Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JadensMama
    This woman murdered a great man. If charges are dropped, it will cause many, many people to be outraged. Have you read my other posts? I am a personal friend of the family, and have been for over 25 years. This woman not only caused the accident, when she shouldn't have even been here in the first place, but then proceeded to run him over while trying to flee the scene. Bystanders saw it, his own SON saw it. Do you think those images will ever be out of that little boy's head? He saw his father get murdered. This boy is not the same happy-go-lucky boy I knew last week. This lady had to stopped by another bystander to be kept from getting away. All she had to do was stop....like most people do when they get into an accident. Bryan would still be here today. But NOOO, she was too worried about being deported...AGAIN. She also knew that she had just ran over a man, while he was trying to get up and crawl over to his son. Also, I cannot verify this fact yet, but rumor has it that the other lady involved in the wreck passed away today as well. So if that is true, now she has TWO deaths on her hands. Still think charges will be reduced???
    Jadensmama, Please believe me when I say that I mean no disrespect whatsoever when I ask the following question. I am mostly curious and hope you will answer not only with honesty, but also with the utmost candor.

What I want to know is whether or not you had any strong feelings about illegal immigration prior to this accident, and if so what, if anything did you do to act on them? I couldn't help but notice that you were a new contributor at ALIPAC, and as such I suspect that the issue may not have been particularly important to you personally until it touched your life in such a personal way.

If that is the case, then you are among a growing number of people who suddenly find themselves shocked into the realization that this issue has very real dangers and associated consequences. There truly is no shame in that, only tragedy.

You see, the average person is so wrapped up in the struggle of day-to-day life and the many distractions put out there as stumbling blocks before us that they are barely aware of sensitive and threatening issues that surround us everywhere we go. That is no coincidence, but actually IMHO cleverly structured to keep us busy and under-informed.

If that indeed has been the case in your life up until now, please share with your new ALIPAC family and all who come here to read this story.

My goal in asking is to help others understand that life as we know it (and our comfort zone) can vanish in an instant when the more harsh reality we either tend to ignore or simply never recognized exists suddenly crashes into our little universe in such a violent and disruptive way. I think it is time we all woke up and realized how fragile life is, and how worthy of preservation is our freedom and our liberty.

Many generations fought and died to give us the right to enjoy what America is and stands for, and why we have let her slide so far into immorality and injustice simply cannot be explained. Apathy, fear, and ignorance will bring this nation to it's knees if we cannot quickly invigorate, educate, and inspire our friends and neighbors to rally for a cause worth fighting for. Fighting illegal immigration is just such a cause.

Welcome to ALIPAC Jadensmama, and I hope you will remain among us for a very long time. I hope you will also bring others so they may learn about this very relevant subject. If the economy is a troubling factor in anyone's life, they surely must understand how illegal immigration impacts the economy at so many different levels. That alone is reason enough to study this topic.

To all of you lawyers

out there debating and clarifying the finer points of felony murder rules, recklessness, negligence, etc. as it relates to this case:

There are two other elements to this crime that have escaped mention in the press and also here that bear serious consideration by the DA in Alamance County. First according to multiple eyewitnesses who are willing to testify in court the perp purposely attempted to flee the scene of the accident and quite possibly would have made it had not her crash damaged and crippled vehicle died on her over one block from the first impact of this mishap. (she wasn't going 70 MPH or at any speed that would have required a city block to stop the vehicle) And the vehicle carried no insurance of any kind. (nothing novel there)

I'll try to answer as much as I know. I am not an immigration attorney but a law school buddy is. From what he has told me in the past, once you have received a final deportation order and illegally enter again, the defendant has now committed a felony. If I am not mistaken, it is punishable by up to 10 years. In addition you lose any chance to become a citizen/resident in the future.

Are you asking if the state would be willing to drop charges, if she waived all rights to due process and was voluntarily deported? I am sorry, if I am guessing, I don't know exactly what you are asking. I don't see that scenario as her acts have resulted in the death of a person. Given her egregious actions and conscious disregard of providing aid by fleeing, I would say this would not happen. If she committed a petty theft, I would say perhaps.

Re: To all of you lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPershing
    out there debating and clarifying the finer points of felony murder rules, recklessness, negligence, etc. as it relates to this case:

There are two other elements to this crime that have escaped mention in the press and also here that bear serious consideration by the DA in Alamance County. First according to multiple eyewitnesses who are willing to testify in court the perp purposely attempted to flee the scene of the accident and quite possibly would have made it had not her crash damaged and crippled vehicle died on her over one block from the first impact of this mishap. (she wasn't going 70 MPH or at any speed that would have required a city block to stop the vehicle) And the vehicle carried no insurance of any kind. (nothing novel there)
    I would imagine, if this were true, (I would reasonably infer it was, but eyewitness testimony is always flawed in some manner) that she would face additional charges for fleeing the scene of the accident. In addition she would also be cited for driving without insurance, if this is a law in the jurisdiction. My gut feeling is she pleads guilty to misdemeanor murder, in lieu of having minor charges dropped. When I represent clients in criminal matters and the evidence is overwhelmingly against them, the only thing I can do for them is such. The defendant is punished for the most severe crime, the state provides justice, judicial economy is served, and the defendant is spared additional time.

My prayers go to the family. If all that we are doing here saves one life, then our work has not been in vain. We have worked endlessly so that Americans would not loose there lives simply because our lawmakers will not ensure that we have secure borders and that our immigration laws are enforced.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Sickening. ANOTHER ILLEGAL ALIEN WITH MULTIPLE ID'S KILLS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. Not only that, she has been deported before. How many murders by illegal aliens will it take to make our government start enforcing the law?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

To: attorneyatlaw

What is your take on state penal code reforms that would add as many 3 grossly aggravating factors to any state criminal conviction for being an illegal alien perpetrator?

The killing was put into motion when she crossed the border illegally
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345