Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot

Has McAmnesty (McCain) put out a statement yet ?
    Not as of this morning he has not taken a position. I told his staffer then he is a slimy lying dog since on his website he claims to oppose amnesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sen Snowe - R-ME - finally got through - aide said she hasn't released a statement yet. Told aide I'm assuming that means Sen Snowe is possibly going to vote FOR Dream, but she knows the majority of her constituents and U.S. citizens are opposed to Dream, so she doesn't want them to know she is actually considering voting for it.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

April
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Finally got through to Murkowski's office. She is still reviewing the bill.

Psalm 139:14
    YEah we can depend on her to be undecided.

Dream Act Report

Just joined the forum, after getting busy on the phone about the Dream Act. I just contacted four NC offices: David Price, NC Dist. 4, has not taken a position yet, although his issue statement on his website generally favors aspects of Obama's immigration plan. Congressman Heath Shuler, one of the leaders in the "Blue Dog Democrats" has a proposed "SAVE" Act on immigration reform on his website; he has not taken a position yet on the Dream Act. Also, his office reported that the "Blue Dogs" caucus has not taken a position on the Dream Act either. Another member of that group, Congressman Mike McIntyre is AGAINST the Dream Act. Senator Kay Hagan has not taken a position yet. I had no problem getting through to these offices in the last hour.

April
    Great WORK PATRIOTS, lets keep the pressure ON!

I received this email from Sen. Mark Udall (CO) in response to my query on his stance on the Dream Act.

November 29, 2010
    Dear Jerald,

Thank you for contacting me with your views on the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act of 2009 (S.729). I appreciate that you took the time to express your specific concerns regarding this bipartisan legislation.

As you may know, children who were brought to this country illegally by no fault of their own and have grown up in the United States, gone to school and demonstrated good character currently have no way to normalize their undocumented status in order to attend college or serve in the military. The DREAM Act, which was introduced by Senator Richard Durbin on March 26, 2009, would address this issue by allowing children to obtain temporary conditional status if they were brought to the United States prior to their 16th birthday, have lived in the United States for at least five years, have maintained good academic and moral standing, and plan to pursue higher education or serve in the U.S. military. After six years, these individuals would then become eligible for permanent legal status so long as they successfully complete two years at a U.S. institution of higher learning or military service in the U.S. armed forces and remain in compliance with the law and in good moral standing.

I support strengthening border security, cracking down on illegal immigration and reform that can fix our broken immigration system. I also believe that children who know of no other home than the United States and have worked diligently to be successful in their young lives should have an opportunity to normalize their immigration status and to realize their potential as productive citizens.

I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not about merely supporting or opposing legislation; it is also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics. For more information about my positions and to learn how my office can assist you, please visit my website at www.markudall.senate.gov.

Warm regards,

Mark Udall
    U.S. Senator, Colorado

Welcome to Alipac, NCNurse. Thank you for joining with us in making calls, etc. There is a big effort by young people and others to get lawmakers to swing their way and to support DREAM. We must double our efforts, especially since many offices are receiving 50/50 calls. The unions, restaurant and hotel lobbying groups, and some churches are included in those working against us and for illegal aliens as we know.

Fill the voice mail. Call the district offices. Email and fax.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Contacted these members posted by stevetheroofer on another thread.

The 31 Senators we were asked to call that are up for re-election in 2012
    These are the ones who have not decided yet.

BROWN,SHERROD 202 224 2315 CLEVELAND,OH.44114
    CANTWELL 202 224 3441 SEATTLE,WA.98174
    CARPER 202 224 2441 DOVER,DE 19904
    CASEY 202 224 6324 SCRANTON,PA 18503
    CONRAD 202 224 2043 MINOT,ND 58701
    CORKER 202 224 3344 NASHVILLE,TN 37203
    ENSIGN 202 224 6244 RENO,NV. 89501
    KOHL 202 224 5653 MILWAUKEE,WI 53203
    SNOWE 202 224 5344 AUGUSTA,ME 04330
    STABENOW 202 224 4822 DETROIT,MI 48226
    WEBB 202 224 4024 NORTON,VA 24273
    WHITEHOUSE 202 224 2921 PROVIDENCE,RI 02903

Some of the voice mails are full. Snowe, Stabenow, Webb have full Washington voice mails. Contact the district offices please.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Ky. reps.
    chandler uncommitted
    geoff uncommitted
    guthrie uncommitted
    rodgers NO
    whitfield uncommitted
    yarmuth NO
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome to Alipac jsimpsON that would be another damn yes vote!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast