Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

American citizen? So what.

I've been a lurker on this site for over a year. I have a home in Escondido, California, but I was raised in Dixon, Illinois--hometown of Ronald Reagan. I am a tech worker, out of a job at the moment (but that is due to company downsizing, not an immigration issue.)

I have been trying to come to terms with what has been bothering me a lot lately in the last few years, and so I thought I'd put it out there to you fine folks.

It appears to me that being an American citizen means very little anymore. Same with the constitution. It's almost as if our rights as provided by that document are regarded as "well yeah, that was then, this is now." If you mention our founding fathers, the Framers, in public, you are considered a right-wing whacko-- no different from, say, those Freeman guys in Montana, or Timothy McVeigh.

The government has disconnected from us, telling us to pay taxes and shut up while they pillage the funds from the inside, making themselves very rich while the average joe puts his nose to the grindstone day after day. For instance, what happened to the truckloads of cash, billions of dollars, sent to Iraq in large bundles, and now unaccounted for? Where's the outrage? And even if there were outrage, nobody dares take it to task.

We strip in airports and cower at the orange-level terror warnings, while any nutball can cross from Mexico into Texas with who knows what. and they do.

Millions of people who shouldn't even be here sneer at us and threaten us,
    but if we do anything about it we are racist. Groups like MecHa and La Raza are not only accepted, but FUNDED by our government and yet the Minutemen, a group that openly prides itself on tact and non-violence, is considered basically the kkk.

Illegal aliens steal social security numbers at alarming rates, ruining millions of lives, but yet the IRS goes after the citizens who are victimized.

The message? Shut up, these people are good people here to work, they are innocent victims, so let them have their way. Pay up and shut up.

I've had a bank account number stolen by an illegal, and you would have thought I was the criminal, the way it was handled.

Nobody cares whether an election includes illegal votes. In fact, candidates are pandering to them and counting on them. Same with welfare offices, schools, local governments, businesses, etc.

So what do we do? It seems like the only outlet now is to write our frustrations online. Anytime an ordinance is passed to deal with the problems, the ACLU or some other organization beats it down using federal funds to pay the way. The word is shut up, let it happen, you had your glory days as an American, go to the end of the line now.

Well i'm here to tell you, though I'm not doing so bad economically, I'm suffering morally. Why can every other nation protect their own (witness canada) yet we can't. We have to just, yeah you got it, shut up.

Well, my friends, I think it's time for action, not just words.
    And with that...I'll shut up now.

Welcome to Alipac Feck. There is a lot of frustration, and understandably so within our nation on the subject of illegal immigration. We welcome your voice, and we hope that you will be active in getting the word out on the damages and dangers due to illegal immigration.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Feck, welcome aboard - "we feel your pain". You make some excellent comments and observations about the current state of affairs in the country. I just have a couple comments to offer...

For one, your experience and feelings are far from atypical. You're in good company here.

Second, as in most points in life involving pain and suffering, you will feel much better about things if you are actively involved in dealing with the situation proactively - in short: jump right in with us! You've got an open invitation...

Third, there are many voices of criticism and accusation from those opposed. When all is said and done, those voices almost always engage in 'mud-slinging' as a means of last (and sometimes first!) resort. This is the tactic of those without an argument. We've seen and heard the range of bogus comments intended to put those that disagree off-balance in an offensive (dual meanings intended) way. That doesn't 'fly' here.

Welcome aboard. Please stick around.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd like to take action also -- mostly at the voting booth, but also in other ways -- I just dont know how to go about it.

I wish there was more I could also DO, besides posting here everyday.

I'd make it my life's goal to get these goons deported out of here.

And at times, I honestly wonder if it's not going to come to a civil war in this country to get anything to change.

Welcome Feck. Good points. We can use your help.

BTW, I'm a big Reagan fan. The Reagan Library & Museum in Simi Valley is wonderful.

Welcome to ALIPAC, Feck! The good thing about this issue is that it has been uniting Americans of vastly different persuasions---and we generally agree that American politics has become very elitist. Personally, I have not belonged to a political party in nearly twenty-five years, but I respect the choice of others, on this board, anyway.

Politicians talk about rewarding those who "play by the rules"--LOL-- I'm still waiting to see it, but hope that grassroots movements such as this will ultimately succeed. I do believe that re: the immigration issue it is not only the work of sneaky political intrigue. It is also largely the result of American cultural trends that we need to face up to and change.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Welcome Feck. Good points. We can use your help.

BTW, I'm a big Reagan fan. The Reagan Library & Museum in Simi Valley is wonderful.
    I second that. I think Reagan is one of the best presidents we ever had. I think he honestly believed that when he signed that amnesty bill, it was a one time deal that would end illegal immigration forever.

WELCOME TO ALIPAC, FECK

I love your name
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Welcome Feck

I use to fish up the hill there at Lake Dixon

You guys in Escondido are working on the illegal problem but
    still have a long way to go

American citizenship these days is just another word for
    someone to kick and steal from to support illegal foreign nationals

Welcome to Alipac Feck !

You write very well so I hope you will stick around and add your thoughts on issues concerning Illegal Immigration .

I think it helps alot to have a place we can voice our frustrations and work together to change our situation.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Welcome Feck...
    I went to high school about 20 years ago in next-door Fallbrook. I haven't been there in years... it used to be a wonderful little town. I'm afraid to see what it may have turned into by now.

Nowdays I come home angry most days from seeing what is happening to this state and my country. It helps to know I'm not the only one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast