Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Americans Getting More Angry Over Illegal Immigration

I just came from our grocery store. (Publix) I KID YOU NOT, the place was like a Mexican - Central American Groceria or something.

I've never seen anything like it. It was shockingly worse. It was as if the Mexican border should be 5 miles from here instead of the approximately 2,000 miles away that it is.

Something happened which I've never seen before. The Americans were clearly the minority and we were hearing Spanish all over the place, really loudly too. The Americans were looking like this and like this . We all started to make eye contact with each other and we were all thinking the same thing.

We ended up all talking, (Four different people who have never met before.)
    Guys, these people were livid. .

I don't think we had to wake them up. President Bush has gone overboard , and you now can't find an American who doesn't "see" and "hear" and "know" about this.

For the first time, I sensed a very uneasy feeling in the air. I guess it is the first time that I WAS AWAKENED to just how upset Americans are becoming. I'm used to to speaking with you guys, Americans who are taking action and trying to do something. It now seems to me, that we are actually more calm than many of our fellow Americans, because we have the support of each other, and an outlet to express the way we feel about this.

I do not see how ANYONE who does not have a MAJORLY STRONG AGENDA to fight illegal immigration is going to have a chance in the world to be elected now. If we were worried six months ago that America was not awake...I think the situation has changed drastically and rapidly. America is WIDE AWAKE NOW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just out of curiosity, where was this?

Pompano Beach, FL.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am just wondering, why are Americans so angry about Mexicans? And what does that have to do with illegal immigration? Does the fact that they are speaking spanish make them illegal? I mean I am just wondering where that comes in? Last I checked this is a country of diversity, I mean that is what makes it so great, there is so much to learn from different cultures.

BTW, I speak spanish fluently, obviously I speak English fluently as well. I am a Broadcast Journalism Student, 4.0 GPA, graduated top of my high school Class, and I am Mexican. Born in Mexico, and a great assest to many companies because I am bilingual. What is wrong with me?

LegalUSCitizen,

I hear ya about the shopping situation with a grocery chain - in your case Publix in Florida and, in mine ,other shopping horrors in North Carolina. I don't believe the situation in NC is as bad as Florida as far as illegal aliens, but it is definitely getting worse here day by day. We don't have Publix chains but our local chains are flooded with more and more probable illegals every day, plus the beloved and long-years' in existence Winn Dixie chains have recently closed and gone bankrupt. This leaves many local towns with fewer grocery store options and who don't also have all those "other" nifty grocery chains larger cities do to shop at. Our local Food Lions are swamped after Winn-Dixie went bankrupt and there is a local Compare foods that is mostly hispanic run that we must contend with. I say "contend" with because I find it offensive that they obviously do not abide by EEOC standards in their hiring practices. Their hiring practices are not diverse meaning that the majority of employees are hispanic. I avoid this grocery store as much as I can because of this, but with one of our small town's major grocery stores closing and no replacement yet, it is hard sometimes to not when shopping for an item or two. I have never done a major grocery purhcase here nor will I unless they change their hiring practices and hire obvious "legal" citizens and ones who also cannot speak Spanish in addition to their English.

In my area of NC, I believe or have heard that the small grocery chain of "Compare Foods" is largely run by hispanics. Since NC has one of the highest "illegal" and "growing" hispanic populations in the USA, and because of my infrequent shopping trips to one of the local Compare stores, I have witnessed many times that they are violating government standards on diversity hiring practices - EEOC. But would Bush care? Would local government? Likely Not!!!
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Welcome to ALIPAC, Arcely. First of all, may I congratulate you on your outstanding grades, and your major, Arcely, you are probably learning a lot, but apparently you have a great deal more to learn.

First of all, Americans do not dislike Mexicans. However, we are angry at the corrupt leadership in Mexico for promoting and encouraging Mexican citizens to break our U.S. Federal Immigration Laws which exist for the purpose of protecting American citizens and the sovereignty of our nation.

I am also bilingual, Aracely, and I would say that I am not completely fluent in Spanish, but very close. Keep in mind, I am an American and I did not learn Spanish this well as result of moving to another country. I learned it because I wanted to, and because I chose to. In America, we do appreciate that knowing two, three, even more languages is a tremendous accomplishment and something to be proud of. There is all the difference in the world in a person learning a language out of choice and in being forced to learn another language because your country's primary language is being pushed aside and perhaps eventually lost as a result of massive immigration, and most of it being a result of immigration done illegally.

There are major and vital principles involved here, Arcely. One would be the principle of establishing and upholding an honest government. This is something Mexico has failed dreadfully on, and it has had a devastating effect on the Mexican people. Mexico is rich in resources and if the Mexican people had forced their leadership, to govern their country in accordance to the same principles the citizens of the United States do, Mexico would have a relationship with the United States similar to Canada's relationship with the U.S. It is wrong for Mexico's corrupt government to push the end result of their chronic failures upon the people of another country.

People around the world would like to live in America, Aracely, and the fact is, we cannot hold the world within our borders. Nor, should we have to, and we definitely should never be forced to against our will.
    We can lend a hand and try to set the best example that we can to people
    in other countries around the world, and to encourage them to take pride in their heritage and their homelands and to fight for the kind of freedom that we Americans have fought and died for for 229 years.

America used to be a "melting pot", because immigrants who came to our country came for the right reasons and in the right way. They entered with the intentions to assimilate to our American culture, to learn our language and with the desire to adopt our values. Another extremely relevant fact is that they came to America in a manner which expressed their respect and appreciation to have the opportunity to become Americans.

Personally if I were Mexican I'd see and realize just how much has been wrongfully stolen from me and my fellow countrymen, and I would be right there working at all costs to have what belongs to the people, given back. As it stands, Mexico is a country where the people have permitted the government to take away all that belongs to them, all the way down to where the people disrespect themselves so much that they will allow a man to convince them to do corrupt and wrong things to the very neighbors who would love nothing more than to see the best for the Mexican people. Americans would be willing to support them in their struggle to regain their respect and what is rightfully theirs. BUT, we will not allow OUR country to be turned into Mexico. The buck stops there, Arcely.

Arcely, the people of the United States very unanimously (87- 90%)
    have decided that we will not import poverty, low wages and the idea that it is alright to disregard the law into our country.

Good luck with your future, and if you are here to assimilate and to truly become an American, then I wish you the best. If you are here because you have the erroneous idea that the wonderful people of the United States are obligated to give their country up for some politically correct idea, I say that in that case you are truly a man or a woman with NO country. You have to decide whether you want to assimilate to the USA, with happiness and respect for the American people and our kindheartedness to open our arms to you, or you need to return to the place where you were born and be willing to defend what was rightfully yours in the first place. It's a tough decision, but it is far better than
    never really having any country.

Sometimes people have to fall to their knees before they are willing to pick themselves up. Mexico is definitely on her knees, if the people see invading another country as the only answer. The American people would love to help the Mexican people get up.......but we will not let them pull us down.

BTW, I speak spanish fluently, obviously I speak English fluently as well. I am a Broadcast Journalism Student, 4.0 GPA, graduated top of my high school Class, and I am Mexican. Born in Mexico, and a great assest to many companies because I am bilingual. What is wrong with me?
    Overly humble?
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

I guess I would like to reply to the comments that came after my first post. I am completly for safety in our borders, for the safety of this country. I will never condemn the US for the opportunity it has given my family, and I don't plan on ever doing it. I consider myself yes, Mexican American. Why? Born in Mexico raised with Mexican traditions, with my language which I am very proud of. Yet, I am also an American, I have the right to vote, etc. like anyone else.

My problem was with the article, it condemed the Spanish Speaking workers, and people living there. I understand the point of view of many who think that these immigrants are "taking over". But, I don't see it that way. I am not here to take over anything, or to push my heritage on anyone. I came here and my reasbonsibilty was to learn to English, to go to school, and to be like any other American kid. Which is what I did, without forgetting my heritage.

It is true Mexico is in great dilema, it is extremely corrupt, something that I am not proud of. It is truly tragic that Mexico endures these hardships,and that the people don't do something about it.

I feel that illegal immigration is a great threat now, and that in order to do soemthing then you have to start at the borders. You can start deporting but that won't stop immigrants from coming in. It has been happening forever, and it will continue to happen. Deportation for many is not an issue, many have struggled deportation, and will come back. I advocate for some sort of amnesty, which yes many people are against. But there should be boundaries, for example, for those that have X amount of years living here. For the students who graduate from HS and their dreams of going to college are crushed because they are not allowed to continue. Many students not even aware they are illegal immigrants(many parents hid this truth for fear of prosecution). I am for security at our borders, for prosecution of criminals, for a better America. Yet, I think there is a lot of compromise that can be done. Being illegal immigrant does not make you a criminal, it doesn't make you a bad person, and many strive for being accepted as Americans.

To be told to go back to Mexico, is like a slap in the face from the country who has accepted me and treated me like one of them. Many soldiers now fighting for our country are illegal immigrants, a vast majority are. The first soldiers to die were illegal immigrants. Their families are suffering like any other American family but they are asked to go back to their country.

I do want to set the record that I am a American, but you know with a little more to me becaue of my heritage, I shouldn't have to choose between the two countries I love. The country that gave me life, and the country that continues to nourish me.

Wow legal, these open air meat markets have been here in the southwest for years. They tend to close fairly soon after being open.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

ARACELY'S QUOTE:
    It is true Mexico is in great dilema, it is extremely corrupt, something that I am not proud of. It is truly tragic that Mexico endures these hardships,and that the people don't do something about it.

Oh Aracely, you just hit the nail on the head. THIS is exactly Mexico's problem. You say that the people don't do something about it. RIGHT THERE lies the answer regarding the future of Mexico. The people DON'T do anything about it when they CAN and they SHOULD do something about it.

There should be huge and growing numbers of Mexicans protesting, carrying signs, talking, and building their organization to regain what is rightfully theirs....their country. There does NOT need to be one bit of violence in this fight. It can all be done by having good leaders heading up this movement to correct what is wrong in Mexico. There should be people from Mexico who are in the U.S. LEGALLY doing the same thing, pressuring our government to ensure that those people back home are safe and allowed to speak out.

Believe it or not, Aracely to a VERY large extent, WE, the very people, who the pro illegal-immigration people call the "enemy" are ACTUALLY the greatest supporters of fighting for people's rights. Honestly, Arsely, anyone who cannot see this, has the enemy mixed up. It is those who say, "Come on, run, run, get in here, fast", and who are fighting the people who believe in upholding laws are the ones who are promoting a continuation of keeping Mexico lawless and corrupt. Mexico needs SUPPORT from those who believe in the law. Laws are meant to ensure and protect people's rights and their safety, and when people promote breaking them, they are no friend to anyone, anywhere.

I bet there are SOME people in Mexico who ARE trying to do this, and when Mexicans run away from their country, they are truly abandoning their most brave and determined countrymen.

Believe me, if you can't speak out, if you can't PEACEFULLY tell your president that you do not agree with him, than you have lost your rights to most exteme extent. As you see, President Bush does at least not stop us from speaking out, and from protesting, as long as it is done peacefully.
    He understands that this is the first, and most basic right that we have. It doesn't mean that we don't feel a little worried sometimes, but we know that the biggest mistake we could ever make is to become too afraid to speak out. We have to always exercise that right in order for it to always remain strong.

Your country needs a Minuteman Project of your own, on the Mexican side of the border who are in lock and step with our Minuteman Project on the U.S. side of the border, saying, "NO, you will not run us out of our own country, Vicente Fox".

This would be an excellent time for the Mexican people to take advantage of having strength in numbers AND the support of the American people to stand behind you as you STAND UP to your corrupt government. Keep in mind the importance of remaining peaceful, but also being determined and not letting up on the pressure you place on them.

Aracely, the Minuteman Project is NOT protesting against the Mexican people, they are protesting against President Bush not upholding his Oath of Office and the promise he made to the American people to uphold the Constitution, and to protect our country. In Mexico, the people should be doing the same.

We are not here at ALIPAC becasue we dislike the Mexicans in any way. We dislike the actions and inaction of our president and our senators and representatives. We deserve to have a sovereign nation and we deserve to preserve our wonderful culture and our beautiful language. Americans are very proud people, we will NEVER let any corrupt government run us away or destroy our great spirit of freedom. Mexicans must stop thinking they really have anything to proud of, until they are WILLING to go home and tell Vicente Fox, "NO". They should be telling George Bush, "You are helping Vicente Fox run us out of our own country, you must stop this and start to REALLY stand behind us. If you REALLY care about Mexico, than promote our rights and you, President Bush, must also stand up to the REAL problem in Mexico....corruption and lawlessness." You know President Bush can do a lot to help, but so far he has chosen to stand by and watch millions of Mexicans wander around America in hopes of picking up the scraps that are left behind. What kind of a life is it to "wander" and to "run" ?? These men are powerful and they have the means to do what is RIGHT. We can't let fear stop us from doing what is right. It is a little scarey at times, Aracley, I feel afraid sometimes when I post things that are against what President Bush wants !! But I go ahead and speak out regarding what I believe to be right. Don't you think President Bush could put us noisy ones in jail if he really wanted to? Because I KNOW that he COULD, I feel a little fear at times, but I choose to believe that he WON'T. You have to be a little brave at times if you want to have a great country. You can't snooze, you can't hide, and you can't run.

CORRECTION: You have to be A LOT BRAVE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast