Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Abolish state Commissions on Hispanic/Latino Affairs?

ALIPACers,

I'm taking a survey...

Does your state have a tax funded Commission on Hispanic/Latino Affairs?

Ohio does and it has supported the creation of sanctuary cities, using state tax dollars.

To see a list of sanctuary cities, go here:

http://www.OJJPAC.org/sanctuary.asp

I plan to ask the legislature to abolish the Commission since it is using state funds to encourage law enforcement not to work with ICE, as required by federal law.

I suggest you find out if your state has a similar Commission and find out if they are doing the same things with your tax dollars.

With so many state budgets facing deficits, this is a good time to eliminate such ethnocentric political commissions which serve narrow interests--which include illegal aliens.

By the way, I'm in GA now and headed towards FL. Anyone living near 95? I'd be happy to stop off at an exit and say hello if you're on the way!

If there are any rally's down here in the next week or two, let me know...I'll try to fit into my schedule!

[/url]
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Our Government

Our Government should NOT recognize ANY ethnic backgrounds of people and it SHOULD treat ALL citizens and legal immigrants with complete equality, which is actually opposite from what is going on today.

Great work Steve! On top of the official list of sanctuary cities, there are countless others who have adopted sanctuary like policies, but have no formal mandate on the matter. One that comes to mind is Santa Ana, California, part of the 47th district, represented by illegal invader loving Rep.loretta sanchez.

As we all know, there are many others.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree. Hispanic/Latino Commissions only promote "special treatment" to one group instead of EQUALITY FOR ALL AMERICAN ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS... GO FOR IT and ABOLISH IT!!!!!

Great idea, Steve!
    As far as rallies in FL, check out TeaPartyPatriots.org as there are quite a few scheduled for April 15-17. (And if you get to Miami Beach, check out the Cuban roast pork at the Fountainebleu.)
    Have fun!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Governments in this country long ago turned against the average US citizen and towards policies that favor "minorities" even if they are not even citizens of this country. I think you will find it nearly everywhere. This is another factor that makes an amnesty of illegal aliens scary. They will come under the 1964 Civil Rights Act provisions, even though they are an addition to our culture from other nations. And they could also sponsor their relatives to qualify for these programs.

Last fall I went into an office that helped people to qualify for the first time home buyers assistance. They also mentioned that they have low interest down payment assistance available-----IF you belong to a minority. These kinds of programs are found throughout our state and federal agencies. A few years ago I worked on a public transit project that had a minority contractor running the work. They are given preference for projects like that. It was badly managed and, overall, the project is well known as a tremendous money waster that has helped push our transit agency further into the red.

Our city government is establishing police commissions that will usurp the internal control that has always existed previously. It is being done under the pressure of interest groups that complain about racial profiling. So now they won't be able to use profiling as an investigative tool---although organizations like the FBI or SEC use profiling of whites to investigate other crimes. How far will this assault on legitimate police work go?

Lawless people already get a lot of breaks here----for years I have seen widespread tax evasion in my industry. Now, other groups are saying: Give me special awards and keep your laws away from me. I doubt that a Republican controlled Congress would do much better; they would just start giving big financial awards to their insiders, too.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

In answer to your question:
    http://www.oregon.gov/Hispanic/index.shtml

Welcome to the official website of the Oregon Commission on Hispanic Affairs.

The Commission has served Oregon Latinos since 1983 working towards economic, social, political and legal equality. This generation of Latinos faces some challenging times and issues that make the Commissions work important to the community and to the State of Oregon. Your participation is equally important. While much remains to be done, the Commission is steadfast in its commitment to its mission to work toward economic, social and legal equality for Oregon's Hispanic population.
    Commission on Hispanic Affairs

The Commission on Hispanic Affairs was created by the 1983 Legislative Assembly to work for the implementation of economic, social, legal, and political equality for Hispanics in Oregon. The Commission monitors existing programs and legislation to ensure that the needs of Hispanics in Oregon are met. The Commission researches problems and issues and recommends appropriate action, maintains a liaison between the Hispanic community and government entities, and encourages Hispanic representation on state boards and commissions
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Idaho has one.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

So far we have 3 states with similar Commissions. Thanks for the replies.

Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org