Page 285 of 740 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

A Former Santorum Supporter Explains His Switch to Paul

Adrian Murray of Fort Worth Texas, a former Rick Santorum supporter, shares his conversion to Ron Paul. This blog post has gone viral and for good reason–Mr. Murray’s sober insight should be read by anyone concerned about protecting liberty and saving this country. Thanks you Mr. Murray for your intelligent observations and everyone, please share.

Having lost my preferred choice for a presidential candidate on Tuesday, I determined that after a suitable period of mourning and reflection the only viable option was to shake it off and begin the search anew, the presumptive, media-anointed frontrunner not being desirable or acceptable.

Last night, as part of this Quixote-like quest, I ventured into the heretofore unexplored dimension of a Ron Paul rally and was witness to something that can only be described as all parts exhilarating, befuddling, encouraging, depressing, moving, maddening and, ultimately, inspiring. More on all that later.

Over the years I have been to more political rallies, events, forums, roundtables, discussion groups, debates and whatever than I care to remember… Attending a Ron Paul campaign rally is a singularly unique experience. I have never seen anything like it before. Perhaps phenomenal is the word that comes closest in accuracy, not in the ordinary “awesome” sense, but in the other-worldly, spatiotemporal sense…

The purpose of this piece is not to analyze Mr. Paul’s specific policies, although my worldview does not coalesce with his on many fronts…

I have spoken before a lot of groups in the last several years as we have all grappled with the seeming dissolution of our country… My point has been that the greatest issue facing the conservative cause is a demographical one, a lack of diversity that will shortly render the conservative message irrelevant. Where are the youth? I and others have asked. Where are the people of color? Why doesn’t the conservative message resonate?

The answer to where they are could be found last night at the Will Rogers Auditorium. Often at political events there is a sense of excitement, anticipation, a certain buzz in the audience while waiting for the main event. Excitement, anticipation and buzz are weak and inadequate words to describe the pre-rally crowd last night. Energy is even inadequate. What undulated through the thousands who thronged outside before the doors opened last night was a kinetic power, the power of hope, the power of liberation, the power of anger at a system turned upside down, the power of liberation and, yes, the ultimate and emancipating power of freedom. You had to be there to understand it.

Once inside, for the only time in my politically active life, I was transported to a world I had not seen before. There was enough energy in that room to power a skyscraper. Teenagers, college students, whites, Hispanics, African Americans, Asians, middle-aged, elderly, every racial, ethnic, socio-economic, cross cultural ingredient of the American melting pot was there. The auditorium was a cauldron of American citizens who understand and have grasped the true nature of the tyranny which has befallen this nation, a conflagration, if you will, of passion and anger and joy and determination. This is where the fire starts this time. The eruption when Mr. Paul took the stage was deafening…

Foreign policy, while a crucial element of any president’s agenda, has slowly shifted from my center of attention to domestic policy, I having long come to the conclusion that the greatest threat to American freedom comes not from foreign governments, but from our own. Sadly, America has become one of the least free nations on earth. Increasingly, everything in our lives is being regulated by a faceless bureaucracy, to a degree that neither Orwell nor Huxley could have imagined…

What exactly is our national security securing? Certainly not our liberty. We have been sacrificing ever larger chucks of our liberty to the gods of security for decades now and in the interests of securing our liberty have given it all away. Go to an airport if you want to witness the loss of liberty in all its glorious humiliation…

This part of Mr. Paul’s message, if I have interpreted it correctly, is what resonates with me. All the other things pale in contrast to our becoming a nation of slaves.

So what did I come away with last night? It can be captured in one picture. Before Mr. Paul was introduced, part of his family took the stage: his wife, one of his sons, a smattering of cousins, nieces and nephews. That picture tells us all we need to know. They are us. They weren’t pulled from central casting, exquisitely coifed and finely tailored, prepped and ready for the cameras. No. They are a family. They are us.

Where personally do I go now? As I said, I have more internal debates than an outwardly sane person should admit. For over three years now I have been looking for an army – an army to take on the anti-Americans, the Communists, the statists, the outright criminals running our government. An army of citizens fiercely devoted to liberty and the founding principles of America…

The flame of liberty’s torch is no longer just slowly being extinguished. Each day brings new Executive Orders, new laws, new regulations, each more ominous than the last. Corruption in our government and our financial markets is rampant. The disease of dependency is infecting every layer of society. America is dying. We need an army of citizens, motivated and committed, to restore liberty in America, to breathe new life, new vibrancy into a nation on life support…

Which logically only leads to one question:
    Is there a doctor in the house?

Which logically only leads to one answer:
    Ron Paul 2012

Read Adrian Murray’s entire blog post unedited

A Former Santorum Supporter Explains His Switch to Paul*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's Working! Ron Paul Wins Minnesota, Colorado Delegates to Republican National Convention

Submitted by Angel C on Mon, 04/16/2012 - 15:34
    Ron Paul 2012

2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul achieved consequential delegate wins in Colorado and Minnesota today, affirming his delegate-attainment strategy and auguring a prominent role for Paul at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.

In Minnesota, Ron Paul supporters swept the three district conventions that occurred today, winning nine of nine delegates to the national convention. Minnesota is set to hold more such conventions next week.

In Colorado, supporters of the 12-term Congressman from Texas won 12 delegates and 13 alternate delegates. Paul’s state operation is confident that it can win over more of the Rick Santorum delegates to its side who were elected on a combined Paul-Santorum slate. The Paul-Santorum coalition’s combined delegate total is 20—more than establishment candidate Mitt Romney's estimated 16. In addition, the Paul-Santorum coalition denied Romney delegates all the committee spots within the Colorado National Delegation. Two Ron Paul supporters will serve on the Rules Committee and the Paul coalition dethroned known Romney supporter and Colorado State Party Chairman Ryan Call from his position as Delegation Chairman.

Ron Paul wins Minnesota, Colorado delegates to Republican National Convention - Wilmington Elections 2012 | Examiner.com

It's Working! Ron Paul Wins Minnesota, Colorado Delegates to Republican National Convention | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 04-16-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Will Europe Finally Collapse in May-June? It Looks Very Likely. Watch Out

Submitted by David Robertson on Mon, 04/16/2012 - 16:32
    Economy

There is a very interesting article (link below) from Graham Summers at Goldseek discussing the perilous situation in Europe and how it will impact the US.

Why I find this particularly timely is that I read another article by Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, the International Business Editor at the London Telegraph on March 11, 2012. Here is a snippet from that article:

"Data collected by Simon Ward at Henderson Global Investors shows that M1 money supply growth in the big G7 economies and leading E7 emerging powers buckled over the winter. The gauge - known as six-month real narrow money - peaked at 5.1pc in November. It dropped to 3.6pc in January, and to 2.1pc in February. This is comparable to falls seen in mid-2008 in the months leading up to the Great Recession, and which caught central banks so badly off guard. “The speed of the drop-off is worrying. This acts with a six months lag time so we can expect global growth to peak in May. There may be a sharp slowdown in the second half,” said Mr Ward."

Having read the Telegraph article it caught my eye that Graham Summers is looking for a collapse in Europe in May-June. These things are awfully difficult to predict with any degree of accuracy but I thought that the expected May reaction to the drop-off in narrow money coinciding with all the other indicators that Graham Summers is looking at was worth drawing everyone's attention to. Here is the Goldseek article:

Europe Will Collapse in May-June

Will Europe Finally Collapse in May-June? It Looks Very Likely. Watch Out. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Video for Santorum Supporters-3 Tour Sniper/Paratrooper Disabled Veteran, SSG. Williams Endorses Ron Paul

Mar 8, 2012
    by RWforRP2012

Following a hugely successful Ron Paul is the Choice of the Troops March on the White House, veterans, active duty, and supporters from all over the country will be marching on the Republican National Convention to coincide with the second ballot. I am a three tour disabled combat veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan...my mission now is to serve my country by doing all I can to garner votes for Dr. Paul and spread the message of Liberty. There is no doubt in my mind as to why Dr. Paul receives more campaign donations than all other candidates including Obama COMBINED. Welcome to the Revolution.

Veterans for Ron Paul March on the RNC | Facebook,

ronpaulisthechoiceofthetroops.com

Bikers For Ron Paul ~ Ride To Tampa Video!

Tony Robbins on Out of Control Government Spending