Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrabbit
    Don't mean to burst your bubble or excitement...

...talk radio is one hellava lot of work.

It could eat a lot of your bandwidth in order to make sure that you have the material, videos, audio, topics, announcements, etc...so that you don't get caught with blanks, pregnant pauses, etc., while on air.

Rush has gone over this, Savage has touched on this, even Geoff Metcalfe has talked about it. The time script has to be completely filled or you hurt yourself...

Suggestions:

Either A

...throw the entire website behind it - including associated websites...and YOU control the discussions...

or

B

...do what Dr. Bill Wattenburg does, a short monoloque at the top of the hour but otherwise throw the lines wide open to the listeners - 15 to 20 callers each hour...let the listeners (FCC compliant) anger, fustration, injustices, double-standards and in some cases, their terrible tragedies involving illegal immigration fill the air.

In terms of your personality, voice, abilities to hold and argument - I doubt anyone questions your ability to be a presence on talk radio.

=

I will do my best to avoid any "Dead Air" which is the radio term for silent pauses that lose listeners fast. I will also strive to avoid saying "ummm" or anything that people do as they formulate thoughts.

I did some radio back in College on the graveyard shift and my first shows were recorded so i could play them back and study them. I think I said the word "like" as in valley girl talk "Like fer sure" about 100 times! I was inserting the word like in sentences where I was like trying to figure out like what I should say next. While that like seemed natural to me when I was talking it was like sorta weird when played back.

One of my number one goals is to have fun with this.

For others to enjoy my show, I'm going to have to enjoy it myself.

I'm not afraid of hard work.

I will not be using the ALIPAC websites to promote the show except to announce that I will be starting one.

We are going to have to build up a whole new website for the new show and people can post links to it here and comment on content here, but the show will be a separate operation altogether.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Excellent idea William,

I enjoy listening to you speak and I believe that the more the American people hear the true facts about Illegal Immigration, what it has done to this country and continues to do the better chance we will have of defeating these Anmesties our Gov. keeps throwing at us.

Wishing you great success!!!!!
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

I also think it would be a great idea, one thing for sure is we do not have enought voices out there for our side, and so many important issures in this country to deal with.

>>RED ALERT" "ACTION NEEDED NOW!!"<<
    PLEASE MAKE CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS.....
    They stripped the ag's bill, but left H-2B visa's for more than 400,000

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-116344.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    William..I like the idea. I believe you will reach more people. I believe especially that segment of the population that doesn't like the internet (like my Dad) but will listen to talk radio constantly. Also, those who simply may not have access to the internet on a regular basis. Anyway, I will be listening and I wish you great success.

Talk radio show today....your own show on TV NEXT!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why not There are radio stations all across the country with the Name LaRaza in their names, we need more voices for America regardless of their race.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

yes go for it.
    ive seen you speak on TV and have heard you speak on the radio and think you have done a great job in the past and think you can continue doing a good job in this new adventure.

Chris Simcox and Terry Anderson do it. so why cant you

This is really exciting news William! I say GO FOR IT!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But I want to make my show action oriented, sorta like NEWS YOU CAN USE. Or News that challenges the listener to take action.
    I like it ! Several people have said to me " I don't know how to go about it" , when I ask them to take action. I think it's a great way to reach more people. IMO We need to take "IT" to the people, the sooner the better. It's about awareness. There's lots of people out there who need the direction, myself included, that an "action' program could reach. Also, in my opinion, the reason ALIPAC is so successful, is because of the interaction. It's uplifting to know there is strength in numbers. There are already attacks on our First Amendment rights, as you know. That must be stopped.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Great news, William! You have a great personality and it comes through on your radio and tv appearances. I think the most important quality for any talk show host is PASSION! Two hours can fly by quickly if you really have a good format...you can't really cover TOO many topics at once...but, instead you have to delve into one or two subjects in great depth.

My personal preference is an opening monologue for the first 15 min. segment...followed up with callers on the topic of the day. Everyone LOVES to listen to the personal experiences and stories from their fellow citizens. It validates and brings us together...just like your website here at ALIPAC. It would be great to have a special guest during the second hour...sprinkled with questions from callers.

Talk radio is our biggest weapon in the battle against illegal immigration! You will be great! You have all the knowledge at your fingertips!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast