldiers on as race comes to Texas - KXAN.com

Submitted by newsbuster on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 02:06
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Paul soldiers on as race comes to Texas - KXAN.com

Paul soldiers on as race comes to Texas - KXAN.com | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul Announces Visits To UC Davis and UC San Diego

Submitted by emalvini on Thu, 04/26/2012 - 16:03
    Ron Paul 2012
    Texas

Ron Paul Announces Visits To UC Davis and UC San Diego

RON PAUL U.S.A. | April 26, 2012

Ron Paul is going back to Cali! The campaign announced today that Dr. Paul will hold rallies next week at two large California universities and continue to spread his message of freedom and liberty!

The first stop is at The University of California, Davis, and is scheduled for Thursday, May 3rd, at 7:00 PM. The event will be held in the West Memorial Union Quad. U.C. Davis is well known for academic excellence, and is currently ranked as one of the top 10 public universities in the country. The school currently enrolls over 25,000 undergrads and 7,000 graduate students.

Dr. Paul will then go south to vitist The University of California, San Diego. He will speak at the Warren Mall on Friday, May 4th, at 7:00 PM. The reception in San Diego should be outstanding, as the city is home to a large population of active and retired military personel, you are well known for supporting Ron Paul's foreign policy ideas.

Early seating vouchers for both the UC Davis and UC San Diego events can be found here.

More: Ron Paul U.S.A.: Ron Paul Announces Visits to U.C. Davis & U.C. San Diego

Ron Paul Announces Visits To UC Davis and UC San Diego | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul 2012 Wins Majority Of Washington Delegates To Convention, Other States Expected To Follow

By IBTimes Staff Reporter
    April 26, 2012 5:48 PM EDT

Ron Paul's 2012 campaign has won the majority of Washington's delegates to the Republican National Convention, and a number of other states are expected to follow suit, pointing to a hectic convention in which Mitt Romney's path to the nomination may face a major insurgent opponent.
    Washington is now the third state, after Iowa and Minnesota, in which Ron Paul has locked up at least half of the state's nominating delegates. In order to be officially entered in nomination at the Tampa, Fla., convention, he needs to secure half or more of the delegates in five states, and as of Thursday, he looks poised to grab a majority of delegates in other states like North Dakota and Maine in coming weeks.

Ron Paul's 2012 campaign has taken an unorthodox tack, hoping to draw state delegates to his camp rather than simply winning the popular vote. As such, he is stacking up delegates who once backed Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum and other fallen candidates.

And the strategy is not unprecedented. Warren G. Harding pulled off a surprise win at the 1920 Republican convention, where he eventually won the nomination despite heading in with the fewest delegates of any remaining candidate. And Harding went on to sweep into the White House.

Even Fox News said this week that Paul's presence on the ballot at the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa "looks inevitable at this point."

And if he makes it onto the ballot, Ron Paul's 2012 campaign has the chance to throw a wrench in the nominating process, proving all the critics wrong by having a huge impact on the Republican race instead of just fizzling out as has long been predicted.

Even if he doesn't end up with the GOP nod, Paul may be able to influence the proceedings in Tampa by changing the conversation and revamping the strategy in order to target Paulites and others who don't agree with Romney's policies.

The libertarian Texas congressman could also continue to remain relevant by running on a third-party ticket, an option he has not ruled out.

Ron Paul 2012 Wins Majority Of Washington Delegates To Convention, Other States Expected To Follow - International Business Times

Ron Paul Statement on Labor Department Regulations Affecting Family Farms

“I wonder when the Department of Labor will forbid parents from requiring children to make their beds, clean their rooms, or set the table for dinner.”
    – Ron Paul

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Congressman and 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul issued the following statement regarding the Department of Labor’s new regulations applying child labor laws to family farms.

Below find comments from Congressman Paul:

“The Department of Labor’s plan to issue new regulations applying child labor laws to family farms is an outrageous assault on America’s farmers. My parents were dairy farmers who required me and my brothers to help out on the farm. I certainly benefited from this experience, and, as a Representative of a congressional district containing a large number of farmers, I have had the opportunity to meet many farmers who learned about their profession by doing chores on their parents’ farms. Working on a family farm also provides a tremendous opportunity to form a strong work ethic that these children will carry through the rest of their lives.

“Thanks to the Obama Administration, future generations of children will be deprived of these experiences.

“Now that the federal government is planning to, for all intents and purposes, outlaw chores on the farm, I wonder when the Department of Labor will forbid parents from requiring children to make their beds, clean their rooms, or set the table for dinner. The founding fathers would be outraged to see the federal government attempting to prevent children from helping their parents on their farms. If the American people select me as their next President, I will put an end to these regulations on my first day in office.

“Under my ‘Plan to Restore America,’ I will use my constitutional authority as President to impose a moratorium on any new federal regulations. My Plan also reduces spending by $1 trillion in the first year of my presidency and balances the budget by my third year, while providing much-needed tax relief to the American people. This will put more money back in the pockets of hard-working Americans, like those who provide vital goods by running family farms.

“Out of all the candidates seeking the presidential nomination of a major party, I am the only one with a record of consistently opposing all unconstitutional, job-destroying regulations. I urge all Americans who wish to free their businesses and their families from the grip of the regulatory state to join my campaign to Restore America Now.”

Ron Paul Statement on Labor Department Regulations Affecting Family Farms*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Our Movement in Austin

Over 6,000 for Ron Paul at his town hall meeting in Austin, Texas yesterday. As Dr. Paul says “An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government.”

Our Movement in Austin*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-27-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Ron Paul Attracts More Than 6,000 Voters to Austin Town Hall Meeting

UTA and broader community welcome sole Texan, veteran and conservative seeking Republican nomination for the presidency

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul attracted an impressive 6,000-plus supporters and undecided voters tonight at his University of Texas at Austin town hall meeting.

Ron Paul’s UTA town hall meeting was held at 7:00 p.m. CT at the university’s LBJ Library Lawn, located at 2313 Red River Street in Austin, TX 78705. At the event, Dr. Paul discussed his platform of constitutionally-limited government, the restoration of economic and civil liberties, and provisions of his path-breaking ‘Plan to Restore America.’

Tomorrow Ron Paul will hold another large on-campus town hall meeting at the University of Houston. Details of Dr. Paul’s ongoing campaign swing in the Lone Star State, including information on how to RSVP, can be found here.

Photographs of Ron Paul’s Austin town hall meeting with 6,000-plus people follow.

The Delegate Strategy

Reports International Business Times:

Ron Paul’s 2012 campaign has won the majority of Washington’s delegates to the Republican National Convention, and a number of other states are expected to follow suit, pointing to a hectic convention in which Mitt Romney’s path to the nomination may face a major insurgent opponent.

Washington is now the third state, after Iowa and Minnesota, in which Ron Paul has locked up at least half of the state’s nominating delegates. In order to be officially entered in nomination at the Tampa, Fla., convention, he needs to secure half or more of the delegates in five states, and as of Thursday, he looks poised to grab a majority of delegates in other states like North Dakota and Maine in coming weeks.

Ron Paul’s 2012 campaign has taken an unorthodox tack, hoping to draw state delegates to his camp rather than simply winning the popular vote. As such, he is stacking up delegates who once backed Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum and other fallen candidates.

And the strategy is not unprecedented. Warren G. Harding pulled off a surprise win at the 1920 Republican convention, where he eventually won the nomination despite heading in with the fewest delegates of any remaining candidate. And Harding went on to sweep into the White House.

Even Fox News said this week that Paul’s presence on the ballot at the 2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa ”looks inevitable at this point.”

The Delegate Strategy*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Karl Rove Now Says Mitty Will Lose To Obama!

Submitted by yrad on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 16:47
    Ron Paul 2012

Republican strategist Karl Rove, who is considered the architect of George W. Bush's two successful campaigns for the White House, is predicting that Mitt Romney will have a difficult time beating Barack Obama in the general election in November.

According to Rove, the situation is so dire that if the election were held today, Obama would win handily.

Romney is the presumptive Republican nominee, although he does not yet have enough delegates to win.

Rove is known for his pinpoint accuracy in predicting how the states will vote in general elections. In 2008 he correctly predicted the election results in 48 out of 50 states.

http://www.examiner.com/article/karl...-loss-to-obama

Karl Rove Now Says Mitty Will Lose To Obama! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012