Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My sign was going to say Stop the Looting but I will change it now to reflect illegal immigration. I didn't even think to relate the two, I'm a little slow at times.

I'm not able to right click to copy/paste the text to a new page. If you can get the text all on one normal size page, I think we can select print 2x2 and it will print 4 8x11" sheets that can be taped together to make a big enough sign.

The original is 18 x 24 and your sheets of paper are 8.5x11.

You need to set your printer to print 4 X 4 and change the paper size/setting to Poster.
    Every printer is different so you may need to consult the help section of your printer.

This should print on 16 sheets and then you paste them together.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I have no idea how to do this....I went and bought poster board and my whole family is making their own on Easter...so it will be a family project!

I printed out alipac flyer and am having them printed at kinkos to hand out!
    We are not concerned about the fliers, we know they will print. We need to know if our instructions are clear and if the large signs print well for you at home. Each extra hour it takes us to get people to test this is an precious hour lost.

We need people trying to follow our instructions to print the large signs at home now.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I have been on the computer with Roy Becks assistant Van Esser at NumbersUSA and they are going to try to get some people to the one near the White House.
    We are not concerned about turnout right now. We are concerned as the day passes and we do not have enough people testing these large sign print outs at home which is delaying national distribution.

W

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

You need to set your printer to print 4 X 4 and change the paper size/setting to Poster.
    Every printer is different so you may need to consult the help section of your printer.

Dixie

Dixie,

Please make ultra simple instructions 1,2,3 for people and insert it above the posters in my top post here and in a new post here.

Then make a post in gen discussion begging people to come here and try the directions to see if both the directions and the sign files work for people with multiple different types of printers and software.

Our original hope was to get these out earlier today, but it looks like we are about to lose a whole day of sign prep.

Need instructions that are simple and work.

Need testers to test those instructions and files.

We cannot send these out to our network till testing is both successful and complete.

Otherwise we will waste another day we dont have, a valuable email blast, and my email will fill with thousands of people complaining.

I need everyone's attention and immediate assistance on this PLEASE!

W

ok, this is screwed up. This request has been up for over seven hours without adequate response.

Chalk one up for the illegals.

This will not be sent out till Easter Morning now.

You folks have till tomorrow morning to test it and have it right or we will delay it again, or all together.

W

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Dixie
    My printer will print 2x2 (4 pages) or 3x3 (9 pages). I don't have a 4x4 option.

And I don't have a Poster setting either. I have many settings, envelope, legal, postcard but can't find anything that indicates poster size.

William - I would get the message out now and let people know we are working on the printer settings for the signs. At least they will have everything else.

Okay, I got it.

Instructions:
    1)Click on the sign you want to print
    2)click on "print preview"
    3) reduce it to fit on the page (mine needed reduced to 30%)
    4)select landscape instead of portait
    5)click on print
    6)select printer options and select 3X3
    7)tape together the 9 pages and glue to poster board
    I had it on "letter" setting and "3x3" and it printed to an 18x24 size.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Okay, I got it.

Instructions:
    1)Click on the sign you want to print
    2)click on "print preview"
    3) reduce it to fit on the page (mine needed reduced to 30%)
    4)select landscape instead of portait
    5)click on print
    6)select printer options and select 3X3
    7)tape together the 9 pages and glue to poster board
    I had it on "letter" setting and "3x3" and it printed to an 18x24 size.
    Does not work for me, I could do posters on my old printer but not this one. I will be sending Mine to Office max let them figure it out. Why not tell folks to do that if they can't figure it out?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast