Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have started a thread at the areckoning forum for those looking to share travel expenses if they are coming from outside of Texas. Go to areckoning.com and click on A Reckoning Blog on the right hand side. You will have to register to get to the members only area. I put it in the members only area to lessen the chances of goons throwing a wrench into the works. Plus you will be able to coordinate via pm.

I apologize for the delay in getting this update posted.
    We have secured an area for the protest. Our rally will be held on the football stadium parking lot near the Crawford Community Center on 4th Street. Time is 1:00 - 4:00 p.m on Saturday May 6. Confirmed speakers are Terry Anderson, John Clark of AIC, Rick Oltman of FAIR, Lupe Moreno of LAIR, Frank Jorge, Cathie Adams of Texas Eagle Forum and Shannon McGauley of the Texas Minutemen. Invited but not yet confirmed are Jim Gilchrist, Chris Simcox and Bay Buchanan.
    A secondary part of this rally is a post card campaign to let President Bush know how disappointed (or pissed off.. your choice) we are with his total lack of enforcement of our laws. Over the next 2 months we are asking people to send a post card with the name of their town or city on it (As in "Greetings from sunny San Diego") to our post office box in Crawford. In the message area, write a brief statement regarding illegal immigration. My personal choice is "Guest worker program = Amnesty! NO AMNESTY!" The point of the post card campaign is that we are feeling the effects of illegal immigration in our home towns and we want Bush to know it. Sort of a from our home town to yours type thing. As the Bush ranch is actually 8 miles outside of Crawford, after our rally we will have a caravan drive out past the ranch. We are working on scheduling to have a presidential aide available to accept the postcards. If we can get an aide there, the last car in the caravan will stop and present the postcards to the aide. If not, we will overnight them to Washington DC.

The address to send the postcards to is:
    Homefrontal Assault
    P O Box 266
    Crawford, TX 76638

Please come to the rally if you possibly can.

Thanks,
    Missy

Great idea, Missy. I have copied and pasted the part about the post card from your message to send to friends and family. We may be too far away to get there but we can sure send a post card.

I wonder, though, since they are supposed to have a weekly meeting about this between now and and the end of the month, since one of the subjects they plan to dicker over is an amnesty clause, and since the vote is scheduled for March 27, do you think May could be too late?

Having been sick as a half dead dog lately, I've spent a lot of time channel flipping through all the different news channels. There is information on all of them, conflicting as usual, about the upcoming plight of illegal aliens. They have stalled around and stalled around for several years now.

Once again, I completely understand why people are confused. One station says something, another says the exact opposite. A few days later, the one who said "yay" says "nay" and vise-versa. It's like a three ring circus!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd
    MissT4TX,
    Thank you for your efforts and please post updates. There are people who "claim" to be on our side that are unable or unwilling to acknowledge the problem. Lack of federal immigration law enforcement at the border, the interior and the workplace. And that is the responsibility of the executive branch of the federal government.(not congress) And of course, the person who sets immigration law enforcement policy is the chief executive, aka the president, and right now that person is Bush.
    In other words Bush is the problem and finally someone is protesting Bush.

Junius,
    Even if the Senate attaches a guest worker program to HR4437 or creates a new piece of legislation, it still has to go back to the House so I think we still have some time.

dxd,
    You don't know how right you are. I have spent the last 2 days doing damage control because a supposed immigration reform advocate is telling the members of their group to not attend this function. What arrogance to assume that your group members don't have enough intelligence to decide for themselves which events they should or should not attend! But it's all good. The group members that have contacted me have all been supportive of our efforts.

Hope to see you folks there!

Once again, I completely understand why people are confused. One station says something, another says the exact opposite. A few days later, the one who said "yay" says "nay" and vise-versa. It's like a three ring circus!
    It's Ironies and Opposites.

It's purpose is to confuse the American People.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

dxd
    MissT4TX
    RE:I have spent the last 2 days doing damage control because a supposed immigration reform advocate is telling the members of their group to not attend this function

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about. People like this are part of the problem because they refuse to acknowledge that in The United States of America, law enforcement is an EXECUTIVE function.

If someone wants to be a castrated, spineless, brain-dead, kool aid drinking, kneeling, surrendering Bush worshipper, they have every right to be, however we have every right to know what their position really is if they want to claim that they are on our side and solicit contributions.

Pointing this out is NOT being decisive. It is preventing your fellow American from getting sold out. I would like to know who this is in particular so I can make sure I never send them any contributions. If you prefer not to post it would you consider sending me an
    e-mail through the ALIPAC administrator?

Junius,
    Even if the Senate attaches a guest worker program to HR4437 or creates a new piece of legislation, it still has to go back to the House so I think we still have some time.
    Am I the only person who sees that they have been monkeying around for YEARS now, arguing over how to fix this immigration problem? Am I the only person who realizes the implication that the eleven million illegal aliens inside our borders in 2000 has grown to AT LEAST 20 Million in 2006? How many will we have by the end of this month? Next month? Next year?

So what does the country stand to gain by the people we elected to legislate for us kicking out the bills, one after another, starting over again time after time with new, revised, watered down bills, and more red tape and ass-kissing controversy. Are they all brain damaged? Can none of them make a decision? What in hell is the matter with them?

I don't think we do "have time." I don't think we can afford one more minute of time. I don't think they should have stalled it off to the end of March. I think that when the laws were made in the 80's someone should have enforced them!

I'll be honest with you, I'm getting frustrated knowing that every night while I'm sleeping another couple thousand illegal aliens are snuck across the border and holed up in American hotel rooms awaiting some trucker, some guy with a van, someone smarmy, to take them further into the land I thought was mine.

I resent every day-- every minute-- that our capricious, uncaring legislators put off passing the bills that would put a stop to this mayhem that eats our land from within. I resent every minute that one more enforcement agent sits on his hands either because he/she wants or because his boss told him NOT to enforce the existing laws of this country.

I resent every penny spent to feed the unruly kids of illegal aliens, to buy the medication to get the lice out of their hair, to pay some woman's hospital bill so she can drop another anchor baby, to patch up another gun-shot or stabbed gang member in the emergency room. I resent sending illegal alien kids to the schools that were built for my children and my grandchildren to attend.

I resent the paper used to print up hundreds of news articles telling us that these people commit hundreds upon hundreds of crimes daily yet we are supposed to feel sorry for them because they only came to take our jobs, not our kids' lives, not our grandmother's medication, not our children's education.

Please don't take offence or thing I'm attacking you, dxd. I'm not. I'm just fed up!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd
    RE:Even if the Senate attaches a guest worker program to HR4437 or creates a new piece of legislation, it still has to go back to the House so I think we still have some time.

If the senate makes ANY changes to HR4437 it goes to conference. Whatever comes out of conference must then be passed by the house and senate and signed by the prez.

If the senate creates a new piece of legislation it then goes to the house. If it is passed EXACTLY as is, it then goes to the prez. If there are ANY changes it goes to conference and whatever comes out of conference must be passed by the house and senate and signed by the prez.

dxd, I am aware of all that. I learned it in grade school that, theoretically, that is how our government is supposed to work. What puzzles me is why in the world they can't make a decision on anything--anything. They wait until things get so far out of hand that all they seem to be able to make is excuses why nothing anyone else thinks of will work.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast