Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How to help get Americans to work

What I don't understand is why we have a 17% tax on capital coming into this country, but NO TAX on capital that goes out. Shouldn't it be the other way around? That is what other countries do.

Let the money flow in, so jobs can be created.

People or corporation who send money earned in our ecnomy out of our country can pay a penalty. That would encourage investment here.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Re: Your post

[quote=vistalad]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    Sorry, but I don't know how to do that insert quote thing.
    No worries. Press the "Quote" button at the top of a post that you want to quote. When the post appears in the reply box, look at the poster's name. There should be a square bracket at the end of the name. So, for example,
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bettybb"[b
    ][/b] Then just delete the portions that you don't want to include in your reply. Make sure that the ending square brackets are also complete.
    Thanks!
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Re: How to help get Americans to work

What I don't understand is why we have a 17% tax on capital coming into this country, but NO TAX on capital that goes out. Shouldn't it be the other way around? That is what other countries do.

People or corporation who send money earned in our ecnomy out of our country can pay a penalty. That would encourage investment here.
    I didn't know that. It is a custom duty of some type?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: How to help get Americans to work

Another broken promise that O ran on and has not done. He was going to hit the companies so hard that they would bring those jobs back. Boy did my mouth fall open when I heard him say( We dont want those jobs back) who dont? I do....... Thanks Judy

Re: your post

Hi Judy,

Sorry but I do not know how to insert a quote.

I cannot help but think that American's greatness has long resided in our ability to innovate. Reliance on oil, that is not a renewable resource, and will run out, is stiffling that innovation.

Did you know that France and Canada are both imposing a requirement that 10% of fuel sold be biodiesel? Those countries are going to leap forward in alternate fuel technology and America will be left behind. Of course, more people in these countries already drive cars that are outfitted with diesel engines, so a switch can occur.

The scary part is that it is technology that creates wealth in a society. The most technologically advanced societies have the greastest economies. We are slipping fast.
    We already have biofuel technologies, Bettybb. For example, the United States is already the largest consumer and producer of the biofuel, ethanol, in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel

The problem with biofuels is they require arable land, fertilizers, pesticides and water to grow the raw material, corn, sugar cane, soybeans, etc. to produce the ethanol. So the allocation of land for food has now been diminished to grow food for fuel. It's renewable, but it's not sustainable beyond a certain point without jeopardizing the food supply. In addition most car engines can only run on a max of 10% mix without interfering with the performance of the vehicle.

One of our chemical companies has partnered with a research team to grow an algae for ethanol that can be grown in labs and factories rather than in fields. Dow Chemical has already committed almost $1 billion to build its first Algenol plant in New Mexico.

In a normal year, we import $400 billion a year of oil from foreign countries in addition to all of our domestic sources of energy. We need to drill baby drill to reduce that volume of imported oil and use more of our own domestic energy until the alternative sources are desirable, viable and affordable.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234