Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC and the Tea Party

Today I received a donation solicitation letter in the mail from ALIPAC, I assume since I've donated before. Along with the letter was a list of ALIPAC's accomplishments in 2010, of those listed there was mention of defending the Tea Party from La Raza and also ALIPAC speaking at 3 Tea Party rallies. Just wondering if ALIPAC is partial to the Tea Party as I saw no mention of the republican party or independants. Lets just say I am not a fan of certain persons affiliated with the Tea Party and want nothing to do with the supporting of that individual in any way. I would think ALIPAC would be wise enough to keep more doors open.

no one is going to agree with those who support for the tea party.
    i mean hell, look at dick armey. he supports both the teaparty AND Amnesty for illegals

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    no one is going to agree with those who support for the tea party.
    i mean hell, look at dick armey. he supports both the teaparty AND Amnesty for illegals
    Thats my point. Why would a PAC that is seeking donations want to alienate (no pun intended) anyone who could be a donor? Work all sides, certainly a bigger pool. If this is "tea party for legal immigration" I'm out.

because one person like dick armey does not speak for the rest of the tea party. Most tea party people want the immigration laws enforced and dont want to give amnesty to illegals.

Any party claiming to be a "Tea Party" has to be vetted. Keep in mind Atex that there really isn't a National Tea Party yet. I can't provide any links at the moment but I remember reading about groups forming themselves as "Tea Parties" in order to subvert actual Tea Parties.

We at Alipac do not blindly endorse anyone, any movement or any thing else without making sure it/they comply with our mission stance.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    because one person like dick armey does not speak for the rest of the tea party. Most tea party people want the immigration laws enforced and dont want to give amnesty to illegals.
    I was more concerned about trailer park Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Any party claiming to be a "Tea Party" has to be vetted. Keep in mind Atex that there really isn't a National Tea Party yet. I can't provide any links at the moment but I remember reading about groups forming themselves as "Tea Parties" in order to subvert actual Tea Parties.

We at Alipac do not blindly endorse anyone, any movement or any thing else without making sure it/they comply with our mission stance.
    While I understand and appreciate the ideals behind the movement it seems that the tea party persona with the largest following is Palin. Thus it would be rational for people to affiliate ALIPAC with her based on using the general term "tea party". Frankly I am not a Palin fan and find her a detriment to the ideals most thinking people would associate with a "tea party". I am vehemently opposed to illegal immigration but do not want to be affiliated with the ideals of a person such as her. In my opinion she is a farce and suffers from a complete lack of character and should not lead much more than a small PTA meeting. Don't mean to offend anyone but I've got some principles and I stick by them. It is hard to be taken seriously when those around you are a poor representation of what you stand for. Beyond catch phrases and sound bytes there must also be a well thought out gameplan for the time when the real work of leading a movement arrives. I am sure we all agree on many things and differ on some too, but I feel that when people think "tea party" they think Palin first and foremost. All the anti establishment rhetoric gets people wound up but in the end will it get anyone elected or bring about any real changes. Thanks again for the reply.

what , you don't love shara palin ????

what world do you come from ??????

can i go there ?

That about says it all.

Now myself I'm a supporter of certain Tea Parties. But also one must realize the TP like Ratbstard said has no national party or national leader. Its a smattering of people with usually conservative or moderate ideals. However as such with no very specific platform besides lessening government and cutting the defecit theres room for all sorts of wacko's still to get in with trying to push certain TP groups one way or another.

Both sides know the TP voice is very strong even w/o leadership. With such both sides have a few that agree in 1 or 2 issues by way off base on others who try and use the fact no national lead TP to gain personal power and influence.

So yah, don't write off the TP because of a couple of wacko's. There are wacko's in the conservative side also and well now all the the democrat side is wacko's now that the blue dog dems are basically finished.

Just ask yourself, do you support smaller government? Do you support less regulation and government involvement in peoples lives? Do you support defecit reduction and elimination? Then you should be a TP member also to try and help mold the TP into the party of tomarrow and keep the wackjobs from abusing and twisting its real agenda. Keep in mind, its just average American Citizens who are the real tea party.

This is just my personal stance. Not ALIPACs and who knows how many others agree. I'm just one voice in a crowd just like here.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012

That about says it all.

Now myself I'm a supporter of certain Tea Parties. But also one must realize the TP like Ratbstard said has no national party or national leader. Its a smattering of people with usually conservative or moderate ideals. However as such with no very specific platform besides lessening government and cutting the defecit theres room for all sorts of wacko's still to get in with trying to push certain TP groups one way or another.

Both sides know the TP voice is very strong even w/o leadership. With such both sides have a few that agree in 1 or 2 issues by way off base on others who try and use the fact no national lead TP to gain personal power and influence.

So yah, don't write off the TP because of a couple of wacko's. There are wacko's in the conservative side also and well now all the the democrat side is wacko's now that the blue dog dems are basically finished.

Just ask yourself, do you support smaller government? Do you support less regulation and government involvement in peoples lives? Do you support defecit reduction and elimination? Then you should be a TP member also to try and help mold the TP into the party of tomarrow and keep the wackjobs from abusing and twisting its real agenda. Keep in mind, its just average American Citizens who are the real tea party.

This is just my personal stance. Not ALIPACs and who knows how many others agree. I'm just one voice in a crowd just like here.
    Thanks for the reply, you make some great points I can agree with. Fact is I serve on the board of two 501's and I like to know exactly where and to whom my money is going. If I feel like I am helping the wrong person in their political aspirations I tend to get a bit wound up, because like most of us I am sick of the rhetoric and am looking for practical solutions. I have to wonder if a certain person announces they are running in 2012 will ALIPAC be donating to them as a PAC? I'd like to think not, but I don't know...thus my questions. I was raised a blue dog and consider myself a moderate today. Looks like I need to send an email to ALIPAC directly, perhaps someone in the office can give me some idea of where they stand officially. Again, thanks for the well thought out responses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast