Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

thanks phred

When available I'll print off the list and call from work tomorrow!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Because he is a Senator they don't sign.
    Sorry, thought he could sign as a co sponser... of the bill but he has not... at least I didn't see his name.
    The Discharge Petition is on the House side only for Congress members right now.
    I understand, my mistake.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For anyone that was curious about the delta (differences) between the Actual Save Act bill vs. the Discharge Petition, Numbers has it:

http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/attrition.html

I still have to go through and compile the list of bill signers and have failed to sign onto the discharge petition (this evening maybe...?)

I just sent my email to McNerney - 11th District. I noticed he is not on any of the list of supporting the Save Act of the Discharge Petition.

I've worked on my list a few weeks ago - but I will restart again 1st thing thursday morning.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Save Act "Weasel" List -
    (SAVE ACT Signers; but failed to sign Discharge Petition)

Dems:

(Ala.) - Rep. Cramer
    (Ala.) - Rep. Davis
    (Ark.) - Rep. Berry
    (Ark.) - Rep. Ross
    (Calif.) - Rep. McNerny
    (Colo.) - Rep. Perlmutter
    (Colo.) - Rep. Udall
    (Fla.) - Rep. Boyd
    (Fla.) - Rep. Klein
    (Ga.) - Rep. Bishop
    (Ga.) - Rep. Marshall
    (Ill.) - Rep. Bean
    (Ind.) - Rep. Hill
    (Ind.) - Rep. Visclosky
    (Iowa) - Rep. Boswell
    (La.) - Rep. Melancon
    (Mich.) - Rep. Stupak
    (N.H.) - Rep. Hodes
    (N.Y.) - Rep. Arcuri
    (N.Y.) - Rep. Gillibrand
    (N.Y.) - Rep. Higgins
    (Ohio) - Rep. Ryan
    (Ohio) - Rep. Space
    (Okla.) - Rep. Boren
    (Pa.) - Rep. Altmire
    (Pa.) - Rep. Holden
    (Pa.) - Rep. Murphy
    (Pa.) - Rep. Murtha
    (Pa.) - Rep. Sestak
    (Tenn.) - Rep. Cohen
    (Tenn.) - Rep. Cooper
    (Tenn.) - Rep. Davis
    (Tenn.) - Rep. Gordon
    (Tenn.) - Rep. Tanner
    (Texas) - Rep. Rodriguez
    (Utah) - Rep. Matheson
    (Va.) - Rep. Boucher
    (Wash.) - Rep. Baird
    (Wis.) - Rep. Kagen

Repubs:

(Ariz.) Rep. Franks
    (Iowa) - Rep. King
    (La.) - Rep. Baker
    (W.V.) - Rep. Moore Capito

Steve King from Iowa hasn't signed??

He's usually with us.

I'll call Rep. Melissa Bean in Illinois again and see what's going on?!

Cook County Office

1622 E Algonquin Road, Suite L
    Schaumburg, IL 60173

Phone: 847-925-0265

Fax: 847-925-0288

Carol Shea Porter hasn't signed either as usual. Her voting record is D-. I have let her know many times she is an elected official and can be un-elected. Every time I go to my PO Box I have at least 2-3 letters from her. I let her know R-Jeb Bradely who held the office before her had an A- voting record, she is pathetic and I will do everything I can to get her out of there.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

There's a discussion on SAVE in the Corner on the NRO:

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

SAVE the petition [David Freddoso]

A staffer in the know sends an update on the discharge petition for the SAVE border enforcement bill sponsored by Rep. Heath Shuler (D-N.C.). The political shennanigans continue as Shuler and other Democrats go out of their way to mischaracterize the situation.

The number (signing the petition) has gone up slightly...to 175 Republicans and 10 Democrats. Shuler told his local rotary club that the reason it wouldn’t get the 218 signatures is because Republicans won’t sign on — ha!

Just to clarify, the bill has 49 Democratic co-sponsors, and only ten Democratic signers of the discharge petition. The petition needs 218 signatures to put the bill on the floor against the will of the House leadership.

Freshman Rep. Jason Altmire (D-Pa.), who will not sign, has a particularly cynical approach to explaining his position — just lie and try to confuse people:

Altmire said in CQ yesterday that he wouldn’t sign a discharge petition on the SAVE Act because Republicans are pushing amnesty and he wants to see the SAVE Act have a vote — again, not following that logic.

Specifically, here's the relevant CQ excerpt:

[i]For incumbents such as Altmire, though, there is an additional challenge: the need at some point to match rhetoric with action. Signing a discharge petition on the Shuler bill might accomplish that, but Altmire has nevertheless decided against it, because he doesn’t trust Republicans— who, as the filers of the petition, would assume control over floor debate on the bill if they discharge it — to be as enforcement-minded as they profess.

“Every time the Republicans have had the chance to deal with the issue, they bring amnesty to the table,â€

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast