Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think it is great all the publicity that Pat Buchanan's book is getting and the word is certainly getting out there. More and more support for our cause to take back our country from a government that ignores the will of the american citizens and is giving our country away. Our cause is gaining more and more momentum across the nation. That is a great thing. And ALIPAC is also a great part of that momentum, let us press on as we can win this.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Me thinks that dxd is still more passionate about returning the Dims to power than he is about illegal immigration.
    I have always considered myself an Independent, though I've voted mostly as a Democrat. This immigration debate though has made me recognize just how truly naive I've been in thinking that either party can be trusted to do what is in the best interests of Americans and this country. So, I think we need to focus on the character and motives of the players and not their party affiliations.

Just as Steelerbabe stated, I previously would have ignored Pat Buchanan, but now I'm open to listen to and weigh what he has to say. I expect many Americans may also be more receptive this time around....as evidenced by the phenomenal sales of his book. Good for him, and for us!

I would on the Surface agree that Pat should hold out and endorsment until the Neocons that run the whitehouse endorse closed borders, etc...but Buchanan only got 3% of the VOTE. He DOES NOT HAVE THE POLITICAL CLOUT TO DO THIS AND HAVE IT MEAN SOMETHING.
    Period. He is making nervous people MORE nervous with his book, and is the ONLY ONE talking about this issue with a #1 BOOK.

He does NOT support the WAR, he does NOT support Nafta, -ILLEGAL INVATION- God, he defined our new term 11 years ago....

Let me repeat:He DOES NOT HAVE THE POLITICAL CLOUT TO DO THIS AND HAVE IT MEAN SOMETHING.
    He IS A REPUBLICAN - Change the party from WITHIN

Which is exactly what is happening. Illegal immigration is bad enough to be a national issue without huge access to the mainly pro-illegal press. We are winning the debate. Replace republicans, and pro illegal republicans will have stay at home voters, they may loose to democrats....

CLOSE THE BORDERS GET A WORKABLE INTERIOR ENFORCEMENT/GREENCARD FINGERPRINT DEAL AND GET SERIOUS ON REFORM!

Look at the good news, Pat Buchanan has a #1 book on illegal invation, and hes geting free publicity on his national tour, they cant ignore it.

dxd
    Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    dxd, This is what I think and this is the reason why; First off I am smart enough to know damn good and well that voting a Democrats into office and all the Republicans out like you keep claiming we need to do in about every post you make would be disastrous for our cause considering that about 90% are for open borders and amnesty. Their voting records speak for themselves.
    I have not been to a book signing where I live in regards to Pat because there has not been one.
    I have, however been to numerous rallies and the likes. I don’t post pictures all over because I am not so vain that I need to. You and your constant pushing of the Democratic Party is nauseating and counter productive to the cause of getting the Illegal’s out of our country.

Just because you can stand somewhere with a sign in your hand and have people take pictures of you does not make you super activist when your statements show you are a super V******V. Is that plain enough for you! So now you can go preach what a super activist you are and brag to someone else since you think that’s what make’s you such a Big Man.

Thank You. I have always said that being called names is part of activism.

dxd
    In closing let me say that Pat B. is multi-issue. We should only have single issue people speaking to this issue. Pat B. claims to oppose illegal immigration but yet supports the person who supports illegal immigration, namely Bush. Does he think we are idiots? I say BOO to him and his book and so does the bookstore.

BOO BOO

BOO

Just ordered his book, hope the rest of you will also.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Pat Buchanan may support President Bush, but that doesn't mean he supports his immigration policy. I support President Bush to a certain extent, but there are still many things about him that upset me. However, the choice in 2004 was Bush or Kerry. I would rather jump off a building than vote for John Kerry on anything.

Pat Buchanan's message and book is in no way nullified by his support for the President. Sometimes in politics, you have to support someone event though you may disagree with them on some things. I supported Bush because we agree on some critical issues and the alternative was Kerry. Buchanan obviously has his reasons for supporting the President too.

Buchanan has a book about illegal immigrants at the top of book charts. Because of him, people will start to pay more attention to the Reconquista movement. Many will spend late nights reading his book and learning more about the dangers of illegal immigration. How anyone can see this as a problem is beyond me.

I understand your concern, but perhaps you should focus on the message and not the messenger.

I supported and voted for President Bush in 2000. I guess you would want to show up and protest my speaking events too Dxd.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

I saw Pat Buchanan's angry speech and hand gestures and my mind was trained to believe that he was a fascist and a bad man that should be opposed.

Now, when I read his works it comforts me to see so many of the things that I am concerned about reflected in his works.

What I had been taught by others caused me to reject and oppose Pat Buchanan. What I have learned through hard lessons in life and personal experience has taught me to appreciate the man a great deal.
    Wow, that was exactly the reaction I had after Pat's speech! It was only after reading "Death of The West" that I sat up and took notice of what was REALLY going on in my country. But I don't think my mind would have been as receptive to his book without having experienced the attacks on 9-11. You have to wonder if our first reactions were born out of the conditioning by the left wing media. I'm serious!

Regarding bickering about tactics:

Dxd: "No we don't.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. I've participated on the LI/NY illegal immigration activists forum. There's constant bickering and complaining and verbally abusive language thrown around, simply because people disagree with one another on tactics. I mean it's utterly pathetic that people can't engage in intelliget, civilized conversation. It's uncalled for and unproductive. (I'm not implying that you are one of these people Dxd. I'm just stating my experience) At least on the ALIPAC forums people interact with one another with intelligence and civility. (Maybe it's because there are more women here! Or Midwesterners - I don't know)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dxd:
    The SITUATION determines the tactics. Sort of like, do you put your shoes on your hands or your feet?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So you determined that a book reading would be an appropriate time to take center stage and speak in front of Pat's audience before he even got to the microphone? It wasn't the situation that determined the tactic. YOU made the decision on what tactic to use. It's your APPROACH to the situation that I disagree with, but I certainly applaud your courage and conviction. This is how I would have handled it:

I would have just waited for the reading to begin. Then when it came time for questions I would have stood up calmly and in a respectful manner, speak my mind and ask Pat to explain himself, while holding up my picture for the cameras and everyone to see. If I wasn't satisfied with his reply, I would challenge him firmly but respectfully. I'm just curious - Did you ever consider doing it THAT way? And if not, why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: My activism:
    Dxd: "OTHER" activists implies that you are an activist. GREAT!! Have you posted any photos of your activities ? Also I am curious as to why you are preaching to other activists instead of interfacing with the public to build public support. Help me out on that one. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sure. I don't know why, but I never even considered taking pictures of my activities. Seems like there's a bunch of people doing that anyway. Plus I'm a very private person. I did however end up in a group shot in Newsday once! I do what I can by attending protests, making up flyers, talking to friends and relatives, sending letters and placing phone calls to representatives.

As far as "preaching" to other activists - I just merely make suggestions when I think some are becoming too hot and emotional and their tactics might be counterproductive to the cause as a whole, that's all. We all have different belief systems and a code in which we live by, which is how our personal choices are made.

" When the conduct of men is designed to be influenced, persuasion, kind, unassuming persuasion, should ever be adopted. It is an old and a true maxim, that a 'drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall.'"
    -Lincoln

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast