Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi redshoes.

I can only offer a couple comments - and I'll try to keep them concise:

1. I'm sorry to learn of your husband's passing. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. God Bless

2. We are service-member friendly here (sticking my neck out and speaking for many people I've never met and probably never will). You are in good and supportive company here.

3. We do have many former and active-duty armed forces people here and we are grateful and supportive of all their efforts - where would we be without them? (Oh yes, some are Marines too )

Best Wishes and a Very Big Welcome to You.

-PhredE
    Mod/Admin guy
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

hi phred...

he died in oregon... portland oregon in a hospice. he retired from swan island. did you know that portland actually has about 50 active-duty marines? funny stuff. if it hadn't been for all that wet stuff, i may have never moved

i moved back to my home state of nc to a town that is surely a sanctuary city. truly, a sanctuary city. and sorry for putting it all out there like that...but sometimes i really do think that my mind and heart will explode with anger and sorrow.

was my country ever really honorable?

redshoes:

Swan Island, oh yeah - I'm in the general area. I know probably exactly where he was at. Yes, I did realize we have a small full contingent of folks from Navy and Marines in town (for those looking on, the OR ANG, AF, and Army generally have more presence here for various reasons...)

Well, I can totally understand anyone wanting to get 'outta Dodge' especially around this time of year. Not everyone is cut out for the
    cool/wet/dark days in the mid-winter; that's for sure.

Best of luck to you in the future and back in your home digs of NC (we have MANY NC forum members here and in fact our main guy William is there too).

I wish I could give an answer to your basic but important question - but I'm afraid that my humble opinion or answer doesn't live up to the scrutiny or import of a family member of a recently passed US service member.
    I'll accept your answer - whatever it is - unquestioningly, at face value.

Please stick around and return when you can.
    I think our forum members would be glad to hear your story and help in any way they can.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Redshoe I am sorry for what you and your husband went through.
    As a former Marine and vet all I can say is Semper Fi!

redshoes....your story is so very sad. Although we've never met, I feel as if your face is so familiar...the face of betrayal by our government.

Your husband was a hero (as all men and women who serve in our military are), and he deserved to be treated better.

PhredE is right...most (if not all) here at ALIPAC respect our men and women who serve in the military. I certainly do.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Re: hi phred...

Quote Originally Posted by redshoes
    he died in oregon... portland oregon in a hospice. he retired from swan island. did you know that portland actually has about 50 active-duty marines? funny stuff. if it hadn't been for all that wet stuff, i may have never moved

i moved back to my home state of nc to a town that is surely a sanctuary city. truly, a sanctuary city. and sorry for putting it all out there like that...but sometimes i really do think that my mind and heart will explode with anger and sorrow.

was my country ever really honorable?

I would like to Welcome YOU Redshoes...
    And this IS A PLACE TO VENT! Our Govt. is NOT a Govt. of Past.
    They have but one concern...THEMSELVES.
    A short quote for your husband and the border agent just murdered:

"Please, DO NOT mourn these Brave Men...Rather, THANK GOD that such Men Lived". (George Patton)
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

WELCOME TO ALIPAC REDSHOES

First, let me offer my deepest condolences on the loss of your husband. He was a hero, and so are you. It takes heroic qualities to keep the family going after something like this. I am so pleased to "meet" you. I lost someone dear to me in a "military accident" He left behind two children that the government has not properly cared for. You are not alone in that. If you need a shoulder, I have two. feel free to pm me when ever you need to vent or just someone to lean on.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to Alipac redshoes. Your story touches the heart. Thank you for sharing this with us and thank you for the sacrifice that both you and your husband have made for us all.

I am sorry that your husband died with the thought of betrayal by our government in regards to his health care and the financial support for you. We learn more and more of these situations and those who give of their lives should have more value placed on them while living and even after they are gone to help support their families.

redshoes wrote
    "I SHOULD HAVE JUST DIED IN IRAQ." i told him, "no honey, then i would not have been able to kiss you good-bye."
    That must have meant so much to your husband to hear you say those words. God Bless you and give you strength for each day.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Welcome, redshoes. Your post broke my heart. Thank you very much for being here with us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234