Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Exactly, they can't even handle your problem which you have tried to do so many times. I don't think I would worry. After all, what did you expect when you got married? Did you think the government was going to run and make everything OK? Just how do you think they are going to handle 15 million illegals who are going to JUMP in front of you??

"out of status"
    I guess this is the new word they will use now that "undocumented" has faded out as the replacment for the word, ILLEGAL(which is exactly what it means--illegal)
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

The personal result is that my wife, who came here, never even used tax money even to go to school, then started a business and is supporting welfare checks to US citizens, would be be treated like an attempted murderer because of somebody else's screw up.
    I'm not sure I understand what is exactly going on with your wife. She is working here? She has a business license? She pays her business taxes?

Is she an illegal alien? or is she awaiting a step in the process toward citizenship and allowed to be here?

You don't explain who screwed up and what they screwed up and I think you may have mentioned it before but thousands of posts have been written since then.

Did you follow any of the suggestions we mentioned when you posted before? I'm sure I told you to contact your congressman.

Are you working? Would you be able to support your wife and child on your own? Those things are going to be taken into consideration, I'm sure.

People who apply for a gun permit are usually not getting background checks from a foreign nation. Is it possible for your wife to contact someone in her homeland to contact the US embassy there for a speedier background check? Is your wife from a country that would be considered an enemy nation-- such as Libya, Iran, Cuba? Did your wife come here illegally, marry you, then try to get permission to stay?

I won't sit here and say I don't have any sympathy for your plight. You don't give us a lot of information to go on but I can see that you are perfectly capable of writing a letter and I would be willing to wager that you are also perfectly capable of picking up the phone. Call your congressman.

And, to answer your question, we are definitely against illegal immigrants. But I know dozens of people who have foreign wives or husbands and they didn't have the problems that you seem to be having. They fought for their causes through the proper channels and, even though it wasn't easy, they eventually prevailed. Have you tried?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Your wife....

Dear Randall:

I'm not one to BEAT AROUND THE BUSH, so shall spell some things out even if you don't want to hear them.

1. You dance around the issue of your wife, rather than spell out your situation in a very specific non emotional way...however, I am assuming that the bottom line is she is in America illegally.

2. Laws cannot be written for the exceptions to the rule, they have to be written in a fashion to deal with problems in a smart, intelligent fashion that addresses the rights of the citizens of the nation said laws are being created for. Your wife is ONE PERSON, but the reality is, we have a very serious illegal immigration problem with Mexico and other Latino nations violating our Southern border with impunity. We can realistically only absorb so many of the world's huddled masses, and right now, we have FAR SURPASSED that limit if we are going to be fair to those of us who are LEGAL CITIZENS. This unfortunately might mean your wife by breaking our laws could be hurt by the passage of a law that deals with this problem by allowing no Amnesty.

3. What does NO AMNESTY mean to me...if you or any one else are in our country illegally, did not follow our rules and laws in coming here, then you SHOULD BE DEPORTED, end of story, no exceptions, do not pass go, do not collect a green card. Now, once said voilator has returned to their country of origin, I have no problems with someone following the rules to seek their chance at living in America, assuming they do not have a criminal record, but they have to wait their turn, they do not get special priviledges.

4. Children who were brought here as young children, but are still here illegally...sorry, but their parents BROKE OUR LAWS, and no matter how you slice the loaf, these children are here ILLEGALLY, and should be deported. On the other hand, I would support a law, or and amendment that gave them some kind of preferential treatment in getting a green card and moving towards American citizenship.

5. Lastly, I think as a nation we need to pass a law that says you cannot live in America and hold on to dual citizenship...I do not like dual allegiances, and think it a various dangerous threat to our nation's national security. If you want to come to America, want to live here, want to have the rights associated with being and American, then its ALL OR NONE.

As much as you might wish it to otherwise, we as a nation cannot make and exception for your wife, because if we make and exception for her, who is next, and who comes after that, and the next thing you know, we have started down that slippery slope where everyone is going to want and exception for their wife, their child, their mother, their father, their uncle, their aunt, their fourth cousin on their Aunt's mother's side...laws cannot work in that fashion, they have to be fairly and equitably enforced for everyone.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Tell em, PintoBean!! Right on!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by rebellady1964
    "out of status"
    I guess this is the new word they will use now that "undocumented" has faded out as the replacment for the word, ILLEGAL(which is exactly what it means--illegal)
    and the Irish came up with a better one "current" immigrants... used byt the Premier if Ireland on St Pat's Days, standing right next to Bush, then claiming "priority" legalization because of a long history of Irish contributions to America....

The Irish CEO, like Mexico's CEO, wants as many of their citizens out of IReland as they can.... hmmmmmm
    ...by a nose!

I'm starting to think that Randall is pretending and has a once hidden / now in the open agenda.

W

Cry me a river

Randal.. Why did you write that screed. Are you just bored or do you have an agenda. You sound like a sheep in wolves clothing with your whining about your wife being treated like an attempted murderer and babies being killed (unlikely). If your wife has to go back to Mexico why don't you suck it up and get a Metricula consular card and go with her? You can get one at any Mexican Embassy , in fact you can get more than one. Mexico could use a little diversity.

Sorry, but I think its JUST ANOTHER SOB STORY. There are no exceptions to breaking the law and entering the country illegally. America cant begin to accommodate EVERYBODY'S HARDSHIPS, or there would be 20 MILLION MORE illegal aliens. I hope a guest-worker plan isnt approved. Illegals need to go home and apply for entry just like everyone else.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm not posting this message to try to change anyone's opinion. But if you're really not trying to declare war on my family
    Well Randy...your wife and the rest of mexican illegals already declared WAR on MY family by breaking/flaunting our laws/way of life! Hell, gimmie your wifes name and I'll make sure she gets all the rights she deserves, a ticket back to where she came from! As far as children are concerned, it's easier to deport them NOW then when they grow up.
    It's true I am only one, but I am one. And the fact that I can't do everything will not prevent me from doing what I can do

Edward Everett Hale

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast