Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tex

I agree

I agree with pinestrawguy but i wouldnt waste my breath on shakes. But i would like to make a point ive made in the past. Illegals broke the law coming here hence making them illegal. There is a price to be paid and America is owed a debt.You can not break our laws for any reason and not pay a price. Nobody should be able to come here illegally and use fraudulent documents (Identidy theft)(fraud) to work and make money and not be punished but rewarded. If it is a new policy to reward criminal behavior then we need to open our prison doors and let people go. Corporate America is pushing this Immigration reform to lower wages and left wing radicalist has joined the cause.

Our borders have to be secured and that is the bottom line. If your house doors stay open all the time sooner are later your going to be robbed. How hard is this to understand! Anybody who wants an open border is secretly promoting illegal immigration and other illegal activity.

Re: Against Illegals but here is a suggestion

You can easily find which companies are hiring illegals at
    http://www.wehirealiens.com

And my bones of contention all along have been all the costs associated with illegal immigration....costs that the American taxpayer pays but for the most part receives little to no benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by shakes
    Please seperate illegal immigration issue from good business practices
    and concentrate more on the COST and the SECURITY risks of illegals.

I boycott companies that hire illegals not because the illegals take
    American jobs because the illegals cost tax money that should of
    benefit Americans. In addition, there is security risks.

========================
    In general, I am

Against:
    Illegal Immigration
    Non-citizens/residents taking away benefits from Americans tax money
    Non-citizens/residents as security risk

Support:
    Cheap Labor
    International Commerce
    Legal Immigration

========================
    My decision on this issue:

Because I believe the Cost of Illegals on our society in addition
    to the security risk is higher than the benefit of the cheap
    labor, therefore, I am against illegal immigration.

Boycotting businesses as a mean to support anti-illegal immigration
    is the only power we have since we can't count on the Federal/State
    government.

========================
    So what I did:

Searched on the net for info on companies that support illegals
    and found this forum.

I was just about to join you guys until
    I read messages such as:
    Cheaper Wages
    American jobs being taken away
    Buy American

I am not saying that we shouldn't encourage buying Americans but
    What does any of these have anything to do w/ stopping Illegal Immigration?
    Should we be stopping illegal immigration
    because they are willing to work for less or
    because they cost us more than they benefit us?

I support you guys on stopping illegal immigration not because of cheaper wages but because the cheaper wages came w/ a cost that is even more than the savings on the wages.

As an American, I welcome any competition because competition makes us better and more innovative.
    Any MEANS TO DETER competition is FUTILE & will only decrease our motivation, profit, eventually innovation.
    Innovation + Cheap Labor = Good Business
    The fact is that 99% of the letters typed on this forum were typed on keyboards outside of USA.

I will bookmark this forum to keep track of companies to boycott.
    Suggestion: Someone should keep a total list of all the companies and posted it on the forum every once in a while.

I appreciate what everyone is doing on this forum but like to suggest leaving the arguements such as "taking away American jobs" out of the equation.

I am really disappointed w/ you guys.
    I didn't have to put negative and personal attacks to make a point.
    The only thing you know about me is my username "shakes"; any other info are just speaking out of ignorance because they are not facts.

Things like "shakes" never done hard labor proves what?
    Since there is no way of knowing me, you are either just ignorant or simply doing it to discredit me. Because the truth is ugly.

So what is your solution to global competition?
    Stop global trade? Take over the world and make everyone live like Americans? Run up the cost of businesses until we are no longer competitive? What is your solution to competite w/ developing country w/ China or India for technology?

Don't just discredit me, come up w/ a solution. I did.
    Just like any politicians, when they don't have a solution, they use pscyhology and negative remarks.

And please keep in mind, I am against illegal immigrants because they cost more than they benefit.

Re: Against Illegals but here is a suggestion

[quote="barkway"]You can easily find which companies are hiring illegals at
    http://www.wehirealiens.com

>> Thanks for the link, exactly what I am looking for.

And my bones of contention all along have been all the costs associated with illegal immigration....costs that the American taxpayer pays but for the most part receives little to no benefit.

>> I agree w/ your completely and like to add that the illegal flow is a security concern as well.

Shakes,
    Do you support "free trade," or "fair trade?"
    globalism?

Americans' jobs going to foreign nationals (ie. Tata, H-1B, L-1)?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

[quote="Coto"]Shakes,
    Do you support "free trade," or "fair trade?"
    globalism?

I support globalism because we don't have a choice when everyone else does.

Everyone may have slightly differnt view of "free trade" or "fair trade", please provide definition and I will answer accordingly.

Banned
    Things like "shakes" never done hard labor proves what?
    It proves that you have a total disconnect. You talk about cheap labor in the way you do because you either A) have never worked a hard day in your life or B) you don't give a rat's behind about the Americans that DO.

Because the truth is ugly.
    And so is your disdain for the American worker.

What is your solution to competite w/ developing country w/ China or India for technology?
    My solution would have been NEVER to have GIVEN them the technology in the FIRST place. (Thank you, Bill Clinton )

Should we be stopping illegal immigration because they are willing to work for less or because they cost us more than they benefit us?
    Both.

It proves that you have a total disconnect. You talk about cheap labor in the way you do because you either A) have never worked a hard day in your life or B) you don't give a rat's behind about the Americans that DO.

And so is your disdain for the American worker.

>> I will no longer address any personal attack. It is simply irrelevent and meaningless. Even if I do personally came from a poor family and worked a hard day of labor every day, I would have show no class to prove someone who argues by negative comments.

My solution would have been NEVER to have GIVEN them the technology in the FIRST place. (Thank you, Bill Clinton )

>> Too late and still irrelevent. Any savings of cheap labor in China go to pockets of corporations and government in China. They take the money and put it in R&D to come up w/ the technology anyways if they can't get it from US. For ex. Space Technology.

Economy builds technology, technology enables economy, economy feeds the governement ............ The more burden you have in any part of this loop, the less effecient and less competitive in Technology, Economy, and in Foreign Policy you become.

You guys talk about no sympathy for illegals which I completely agree. For the same reason, we also no longer have the capacity to show sympathy for people to not want to improve in regardless of who they are.

shakes. You are entitled to your view but I feel you are completely wrong on this one.

I am completely, unequivocally against globalism. I personally feel the US needs to pull completely out of world affairs and clean house (and our house desperately needs cleaning). Let the world live on its own for while see how they like not having the US there to fight the fights they won't or give them financial aid when they need it. I know the world would really not like that. And while we are at it get the hell out of the UN, stop funding them, and kick them out of our country. Isolationism.

You guys talk about no sympathy for illegals which I completely agree. For the same reason, we also no longer have the capacity to show sympathy for people to not want to improve in regardless of who they are.
    So exactly what are you trying to say here, shakes? That we are not trying to improve our lives by seeking other types of employment? Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that most of us cannot afford to just up and quit working at our current jobs and SOMEHOW find the money to go back to college? Most of the people losing their jobs are middle aged or better and have family and bills to take care of. And, most of us are not born with a silver spoon in our mouths, either. Not just that, we LIKE doing the jobs that the illegals are taking. Forgive me for not wanting to become a scientist, engineer, or a doctor. We come from all backgrounds, all classes, and all races. All of us here on this board want the same things. We want our borders secured, the criminal aliens out, and we want our government to stand up and do what's right for the AMERICAN people instead of bowing down to illegals and the wants of big business. That is our right, to have a government who represents US, the American citizens! That's the way it's supposed to be. Instead, we have a bunch of corrupt elected officals looking out for themselves. And, NO, I don't agree and NEVER have agreed with the sellout to communist China. NAFTA was the worst thing that ever happened to our country and the illegal immigration issue is only further destroying us. Ross Perot saw it coming, hell, he predicted what would happen and it has happened. We are fighting to stop the further destruction of this once great nation. As for me, I am going to college, a community college and it's putting a strain on our finances. I am trying to become a nurse at 41 years old. It's not easy to go back to school in mid-life, nor is it easy to give up a paycheck while I am doing it. Alot of people won't get the chance to even do what I am trying to do because they still have kids at home. What are their options when the job they have worked at all their lives is taken by an illegal? Welfare? Working at 3 or 4 minimum wage jobs just to survive? I say screw big business and all the greed it has! We have been sold out, there is no loyalty to America in the big business sector and I, personally, hope to see it all come crashing down on them one day. Maybe then, they will understand how we feel.
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast