Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Abandoned 2year-old is the poster child {Update}

This is from Latina Lista, always an interesting blog. As you can see they think the poor abandoned 2 year old should be the poster child for their side. Hey, let's just focus on finding his mom or a good home. Poor child.

Abandoned two-year-old is the poster child for immigration debate

What the immigration debate has lacked thus far is a "poster child" that brings home the issue and exposes how it impacts the most vulnerable.

Well, the wait is finally over.

Martin was found alone at an Indiana Wal-Mart store.
    (Source: indystar.com)

Two-year-old Martin, a young Guatemalan, was found abandoned in an Frankfort, Indiana Wal-Mart store on Friday, June 13.

In the note found with Martin, his mother states that the young family arrived a year ago from Guatemala. It wasn't long afterwards that her husband left her. According to the letter written in Spanish, the mother doesn't have the means to buy her son food or provide a roof over his head.

So, she did what has been done by millions of women around the world since the beginning of time, or at least as far back as Moses, she left him at a place she knew to be relatively safe. Where there were people, fellow mothers, who would find him, protect him and help him.

She was right because that's exactly what happened — plus more.

Currently, there is a search underway for Martin's mother. At this point, officials aren't sure that the situation is as it appears. There have been conjectures that this boy could have been kidnapped from somewhere either in the US or even Guatemala and that the whole story may be fabricated.

But seeing that the boy was in good shape when he was found and, according to one eyewitness, too solemn for a little boy his age, means that so far in his short life, it's been a traumatic journey.

In fact, that's one clue that points to the fact that this story may just be true. With so much trauma and stress happening to these undocumented families, children witness it and internalize it. There's not much for them to be happy about in their young childhoods.

If the case of Martin is true, some will no doubt pat themselves on the back for an immigration enforcement policy that seems to be working.

Yet, it's a sad testament that there exists such a policy that it forces a mother to abandon her child because it deprives her of the means to care for him — not because she won't work but because she can't.

Today, it's Martin. Tomorrow it could be Argelia. The next day Luis. The day after that Lety. Next week…

http://www.latinalista.net/palabrafinal ... child.html[/img]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Poor Martin (a Guatemalan Citizen) is just another kid with crappy, irresponsible parents, that put him in this situation.

No one really knows this kid's story, he could have been traded for Crack and some doper's girl was told to ditch the kid so she made up a story and left him at WM.

At this point, officials aren't sure that the situation is as it appears.
    Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This stupid "mother" traveled from Guatemala to the US with a one year old? she couldn't beg, borrow or steal to feed him? Clean houses? To feed your child you do what ever it takes. If this is what Guatemala has to offer
    in the way of an immigrant no wonder Mexico doesn't want them.

Give me a break! The fact is the mother abadoned her kid probably because she couldn't use him anymore for WIC. By the way no one forced her to come into a situation where she couldn't find a job. She came of her own free will. No one forced her to have children. She did that for the benefits she'd get. And lastly if she abandoned her kid then it proves the fact that these people could care less about their children and more about thier own sorry asses.

If you can see past the intended emotional effect, the argument is ridiculous.

Should we stop enforcing the law - not to mention enforcing our national sovereignty - because someone has kids? The mother was obvious careless and self-centered enough to bring a child into a scenario that 1) is illegal 2) is likely to end up with a stint in prison and 3) likely to cause just such a family break-up as this one. The law is not to blame; the mother is to blame.

Any heartache or maladjustment these kids suffer is firmly on the head of the illegal that brought them here. Actions have consequences.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Not to mention the thousands of two year olds who were left with their grandparents in Guatemala once they were weaned so that their parents could leave for the United States. There is no story here really other than a child that should be in DSS.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So, she did what has been done by millions of women around the world since the beginning of time, or at least as far back as Moses, she left him at a place she knew to be relatively safe. Where there were people, fellow mothers, who would find him, protect him and help him.
    Oh pleeze! Dont compare the story of Moses with an abandoned illegal alien kid.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BS! If this woman were truly concerned with the welfare of her child she would have left the kid at a police station, firestation or hospital. Or what about a church! The church seems to be ok when these illegals are actively avoiding deportation! Yet the church is not good enough to take possession of a child!

She would have done so regardless of what trouble she may have gotten herself into, so long as that child was safe.

Instead, it would seem her main concern was her own situation and avoiding any trouble. Disgraceful...

Illegal Abandons Child

Just goes to show that some people and this woman in particular cares for nothing else except for her own selfish interests. I have two young sons 5 and 2 1/2 years old and I panic if I can not account for their presence especially the younger one (even at home). I am constantly checking in on them and I can not imagine this careless woman would do such a thing.
    Is it that these people come here with a belief that Uncle Sam will care for their needs?

I once saw a TV documentary and it seems to point in that direction.
    The communist morons at PBS produced a documentary of four brothers (and others) who left Mexico because there is nothing there for them (especially employment). The audacity of the 3rd brother points directly at some of their attitudes, his reason for leaving home is because his young wife was having problems with her pregnancy and said in general terms that the doctors in the USA would take care of them. The eldest brother married an American girl while working at a horse farm in Kentucky. The 2nd brother has been a burden on our society with drug & alcohol problems (DUI's etc.) the 4th brother had just sneaked across the border and was just getting it together (in the shadows no doubt) when this documentary was being filmed.

Those people will never solve their problems until they face them and search for a solution. They bring their problems here for us to fix.

I worry about them and their brood spreading drug resistant TB and other diseases to my children and not to mention the public at large.

It is time for the spineless politicians to heed the voice of the regular American folk or face us much like an angry mob with pitch forks at the voting booth and beyond if things remain as they are.

I for one am a registered Republican, the Republican party has deeply disappointed me. I have refused to support their fund raising. Instead I write on the donation card "NOT A PENNY NOR A VOTE UNTIL: 1st ALL ILLEGALS ARE DEPORTED; 2nd THE BORDERS ARE SECURE AND 3rd THE 14TH AMENDMENT IS REPEALED (NO MORE ANCHOR BABIES!)

I will very likely vote independent, it is time to smack down the Republican party even at the risk of Mr. Obama winning the presidency. Either way Mr. McCain or his opponent will result of more of the same crap-ola in Washington DC. There is very little difference to distinguish any of the current contenders. The elitist's will bring this country to ruins sooner than later in my estimation and we will have to rebuild this country as it was originally intended in the late 1700's. I hope it will not come to that end.

Blue_Hoss Great post welcome to Alipac

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast