Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dxd

**Report from the Pat Buchanan event**

Keep in mind that the environment was not the rough and tumble of a street protest or a town hall meeting or a legislative debate that many of us are familiar with. It was more of a sales event at a private facility. And at a private facility the owner sets the rules, just like the owner of this message board sets the rules that must be complied with.

With that being said I got there early and the room as already filled. C-SPAN was there.
    I went to the person in charge of the event. I gave them my name and identified myself as an anti-illegal immigration activist from the Farmingville community and asked permission to address the audience for 1 minute. Literally. I was only asking for 1 minute and I had my stopwatch. The owner came over and asked me what I wanted to say.

I told them I wanted to point out to the audience that although in the distant past Pat B. was good on the issue of illegal immigration, in 2004 he sold out the issue by endorsing Bush for re-election without demanding that Bush enforce existing immigration laws in return for his endorsement. I showed them the wanted poster for the illegal alien who killed the women in Farmingville and then skipped bail and has never been brought to justice and I wanted to ask the audience the rhetorical question of how Pat B’s new book will help bring this perpetrator to justice.

The owner politely said No to my request. The owner was very pleasant and professional and familiar with Farmingville and receptive to my points. We talked and I then asked him if I can in a very civil fashion raise these issues face to face with Pat B.. either privately before he takes the floor or in the question and answer part of the presentation. He very respectfully told me why he did not want me to do that and I complied.

However in a lot of mingling and private conversations that I engaged in before Pat B. took the floor I was making my point and everyone I talked to agreed that Pat B. should not have given away his endorsement without demanding that Bush enforce existing immigration laws in return for his endorsement.

Pat B. Took the floor and held up his book and was talking about it being #1. I held the wanted poster of the illegal alien who killed the women in Farmingville and walked out.

Dxd,

I feel you are serious about helping this movement, but there is something I think you need to seriously consider at this time.

In life as in politics, there are always sacrifices and things must be weighed.

Not every feeling or opinion should be shared and you will never find anyone that agrees with you 100% and that you agree with 100%.

What Pat Buchanan is doing right now is in the best interest of our movement. He deserves credit and support for what he is doing with his book because a lot of Americans will be exposed to information they cannot get through the MSM on our issue. I think I heard the term Aztlan for the first time on Fox last night as they scrambled to attack Pat.

I'm sure many people agree with your position about his prior endorsement of Bush, but to try and inject that into his book signing was counter productive to the goals of our movement. I am glad you were respectful of the wishes of the organizers. If you had spoken, enemy press may have focused in on you and used both you and your comments to further the goals of the Open Borders Lobby.

Is it more important for you to air your personal complaint about one decision Pat made in the past or is it more important for you to do or not do what is in the best interest of our cause to have our existing immigration laws enforced?

My personal opinion, after reading your post above, is that you attempted to take actions that are counter productive to our movement and cause and acted in a way that benefits our opposition in this matter.

I have had to bite my lip and hold my tongue on many occasions and I can tell you it was not a pleasant experience for me because I am very open and very expressive. However, my eye is on the goal line and I am in this to win and I do my very best to make decisions with the bigger picture in mind.

I would hope you would strongly consider making the same kind of decisions.

It is tough, but we should all strive to "Speak no ill of a fellow patriot" in this movement.

There are plenty of adversaries that will do that.

The OBLs are trying to stop Pat's book from becoming a best seller right now. We need to do what we can to help him, not hurt him. We need that book to hit the top of the charts and stay there.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In reading this the following phrase comes to mind:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Bravo ALIPAC! Your advice is exactly what I've been trying to preach to other activists in my community. Unfortunately, there are some who refuse to heed such rational advice. We constantly bicker about tactics and after awhile, I just have to admit defeat in ever getting them to think with their heads and not their emotions.

I sincerely hope that Dxd is open to some constructive criticism. Afterall, we are on the same side.

Thank you W, That is some VERY well thought and articulated advice. I can only hope that dxd will take it as constructive criticism and continue to help us in this great fight.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

dxd
    Okay I'll play a few points.

RE:In life as in politics, there are always sacrifices and things must be weighed.

Who decides what gets sacrificed?

RE:Not every feeling or opinion should be shared

Who is sharing opinions or feelings? I am sharing experience. We have gotten sold out and stabbed in the back(figuratively) and had our support hijacked for the purpose of keeping Republicans in power.

RE:What Pat Buchanan is doing right now is in the best interest of our movement.

Maybe you know something I don't. BUT after 2004 any reasonable free thinking person can NOT dismiss the possibility that what he is doing is nothing more than trying to keep Republicans in power. He sacrificed us once how do you know he won't sacrifice us again? I'm not making that accusation, but I will NOT dismiss that possibility.

RE:enemy press may have focused in on you

Nothing new

RE:Speak no ill of a fellow patriot

I'm with ya 1000% on that one. Speak no ill of a fellow patriot, but do not hesitate to expose a Benedict Arnold. (And have the facts to make your case)

RE:My personal opinion, after reading your post above, is that you attempted to take actions that are counter productive to our movement and cause and acted in a way that benefits our opposition in this matter.

Are you saying that I hijacked his book selling event like he hijacked our efforts in 2004? No I am not a hijacker.

Chloe24,
    RE:We constantly bicker about tactics
    No we don't. The SITUATION determines the tactics. Sort of like, do you put your shoes on your hands or your feet?

So if your situation is different, employ the appropriate tactics. We will apply the tactics that are appropriate for our situation. And last night was appropriate although it would have been better if I spoke

RE:Your advice is exactly what I've been trying to preach to other activists in my community.

"OTHER" activists implies that you are an activist. GREAT!! Have you posted any photos of your activities ? Also I am curious as to why you are preaching to other activists instead of interfacing with the public to build public support. Help me out on that one.

And remember---As election day gets closer---It will get hotter

dxd
    Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    Thank you W, That is some VERY well thought and articulated advice. I can only hope that dxd will take it as constructive criticism and continue to help us in this great fight.

Reference the above post please and if you want to give me advice would you be king enough to tell me about your tactics when you went to a Buchanan book signing event?

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    It is tough, but we should all strive to "Speak no ill of a fellow patriot" in this movement.

There are plenty of adversaries that will do that.
    No kidding, there's plenty of press stories and spin to assist the opposition.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd, This is what I think and this is the reason why; First off I am smart enough to know damn good and well that voting a Democrats into office and all the Republicans out like you keep claiming we need to do in about every post you make would be disastrous for our cause considering that about 90% are for open borders and amnesty. Their voting records speak for themselves.
    I have not been to a book signing where I live in regards to Pat because there has not been one.
    I have, however been to numerous rallies and the likes. I don’t post pictures all over because I am not so vain that I need to. You and your constant pushing of the Democratic Party is nauseating and counter productive to the cause of getting the Illegal’s out of our country.

Just because you can stand somewhere with a sign in your hand and have people take pictures of you does not make you super activist when your statements show you are a super asshole. Is that plain enough for you! So now you can go preach what a super activist you are and brag to someone else since you think that’s what make’s you such a Big Man.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Banned
    Methinks that dxd is still more passionate about returning the Dims to power than he is about illegal immigration.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast