Page 408 of 740 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Washington Times: Romney rejects Ron Paul-style austerity

Romney rejects Ron Paul-style austerity

By Seth McLaughlin
    May 7, 2012, 05:18PM

You can almost hear the collective gasp from Ron Paul's loyal band of supporters.

Speaking Monday at a town hall style-meeting event in Cleveland, presumptive GOP presidential Mitt Romney plunged a fork into the idea that he could come around to embracing Mr. Paul's call for deep cuts in federal spending.

"My job is to get America back on track to have a balanced budget. Now I'm not going to cut $1 trillion in the first year," he said, distancing himself from Mr. Paul's (Paul: Time to cut spending - Washington Times) plan to slice more than a quarter of the estimated $3.8 trillion being spent by the the federal government.

Why not, someone in the crowd apparently asked, sparking a response from the former Massachusetts governor.

"The reason," he explained, "is taking a trillion dollars out of a $15 trillion economy would cause our economy to shrink [and] would put a lot of people out of work."

Mr. Paul proposed deeper cuts in federal spending than any of his rivals in the GOP nomination contest, rolling out a plan in October that called for $1 trillion in spending cuts during his year in office -- in part by closing federal agencies, attrition in the federal work force and ending the wars overseas.

"I think the easiest place to cut spending is overseas," Mr. Paul said at the time, reminding supporters that the nation has spent trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan. "It doesn’t make us safer. It doesn’t make us richer. It makes us poorer."

Mr. Romney has offered a much different fiscal vision, arguing that federal spending should be cut and spending capped at about 20 percent of GDP. It now stands at about 25 percent of GDP. He's also railed against proposed cuts to military spending, which accounts for more than 18 percent of national spending.

Speaking at a campaign stop last week in Portsmouth, Va., Mr. Romney said he will add new ships to the U.S. Navy, add new aircraft to the Air Force and add 100,000 active duty personnel.

Romney rejects Ron Paul-style austerity - Washington Times

The rape of the American Tax Payers Wallet will CONTINUE

The Red Team Theft will begin in the Fall as they kick the Blue Team out of Office
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-07-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bill Phillips-WV Gop Activist Issues Warning/Begging for Romney Supporter Turnout

Submitted by Mrs_GRB on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 16:42
    Delegates

Bill Phillips, a well known West Virginia Neo Con activist has sent an email warning that Ron Paul supporters could take the delegates in tomorrow's election. Bill's email is pasted below...for more information you can see his blog:

WV Republicans « PhillipsBillBoard

We've got these turkeys on the run! Liberty for all!

"ROMNEY PRIMARY ALERT

Ron Paul is making a last minute play for delegates to the Republican National Convention. We cannot let that happen in our primary tomorrow. This weekend his insurgency captured significant number of delegates in Nevada, Maine and Iowa. Paul supporters are working to overturn caucus results in Idaho and claiming a victory infiltrating the Republican Party in Texas. West Virginia is being watched by the national political media.

ROMNEY BACKERS NEED TO TURNOUT TOMORROW. YOU ARE NEEDED TO EXPLAIN IT IS VITIAL THEY VOTE FOR ROMNEY PLEDGED DELEGATES TO THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION.

Your effort is needed until the polls close. There are 19 at-large and 3 in each congressional district to be elected.

Below are headlines from POLITICOS Morning Score.

NEVADA – PAUL WINES 22 OR 25 ELIGIBLE DELEGATES
    MAINE – PAUL WINES 20 OF 25 DELEGATES
    IOWA – 10 OF 13 AT-LARGE DELEGTES BACK PAUL
    IDAHO – PAUL SUPPORTERS WORKING TO OVERTURN CAUCUS RESULTS
    TEXAS – RAUL CLAIMS VICTORY AT RALLY WITH RAND

WATCH PAUL’S NUMBERS TOMORROW NIGHT"

Bill Phillips-WV Gop Activist Issues Warning/Begging for Romney Supporter Turnout | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-07-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maine House Policy Aid David Sorensen possibly behind fake slate shenanigans

Submitted by jeffjeffjeff on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 19:09
    Ron Paul 2012

David Sorensen, Policy Aid for the Maine House of Representatives, has been identified by those attending the Main GOP convention last weekend as the individual who was nominating delegates that were on the fake delegate slate. At least one other separate individual was responsible for passing out the fake delegate slates however except for an unconfirmed first named of Charlie this individual has otherwise not yet been identified but is being tracked on Twitter using the hash tag #CharlieCheater.

Contact information for David Sorensen:
    Linked-n: David Sorensen
    Twitter: @DSorensenME
    Facebook: Sorensen Literary Services

Unconfirmed email and phone number available upon reasonable request

Maine House Policy Aid David Sorensen possibly behind fake slate shenanigans | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-07-2012 at 09:06 PM.

UnCertainty has RINOs on Edge! Yale PoliSci. John Stoehr: We know HOW Ron Paul is winning Delegates, but don't know WHY!

Submitted by AnCapMercenary on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 18:05

Ron Paul 2012

A very interesting read, aside from the usual 'presumptive,' 'has it all but locked up' RINO wishful meme.

"This is politics, after all -- the art of the possible."

Now, how about that? ANYTHING is possible.)

"Last week, news reports came out slowly and then more frequently on what Paul was doing and why he might be doing it. Bottom line: We know how, but not why. We also know that the Republican establishment isn't taking this well."

Why Ron Paul could still rain on Romney's parade

The libertarian candidate who won't go quietly.

By John Stoehr Published 07 May 2012 8:59

Rick Santorum is gone. So is Newt Gingrich. Everything looked ready for a general election match-up between Republican Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama. Just one thing, though. Ron Paul. Most of us forgot he was still running, few of us realized he was pulling off a kind of quite coup, and no one seems to know what it means.

Paul is the libertarian candidate whose Old Right platforms were all the rage in 1939. Romney, Santorum or Gingrich have beaten him in all the primaries and caucuses. Even so, he and his small army of supporters, which by some estimates has doubled since his 2008 run for the White House, is slowly staking up delegates against frontrunner Romney in states that held nonbinding caucuses. Over the weekend, he took Nevada and Maine. The weekend prior, he dominated delegates in Louisiana's state convention. Others include Iowa, Minnesota, Colorado and Alaska.

Last week, news reports came out slowly and then more frequently on what Paul was doing and why he might be doing it. Bottom line: We know how, but not why.

We also know that the Republican establishment isn't taking this well.

An attorney for the Republican National Committee warned Nevada that it could forfeit its spot at the national convention if Paul walks away a winner. Fox News, when it covered the RNC's threat, summed up the establishment view: Paul's "renegade campaign" hopes to "tinker with the Nevada delegate count" in order to "hijack the GOP convention."

UnCertainty has RINOs on Edge! Yale PoliSci.John Stoehr: We know HOW Ron Paul is winning Delegates, but don't know WHY! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-07-2012 at 09:05 PM.

My Physical Therapist told me that Ron Paul would not win

Submitted by LynnDear on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 18:31
    Ron Paul 2012

After injuring my back I am going to PT 3 times a week. Today I wore my Ron Paul teeshirt, which always strikes up conversations and opportunities to education and wake people up.

My Physical Therapist said, you know that he isn't going to win don't you? I said,Do you really think he won't win? He won the Louisiana delegates. He said,Yes, but he doesn't have the support to win.

Maybe you are right. If you support Romney I know that you approve of making bets because he bet $10000 without blinking an eye.

I told him, if Ron Paul wins I want one free month of PT. Well, he thought about it and backed down. I said if you were 100% sure that he couldn't win, you would take that bet. In reality, you aren't sure are you? I think that most of the GOP are scared also. Well, he wasn't sure if he liked Ron Pauls ideals.

I said I understood. I liked 50% of Romney's ideals. Some of the ones he had in 2008 and 2012. He is for and against most important issues, but I don't know what he is going to do.

I said, I personally love Obama's ideals. You know, the ones that he talked about in 2008. Get us out of war, lower the National debt. He had great ideals, but he didn't deliver.

SO that is just one reason that I am supporting Ron Paul. He is a man of his word. He doesn't say things just to get elected.

I am going to wear my tee shirt again to the next workout.

My Physical Therapist told me that Ron Paul would not win | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Why Tomorrow will be HUGE!

Submitted by 2012R3V0LUT10N on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 19:41

Its time to take this to the next level! We have a great opportunity ahead of us here. Most of you are aware that tomorrow is a big day.

5-8 Primary in Indiana Open
    5-8 Primary in North Carolina Semi-open
    5-8 Primary in West Virginia Semi-open ***Direct elect delegates***

Please note that West Virginia is direct election for delegates whomever wins on this vote will go to Tampa. We can WIN this Tomorrow!!!

WE can have ANOTHER great day lets do this!!!!!! Local ground forces need to know the ballot and be ready to work hard all day.

Be friendly and do not be specific. Get the vote out for our delegates! Most Romney supporters do not know the delegate process and will vote for our delegates if asked nicely.

Do not mention Ron Paul just stick to the

"small government delegates"

"christian conservative delegates"

ect.

Please Note this approach can also be used tomorrow in Indiana!

KEEP FIGHTING LIBERTY LOVERS WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS

much love

Why Tomorrow will be HUGE! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-07-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Oklahoma State Convention Friday 11 May - Saturday 12 May 2012

Submitted by bucko158 on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 09:56
    Delegates

Oklahoma

Santorum won Oklahoma with 14 delegates Newt and Romney each got 13.

According to the rules:

Delegates are bound until released. "Each delegate ... to the national convention ... shall cast their vote on all ballots for the candidate ... If that candidate is ... no longer a candidate, the votes ... shall be cast for any candidate of their choice." [codified at 26 O.S. § 20-104 G.]

Oklahoma Republican Delegation 2012

So if Santy and Newt release these delegates they are free to vote for whoever they want.

Now from what I understand the delegates were already selected in March. But they are only the delegate if approved by the vote at the convention.

"A vote will be conducted by ballot for the slate of candidates recommended by the State Executive Committee. Each delegate shall vote yes or no to recommend the slate. If the slate is elected, no further votes will be conducted and those named will serve as delegates and alternates to the National Convention.

2. In the event the slate is not approved, nominations shall be received from the floor and are not limited to one person at a time but may be nominated as a group. Any such group or groups consisting of 25 persons shall be treated as a single nominee and voted on as a whole so long as all nominees have met all other requirements set forth by these rules. No one shall be elected without a majority of the vote."

http://www.okgop.com/wp-content/uplo...ntionRules.pdf

I'm not entirely sure of the process but does this mean if the majority of supporters who show up are Ron Paul supporters they could vote against the current slate and nominate a Ron Paul supporting slate of delegates?

Oklahoma State Convention Friday 11 May - Saturday 12 May 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-07-2012 at 09:04 PM.

We the RP People vs. The GOP elites. In 3 short video summaries.

Submitted by Nonna on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 16:24

Okay, they are really ads to take a bus but, once you see these very brief videos and I know you will agree with me. It is Us vs Them.

http://www.youtube.com/v/gBnvGS4u3F0...s=1&autoplay=1

http://www.youtube.com/v/mgCIKGIYJ1A...s=1&autoplay=1

http://www.youtube.com/v/LuVPnW0s3Vo...s=1&autoplay=1

Enjoy a good laugh!

We the RP People vs. The GOP elites. In 3 short video summaries. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

For all you pro-abort Romney fans - Ground up dead Chinese babies put in pill form and sold as medicine - IT'S TRUE

Submitted by joeinmo on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 20:39

You read the headline correctly. Forced abortion in China has lead to dead babies and placenta being ground up, cooked and put into pill form and sold overseas.

Nice - when you have a society that honors the murder of human life, nothing else matters, like war, they don't care.

Horrifyingly, Ground Baby Pills Are a Real Thing - Global - The Atlantic Wire

For all you pro-abort Romney fans - Ground up dead Chinese babies put in pill form and sold as medicine - IT'S TRUE | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-07-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Idaho Delegates back up for grabs: Los Angeles Times

Submitted by optimystic on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 20:59
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Idaho

May 15 is the Big Day:

"In Idaho, one Paul supporter has promised a “scorched earth” approach to win delegates for his candidate, according to the Idaho Statesman. Paul tied with Rick Santorum for second place in the state’s March 6 caucus. Romney, who won 62% of the vote, would be awarded all of the state’s 32 delegates, but Paul backers are hoping to use state convention rules to award those delegates to Paul.

"The strategy would hinge on winning at least two-thirds of precinct level races in the state’s May 15 primary, which would give them the majority necessary to suspend the rules at the state party convention and overturn Romney’s caucus victories."
    Full article:

Ron Paul continues delegate offensive, wins big in Nevada, Maine - latimes.com

Idaho Delegates back up for grabs: Los Angeles Times | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012