Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romans 5:8
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do it William. The public needs a voice that will give them pure facts. Maybe you could have Geraldo Rivera on as a guest.
    <div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>

This is a good idea. Any further media outlet to spread our pro-law enforcement, anti-amnesty message is a positive thing.

Podcasts are a good idea for those unable to listen live.

And I like the idea that this would be action-oriented (not just preaching to the choir), e.g. specific information on legislation, news items, and whom to call, fax, write etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Talk radio is a very powerful medium. Terry Anderson has a show in a time slot that many would maintain is less than ideal, but he has developed quite a following. Don't let this opportunity pass by, William!

I'm excited about it. I think it is a great opportunity and will many more doors for ALIPAC.

Are you allowed to have guests; i.e., perhaps victims of illegal aliens sharing their stories with questions and comments from the listening audience?

I too, think this is awesome !!

As far as the time slot, because your talk show will be new. Is it kosher to remind people to tune in to your show say like on Saturday. Put a bulletin out like we see for numbers USA when an action alert is pending? People read ALIPAC daily and if we see on Saturday to tune into your show on Sunday I think that would be a big boost.

Now, forgive my ignorance. How would someone from out of state tune in. I would love to listen each week !!!
    CherieDawn

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all dayÂ* ~grin

Don't mean to burst your bubble or excitement...

...talk radio is one hellava lot of work.

It could eat a lot of your bandwidth in order to make sure that you have the material, videos, audio, topics, announcements, etc...so that you don't get caught with blanks, pregnant pauses, etc., while on air.

Rush has gone over this, Savage has touched on this, even Geoff Metcalfe has talked about it. The time script has to be completely filled or you hurt yourself...

Suggestions:

Either A

...throw the entire website behind it - including associated websites...and YOU control the discussions...

or

B

...do what Dr. Bill Wattenburg does, a short monoloque at the top of the hour but otherwise throw the lines wide open to the listeners - 15 to 20 callers each hour...let the listeners (FCC compliant) anger, fustration, injustices, double-standards and in some cases, their terrible tragedies involving illegal immigration fill the air.

In terms of your personality, voice, abilities to hold and argument - I doubt anyone questions your ability to be a presence on talk radio.

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Sure, why not?

Do you know anything about a potential format? Just curious.
    I"m looking for info about formats now so we can design the show. Knowing when the commercials will play etc and when we talk and all that.

Yes, I will be able to have guests and call in comments.

W

Quote Originally Posted by JDPA
    Do it William. The public needs a voice that will give them pure facts. Maybe you could have Geraldo Rivera on as a guest.

Oh, I would eagerly pay to have an opportunity to face off with Geraldo. That would bring me great satisfaction.

W

Quote Originally Posted by CherieDawn
    I too, think this is awesome !!

As far as the time slot, because your talk show will be new. Is it kosher to remind people to tune in to your show say like on Saturday. Put a bulletin out like we see for numbers USA when an action alert is pending? People read ALIPAC daily and if we see on Saturday to tune into your show on Sunday I think that would be a big boost.

Now, forgive my ignorance. How would someone from out of state tune in. I would love to listen each week !!!
    My website for the show will have an email alert sign up feature that will allow us to send emails Fri before the show reminding people to tune in and telling them about special guests and topics of discussion.

The show will be broadcast on the web and a few traditional radio stations at first. I will have to work hard and get a good deal of listener support if we want to syndicate the show to broader markets on more stations.

I will also have to find some advertisers.

W

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast