Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC RED ALERT THURS!

WILL DO

WILL DO! This madness has got to stop.WE THE PEOPLE ARE NOT BEING REPRESENTED BY THE PEOPLE WE SEND TO WASHINGTON. BUT YOU CAN TAKE THIS TO THE BANK, THEY ARE REALLY LOOKING OUT FOR MEXICO AND MEXICO'S ILLEGAL CITIZENS. I will do whatever it takes to put these people in their place. I have had more than enough of this S---.United We Stand Devided We Fall.

I'll try to get up @ 6, I should set my alarm.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Grumble, grumble... Why can't the Congress Critters ever do this when I don't want to sleep in?

I'll be signed in and ready!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll be here. But actually I think this bill is veto proof because of the amount of votes in both the Senate and the House.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The word veto comes from a Latin word and literally means I forbid. It is used to denote that a certain party has the right to stop unilaterally a certain piece of legislation. In practice, the veto can be absolute (as in the U.N. Security Council, whose permanent members can block any resolution) or limited (as in the legislative process of the United States, where two-thirds of Congress can override the President's veto).

A veto gives power, possibly unlimited, to stop changes, but not to adopt them. The influence that the veto conveys to its holder is therefore directly proportional to the holder's conservatism, broadly defined. The more the holder likes the current state of affairs, the more useful the veto.

The veto originated with the Roman consuls and tribunes. Either of the two consuls holding office in a given year could block a military or civil decision by the other; any tribune had the power to unilaterally refuse legislation passed by the Roman Senate.[citation needed]
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I'll be up and ready. I don't have to start work until around 10am.

jecg_97030:

Excellent letter!

Quote Originally Posted by jecg_97030
    I went to Congress.org and wrote to my Senators and Congressman in advance since I'll be in meetings all morning tomorrow. Here's what I wrote:

Senate Mexican Truck Bill - NO VETO

September 12, 2007

Dear Senator,

I was pleased to wake up this morning to hear that the Dorgan Bil to defund the dangerous and ill conceived Mexican Truck Pilot Program was overwhelmingly passed in the Senate.

My next thought was, this pitiful excuse for a President will probably veto the bill as soon as it hits his desk. I don't know why he is so determined to sell out our country and our safety.

I am writing to you today to ask you and the other members of Congress to put relentless pressure on the Administration to NOT veto this bill. This bill, like the defeat of the Senate Amnesty Bill was born of citizen outrage. It is one of a very few examples of where the will of the people was granted.

Every President is a temporary worker. No President has the right to act like a king or dictator or alter our country for his own personal gain. That is the behavior of our disgraceful leader.

Please stand with your constituents and fight President Bush on our behalf.

Sincerely,

JECG
    I need to leave the house by 6 for a job interview. Would you mind if i plagiarized your letter to send to Boxer, Frankenstein and my rep?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What The H ?? Normally I would say he can't do that since congress passed it with a majority vote but then again we are dealing with a Dictator who has NO use for our constitution.

I'll be here at 9 AM...........
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

OK be hear bright and early, got to get to bed NOW!!
    Nighty night !! Been fun and all that.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Will be ready to rumble!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast