Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I will find other channels in which to work towards those ends and hereby resign and withdraw my membership in ALIPAC.

Good riddance.
    Best wishes and good luck in your endeavors in finding an organization whose platform you feel suits your mindset.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by labrown
    Of course action begets action and there are various ways of "taking action" however this is one I do not agree with as you can see from my letter. Although it is a free country thank God, many are free to do things that I find undignified, and this tactic of sarcasm is one of them.

Despite the fact that I believe strongly in English as a standard language and that it is of critical importance that illegal immigration be stopped
    I will find other channels in which to work towards those ends and hereby resign and withdraw my membership in ALIPAC.

Good riddance.
    So Long LaBrown! Hello Mexico!

We will be here supporting those fine politicians and musicians that support the ALIPAC Platform.

Best of luck!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with labrown, cheap goofy songs, I don't think will help our cause.

I like it and all I just think it sounds like something the illegals would do.

I have nothing but respect for ALIPAC and all it's members.

The song is cool just doesn't sound like something our side would do.

onetrickydude:

In the context of the today's "short atention span" and "sound bite" driven culture, it helps to get attention to your message and consideration of your platform through all types of media.

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickydude
    I agree with labrown, cheap goofy songs, I don't think will help our cause.

I like it and all I just think it sounds like something the illegals would do.

When why do not you write your own song about illegal immigration and present it for our review !!!!

We will wait for your song to come and meanwhile we will listen to the Rivoli song in English .
    Do you know that when I call the local branch of BOA - they speak Spanish to me and great me in Spanish ?
    I live in Florida and if I did not speak Spanish I would be having problems even with getting around .
    This is the point of this song - The Americans do not want to be forced to learn another language or to press 1 for English / BTW - in many cases it is not press #1 but PRESS # 2
    Just the instant example - dial 321-2064180 to enjoy Florida language "assimilation"

When America will not have English as a common language - the America will stop to exist and will become nothing but one of the Latin American countries with the third world lifestyle , crime , corruption and then even Mexicans would flee it .
    If you do not like this song then why do not you write 10 other songs addressing the problem so we can make a nice CD and send it all over the country .

And if you have no other solution besides criticizing someone who is more successful than you are then step back and let others do the job .

And I will have to listen the Spanish greeting and press #2 for English every time I want to call Europe while wandering where do I live and what is going to be #2 next
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Though using a "tongue in cheek" approach, the song conveys a message. A little humor can go a long way in promoting your point.

Hope,

I appreciate you suggestion and I am a published song writer, an author/publisher member of ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) and have written a hit Country chart record among other things.

Without addressing the quality or professionalism of this particular recording, it is my opinion that songs such as this are perfectly fine and have every right to be performed and heard, however as I believe I stated, I think they are a detriment to the cause of combating two separate issues, one being massive illegal immigration and the other being our governments refusal to adopt English as an official language, both causes that I fervently support.

I write letters and call Congressmen and Senators routinely however I try to avoid the use of sarcasm and any other technique that in my opinion will lead people to believe that my motives are anything but preserving America for American Citizens and maintaining our American culture, a culture that many on the far left don't seem to think exists.

The fact remains that there are elements on both sides of this issue and almost any issue that I choose not to associate myself with and rightly or wrongly it is my opinion that songs such as this cheapen the many legitimate reasons that I take this position.

As I stated in my prior post,

I WOULD NOT INVITE IMMIGRANTS TO ENTER THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY EVEN IF THEY ALL SPOKE ENGLISH!

You quote Janice Joplin as saying " Do not compromise yourself . I believe the use of this song is doing just that.

Rest assured, I will be doing my part in a manner that I feel is dignified.

Did you know that you can be a member of the AKC and you don't have to be a dog?

labrown,

We are going to have a hard time believing you around here.

Quote Originally Posted by labrown

Good riddance.
    Why are you back?

Dixie

I was back just to see whether my position was justified in feeling discomfort being in what you gratuitously call, "your turf".

If you have trouble "believeing me, it might be because I choos not to march in lock step as I am quite sincere about my feelings on these issue but I am not a racist and do not want to play footsies with racists.

As far as "why am I back" if it pleases you I will choose the option to stop viewing this thread and NOT come back.

ALTHOUGH YOU "CALL THIS" "A DEBATE FORUM" I GUESS YOUR POSITION ON FREE SPEECH
    IS CLEAR EVEN IN ENGLISH

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast