Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Flood Congress with opposition to the Dream Act Nightmare.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Contacted these members posted by stevetheroofer on another thread.

The 31 Senators we were asked to call that are up for re-election in 2012
    These are the ones who have not decided yet.

BROWN,SHERROD 202 224 2315 CLEVELAND,OH.44114
    CANTWELL 202 224 3441 SEATTLE,WA.98174
    CARPER 202 224 2441 DOVER,DE 19904
    CASEY 202 224 6324 SCRANTON,PA 18503
    CONRAD 202 224 2043 MINOT,ND 58701
    CORKER 202 224 3344 NASHVILLE,TN 37203
    ENSIGN 202 224 6244 RENO,NV. 89501
    KOHL 202 224 5653 MILWAUKEE,WI 53203
    SNOWE 202 224 5344 AUGUSTA,ME 04330
    STABENOW 202 224 4822 DETROIT,MI 48226
    WEBB 202 224 4024 NORTON,VA 24273
    WHITEHOUSE 202 224 2921 PROVIDENCE,RI 02903

Some of the voice mails are full. Snowe, Stabenow, Webb have full Washington voice mails. Contact the district offices please.

Psalm 91
    Again, calling...the above and from the list...
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1144055.html#1144055
    USING *67 and then the number so that my number doesn't come up on caller ID.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Most Republicans say they haven't been given info on that. Some...accd'g to their staffers... or are expected to vote no since they have in the past that I have called so far. If I find a definate "YES" vote I will post.

Most all Democrats staffers say, they have not been given the info on how their Senator will vote but will pass along the message. That to me is a "YES" vote. If I find a "NO" vote I will post.

Ben Nelson= NO vote accd'g to staffer. Says he will not vote on anything regarding the Dream Act.
    Called Nelson's office back and asked if this meant that he was not going to vote or that he would vote NO. Staffer says he will vote no!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Yep, I'm calling that list right now. Let the phone lines melt.

JAK
    Thank you Bridget! These phones need to get more traffic... I'm finding that it isn't that hard to get through to most of them.

I'm using the *67 since they have caller ID. Then I quickly ask how they are going to vote...tell them I'm a Democrat and if they vote yes on this instead of using common sense, since so many Americans are out of work that I will vote a straight Republican ticket if they do this... and I mean it!
    They try to ask for a zip code, but I just say what I have to say and then tell them thank you...and hang up. I think I will keep them guessing. ...
    Or I quickly tell them I am a dem and then thank them and hang up.

Right on, JAK

The staffer I just spoke with at Kohl's office made arguments in favor of DREAM act. I rebutted him by saying a lot of these illegal aliens the DREAM Act provides for are now adults, are capable of speaking the language of their home country, and are responsible for their own choices.

So to anyone who calls Kohl's office, be prepared to dish your best arguments.

JAK
    Please help here too everyone...
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1144862.html#1144862

Ben Nelson's official statements:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-219738.html

“Consequently, I won’t support any motion to proceed or any kind of cloture measure on the DREAM Act,â€

Quote Originally Posted by jsimps0n
    I received this email from Sen. Mark Udall (CO) in response to my query on his stance on the Dream Act.

November 29, 2010
    Dear Jerald,

Thank you for contacting me with your views on the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act of 2009 (S.729). I appreciate that you took the time to express your specific concerns regarding this bipartisan legislation.

As you may know, children who were brought to this country illegally by no fault of their own and have grown up in the United States, gone to school and demonstrated good character currently have no way to normalize their undocumented status in order to attend college or serve in the military. The DREAM Act, which was introduced by Senator Richard Durbin on March 26, 2009, would address this issue by allowing children to obtain temporary conditional status if they were brought to the United States prior to their 16th birthday, have lived in the United States for at least five years, have maintained good academic and moral standing, and plan to pursue higher education or serve in the U.S. military. After six years, these individuals would then become eligible for permanent legal status so long as they successfully complete two years at a U.S. institution of higher learning or military service in the U.S. armed forces and remain in compliance with the law and in good moral standing.

I support strengthening border security, cracking down on illegal immigration and reform that can fix our broken immigration system. I also believe that children who know of no other home than the United States and have worked diligently to be successful in their young lives should have an opportunity to normalize their immigration status and to realize their potential as productive citizens.

I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not about merely supporting or opposing legislation; it is also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics. For more information about my positions and to learn how my office can assist you, please visit my website at www.markudall.senate.gov.

Warm regards,

Mark Udall
    U.S. Senator, Colorado
    Oh you've go to be kidding me! This guy is denser than dense, in what way is it the American citizens fault that these kids are here illegally? It is already bad enough that we have to sit there while these children of illegal aliens overcrowd the public school system and we as tax payers are FORCED to pay for these kids education!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

JAK
    Okay, will make a second round on all of these rep's tonight. Along with emails.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast