Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Steve King from Iowa hasn't signed??

He's usually with us.
    It shows he signed the bill but not the discharge pitition
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Krikorian's take:

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Re: SAVE the Petition [Mark Krikorian]

David: As I understand it, some Democrats who co-sponsored Heath Shuler's immigration-enforcement bill aren't signing the discharge petition because their co-sponsorship was just for CYA purposes for November. If the bill actually came to the floor, they might have to put their vote where their mouth is, as it were. That may happen in any case, though — I also hear that Homeland Security Committee Chairman Benny Thompson has scheduled a full committee hearing on the bill for April 10.

04/02 05:46 PM

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... FlZDBjM2I=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Steve King from Iowa hasn't signed??

He's usually with us.
    It shows he signed the bill but not the discharge pitition
    I'm surprised that King hasn't signed the DP. Does anyone know why?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Krikorian's take:

David: As I understand it, some Democrats who co-sponsored Heath Shuler's immigration-enforcement bill aren't signing the discharge petition because their co-sponsorship was just for CYA purposes for November. If the bill actually came to the floor, they might have to put their vote where their mouth is, as it were. That may happen in any case, though — I also hear that Homeland Security Committee Chairman Benny Thompson has scheduled a full committee hearing on the bill for April 10.

Thats exactly what Sessions said!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Altmire said in CQ yesterday that he wouldn’t sign a discharge petition on the SAVE Act because Republicans are pushing amnesty and he wants to see the SAVE Act have a vote — again, not following that logic.
    What does this guy take us for, a bunch of complete idiots? It's a known fact that a heavy majority of U.S. House Republicans do not support amnesty in any form!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Krikorian's take:

Thanks for the intel Populist. We all need to expose this CYA strategy.
    Lets call these RINOs and tell them that the fix is in.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Krikorian's take:

Thats exactly what Sessions said!
    I think that is why Kanjorski signed the Petition. He is sure that the other Dems won't sign it and he knows he's in trouble with Barletta challenging him. WELL, if Barletta is smart he'll talk about his own track record on the issue and challenge Kanjorski why he dragged his feet on the signing. Also why the other Dems wouldn't follow his lead if he is so good of leader. Barletta can use this to his advantage.

Populist, LawEnforcer, etc - As far as I know, I cannot confirm that Steve King has signed the Discharge Petition. That also surprised me as I was compiling the lists above. Feel free to double check me, but unless I screwed up, that is correct. (Might be worth a call and inquiry as to why not...?)

Just a note about the current numbers here - if I counted correctly, there are 37 Dems in the most recent 'weasel' list, and 4 Repubs, for a total of 41.

As of right now, 33 more signatures are needed for the discharge petition.

Phred, Sosad,

Looks like Steve King did sign the discharge petition, #55.

http://clerk.house.gov/110/lrc/pd/petitions/Dis5.htm

We'll have to work on the others.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast