Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A personal example:

I wrote above that I am unemployed at the mooment (and enjoying it, I must say.) My experience with my last job was makes for a perfect example.

When I started four years ago, I hired on with a company started by a man with a PhD in optics, a scientist. I was employee number 32. We did great things, and made great waves in the field of optometry.

Investors came aboard, and thus the company became incorporated. It grew, and the little family of scientists and engineers grew into quite the production machine.

After several years, to my amazement, the founder, a good and fair man,
    was ousted along with my manager and a slew of others. These were people who all invented and created the magic that made the company
    what it was. A CEO was installed. A businessman with not an inkling of how the magic worked took the helm, and before long, a company that was started by some very smart people became the property of used car salesmen, basically.

Profit became the only concern, not innovation--hell, they didn't even have a clue about how anything worked. They downsized, putting many of us who had created the product out of the fray.

I am not bitter at all, I do what I do, and it's part of the game.
    But do you see what I mean? Once the company was run by a man. You could go to his office, talk to the man, and know where the money went.

Now, the money IS the man. Isn't that funny? Money is a man now! just like you and me!

My job went to India and I am bitter as..... well you know
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree that we rent from the government. And honestly, I don't mind that.

I guess my point is that the reason lawlessness abounds is because the country is not made up of just people anymore, like it used to be. It is made up of us citizens, and also corporations, that are just like people in the eyes of the law, except they can't be held accountable like a person would.

In my humble opinion, that's where the NAU is coming from, the open borders, the one world government, etc, etc. Corporations have superceded US autonomy.

It's only a theory. I could be wrong. But I do recommend the documentary. It really opened my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Feck
    A personal example:

I wrote above that I am unemployed at the mooment (and enjoying it, I must say.) My experience with my last job was makes for a perfect example.

When I started four years ago, I hired on with a company started by a man with a PhD in optics, a scientist. I was employee number 32. We did great things, and made great waves in the field of optometry.

Investors came aboard, and thus the company became incorporated. It grew, and the little family of scientists and engineers grew into quite the production machine.

After several years, to my amazement, the founder, a good and fair man,
    was ousted along with my manager and a slew of others. These were people who all invented and created the magic that made the company
    what it was. A CEO was installed. A businessman with not an inkling of how the magic worked took the helm, and before long, a company that was started by some very smart people became the property of used car salesmen, basically.

Profit became the only concern, not innovation--hell, they didn't even have a clue about how anything worked. They downsized, putting many of us who had created the product out of the fray.

But do you see what I mean? Once the company was run by a man. You could go to his office, talk to the man, and know where the money went.

Now, the money IS the man. Isn't that funny? Money is a man now! just like you and me!
    The thing is........The way that the world is now----we are definitely part of a global market. And, most businesses do not have a choice but to do what you just mentioned----if they want to continue to compete.

This would not be a problem-----if our government took the necessary steps to protect US jobs/businesses----even though we are part of the global market.

If steps were taken to make sure that currency, tariffs, environmental standards, work place standards, taxes, etc.-----were the same whether they stayed in the US or moved out of the country------we could have FAIR trade in the global market-----while at the same time protecting US jobs/businesses. In other words, make it more difficult/expensive for businesses who move out of the US.

If steps were taken to make sure that those who want to import to us face the same tariffs, currency adjustments, etc.--- that we do when we export-----then the US could again be part of the global market-----and US citizens/jobs would florish. Also, we should not be importing from countries unless they also agree to X amount of our exports.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck
    I agree that we rent from the government. And honestly, I don't mind that.

I guess my point is that the reason lawlessness abounds is because the country is not made up of just people anymore, like it used to be. It is made up of us citizens, and also corporations, that are just like people in the eyes of the law, except they can't be held accountable like a person would.

In my humble opinion, that's where the NAU is coming from, the open borders, the one world government, etc, etc. Corporations have superceded US autonomy.

It's only a theory. I could be wrong. But I do recommend the documentary. It really opened my eyes!
    I don't really mind either, because I see it for what it is, and recognise the necessity of those revenues. (as long as it does not get way out of hand).

I also agree about the corporations, and not just the large ones. When you open a business most attorneys will advise you to incorporate so that you have no personal liability for any of your actions. You can screw around with the laws with no personal consequences.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now I am all for private ownership, heck I own property myself. But I support the right for INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE to own property, not the faceless entity called the corporation. There is a huge difference, and as all of us can well see, corporations are out of control.
    When I met my ex-husband he owned several residential properties in San Diego (11 total, divided between houses, duplexes and condos). Each and every property was owned by an individual corporation that he formed. He did this to protect himself in case one of his tenants ever sued him. Since the property was owned by the corporation, if a tenant sued, they couldn't touch any of my ex-husbands other assets; they could only sue the corporation, and the only assets the corporation had were the one property owned by that corporation. So all he'd stand to lose if he was ever sued by a tenant is one property.

He put everything he owned in an individual corporation, making it look like he personally, was a pauper and had nothing. It was all perfectly legal, and it worked very well...my ex-husband amassed quite a bit of wealth, but remained free of any real threat of ever being held accountable or ever losing any of it. It's a very clever set-up our government allows for property and business owners to protect themselves from personal liability.

To make matters even worse, since in California it costs several thousand dollars to set up a corporation (and then several thousand a year to maintain it), my husband set up all his corporations in Nevada...where it costs only a few hundred dollars to set up a corporation.

So, he had 11 corporations, all held in Nevada, and none in his name. What a total scam...

Oh, and while my ex-husband wasn't a bad person, he did start renting to illegal immigrants. And when I objected, he called me "racist". Hence him now being my "ex" husband.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Ex husbands are so much fun. Mine thinks Boooooshy walks on water in his spare time and can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Ex husbands are so much fun. Mine thinks Boooooshy walks on water in his spare time and can do no wrong.
    My ex-husband likes Bush too. And he's an IA hugger. Ours was NOT a match made in heaven.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    My ex-husband likes Bush too. And he's an IA hugger. Ours was NOT a match made in heaven.
    If it wasn't the fact you already convinced me yours was not an adulterous lazy slob who never held a job for more than 6 months, I would swear we had the same man lolol Mine is encouraging the kids to LEARN SPANISH so they can get the good jobs

not lurking anymore because of feck's post

you know, feck, for the last 2 years all i have thought about is the "so what" of what it means to be a citizen. i remember my husband saying how he didn't have a shot in he** of ever getting a loan to start his own business. as a man of very few words, it boiled down to this: "i won't be able to get a loan, but an immigrant who is being shoved down my throat as a 'minority' who is disadvantaged is given the red carpet.

and now he is dead. he spent his whole adult life that ended at the age of 43 in the us marine corps. he died one year and five months after retirement. he had been a motor-t man since his career start. when he retired uncle sam gave him 40% disability for two bum knees, severe carpal tunnel in both hands, chronic bleeding from his bum, 80% loss of hearing for which they would not give him the type of hearing aids he needed, and full-blown emphysema.
    emphysema which was later correctly diagnosed as stage four lung cancer. he lived 2 months from diagnosis to death.

as his widow and by the grace of god, i receive $1,000 a month from the VA. that's it.

i can remember him looking at me in the ICU with tears in his eyes swearing to me that he believed the whole time the navy "separation" medical people knew he had lung cancer...that it was more economical for them to separate him for retirement than to fess up, treat the cancer which would keep him active duty...if he had died active duty i would have been given much more in benefit. but what gripes me most is the stupid civilian doctor we consulted and whose care he had been under for that 17 months failed to diagnose his cancer.

my husband was a great man. he couldn't spell "dog," i joke, but he was the smartest man i knew. he was so humble and kind and handsome. he was a marine first. he exemplified what "Marine" means, but he was expendable as we all are.

you got it right...money is a man. and he is a man who cares not a tot for we breathing ones. all these thoughts of my husband literally laying his life down for the corps and to be treated so callously consume me. but do you know what really haunts me? when he found out how little was going to be done for me and my daughter after he was gone how he cried in rage and despair...

"I SHOULD HAVE JUST DIED IN IRAQ." i told him, "no honey, then i would not have been able to kiss you good-bye."

so yeah, so what. he died for what?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast