Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reading the original post in this thread imediate thoughts of recent news stories boiled up....... a Google search will likely find plenty of news stories to cast aside the knee-jerk rhetoric not backed by informative sources.

How about the USA govt. suggesting American citizens not enter Mexico due to the violence of drug cartel gangs, amongst them selves and against those opposing them.

How about the recent kidnapping of an American in Mexico. Then there's the body of the American found in Mexico.

The ongoing assassinations of judges, police, etc. in border towns.

Ohhhhh...... so many reports of violence in Mexico.

How about the troubles down in Chiapas?

Do that Google search THEN enter a message board and pretend to be an authority om whatever subject the knee-jerk rhetoric covers.

Thank you.

Banned
    Another boil on the buttcheek of humanity!

If you are so gung-ho about Mexico, please move there as soon as you can. Moronic statements like those you have made do nothing but disgust those of us who have bothered to educate themselves.

What part of ILLEGAL don't you understand???

MS-13 gang growing extremely dangerous, FBI says
    By Kevin Johnson, USA TODAY

In early November, the FBI and Houston police learned that six suspected members of Mara Salvatrucha, a violent Central American gang known as MS-13, were raiding a house on Liberty Street where a rival gang had stashed drugs.

MS-13 — the focus of a nationwide crackdown by FBI and federal immigration agents — has become known in recent years for home invasion robberies, drug dealing and machete attacks on its enemies. But what happened in Houston on Nov. 2, FBI and Houston police officials say, has heightened concerns that MS-13 could be far more dangerous than thought.

The MS-13 suspects swept through the house like a well-trained assault team, using paramilitary tactics including perimeter lookouts, high-powered weaponry (an AK-47 rifle was among the weapons recovered later), and a quick, room-by-room sweep of the house that was notable for its precision and sophistication, Houston police spokesman Alvin Wright says.

When the MS-13 suspects were challenged by authorities, the result was an intense shootout that killed two suspects, identified as Juan Antonio Bautista, 29, and Jose Antonio Pino, 33. The four others were arrested and face an array of state charges, including robbery and assault.

Bob Clifford, who directs the FBI unit created last year to combat MS-13, says the battle symbolized MS-13's development from a smattering of loosely organized cells across the nation to an increasingly efficient and dangerous organization that has become a significant threat to public safety.

"Our worst suspicions about MS-13 have been confirmed" by the Houston shooting and other recent gang-related incidents, Clifford says.

From low-income neighborhoods in Los Angeles, MS-13 has spread throughout the USA, largely following the migration patterns of immigrants from El Salvador and other Central American nations. With a membership that the FBI estimates could be as high as 10,000, MS-13 is most active in Los Angeles, the Mid-Atlantic, Rhode Island and Connecticut.

Routes for trafficking

Clifford says the group also has formed commerce routes across the nation for drug-trafficking operations that often include "theft crews" who steal over-the-counter cough and cold medicines from drugstores. Such medicines, which can be abused or used to make other drugs, are then sold to help finance MS-13 units, Clifford says.
    MS-13 FACTS:
    Origins: Formed by Salvadoran immigrants who fled to the USA during El Salvador's civil war in the 1980S. Name comes from Salvadoran references:
    Mara: slang for a group of young people, or mob.
    Salva: reference to El Salvador.
    Trucha: slang for "on guard."
    How many members?
    •USA: Estimates up to 10,000.
    • El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico: 50,000.
    Where are they? 33 states, the District of Columbia. Largest concentrations in California, Virginia and New York.
    Who are they? At first, exclusively immigrants from El Salvador. Now, members from Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico.
    How members distinguish themselves: Tattoos bearing the number 13, the letter M or the letters MS, the phrase "Salvadoran Pride."
    Criminal activities: Stealing and exporting cars from the USA, burglary, drug sales, home invasion, weapons smuggling, carjacking, extortion, murder, rape, witness intimidation, illegal firearm sales, aggravated assault.

Sources: FBI and National Alliance of Gang Investigators Associations

In recent years, MS-13's reputation as a particularly brutal gang was cemented by a series of incidents, several of them in Northern Virginia. In one, a former MS-13 member who had become a police informant was fatally stabbed and her head almost severed. In another, MS-13 members used a machete to cut off several fingers of a rival gang member.

The Houston shootout, however, raised questions about whether the gang — whose original members in Los Angeles included people with paramilitary training who fled the civil war in El Salvador during the 1980s — is evolving into an organization that is in their image.

The Houston incident sparked an FBI investigation that has reached into El Salvador to try to determine whether MS-13 members are receiving formal training in weapons and military tactics before they come to the USA — often asillegal immigrants.

Raids of suspected MS-13 safe houses in Central America, Mexico and the USA by federal and international law enforcement officials resulted in more than 600 arrests and the discovery of gang "constitutions," the FBI said.

The documents, most of them crudely handwritten codes of conduct, listed a range of punishments — from death to severe beatings — for transgressions against the gang. The seizures marked the first time that such organizational records had been recovered in this country.

Federal agents and local police say that recent arrests of MS-13 members have shed light on how the gang is raising money in the USA.

Stealing from drugstores

Three months ago in Madison, Wis., local police and FBI investigators arrested three suspected MS-13 members who allegedly were involved in stealing tens of thousands of dollars' worth of over-the-counter medicines from 22 Walgreens drugstores throughout the Midwest.

Madison detectives and FBI investigators later determined that the medicines were being transported to a warehouse in Louisville to be resold.

"We had not seen evidence of their presence here before (the arrests) or since," says Mike Hanson, spokesman for the Madison Police Department. "Our understanding is they were passing through here. They knew the number of Walgreens stores and were familiar with the routes in and out of town."

In several cases, Hanson says, the suspects used a special bag that blocked the drugstores' electronic sensors from detecting items that were being stolen from the stores.

"The suspects researched Walgreens throughout the Midwest and on a routine basis averaged $45,000 to $55,000 worth of stolen merchandise per day," Hanson says.

Clifford says "it would be dangerous to look at MS-13 as just another street gang."

just another group of good people seeking refuge

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

USCITIZEN-UNAPONCE We are so sick of hearing the word racist! We need to try using the word Constitution more often. We are not racist, we just want our government to uphold the laws of our constitution!!That our forefathers fought for!! I could care less the color of your skin, but when you enter this country illegally, YOU ARE A CRIMINAL!!!. That's what we trying to stress. We made a big mistake in 1986. We showed the world that if you can get to America and stay hidden long enough, you can become a citizen, take jobs, demand that our government keep you up and give you rights that you do not deserve. How can you stage protests in our streets and demand anything from us. You are not suppposed to be here. Break our laws and then spit in our faces!! That's what this is all about. [b]NOT RACISM!!![/b
    The wealthy, well dressed people are staying there, because we're taking in all of thier poor and cleaning up the country for them! Why not stay??

Dannah1965

I'm tired of the word too! In Martin Luther Kings' "I Have a Dream" speech he said

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. . . .

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where[b] my fathers died,[/b[ land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.
    they say "Amazing Grace" is a song the angels can never sing, well "America" (My Country, 'Tis of Thee) is a song these illegal aliens can never sing because this is not THEIR country and THEIR fathers didn't die for freedom ... Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks and others, had a RIGHT to sing "America" -- George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and others were their forefathers whether by blood or not
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Mamie

Back to your other post, about the gang activity...I was in the repossession business for many years, I finally had to quit, because the lots were selling cars to ilegals who were taking them across the border. I couldn't chase cars to Mexico, but the dealers were making it very easy to steal the cars. Put a small down payment, promise a balloon payment next week, whala! Your on you way to Mexico! We never even got a real name half the time. I just couldn't do it any more the stress and the anger were going to wind me up in jail or at least in a fight or two! We even had a lot sell a car to a guy named "Justin Case" read it carefully....Just in case he wanted to go back to Mexico, he'd have a way. It's really true, and he had I.D....a Texas Drivers License! So, my biggest question to our back stabbing government is: What are you going to do about the ones who have crossed the border to avoid prosecution for violent crimes...like murder, rape....and so on?? If you can't round them up for deportation, you can't round them up to see if they are wanted criminals!! BS!! Rounding them up isn't the hard part, getting our gov't to do it is!!!

"Justin Case" what a name! A friend of mine had a repo business for a while, it is very dangerous.

our government has no idea who these people are, where they come from or what crimes they have committed.

I ran into my cousin and his wife in a shopping center parking lot today -- he's around 68, but he's up on what's going on. He's the only one in my family that I have talked to that has a clue or concern about what's going on.

He was telling me that these illegals do construction jobs during the day in New Orleans and engage in all kinds of criminal activity at night.

I was telling him some of the things we are doing on this forum as well as some of the things I've been doing on my own. He and his wife told me to change my name -- I am now Jane Doe. He started laughing and told me everytime I opened my mouth he could see my daddy in me! -- I'm a rebel with a cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    "He was telling me that these illegals do construction jobs during the day in New Orleans and engage in all kinds of criminal activity at night.
    I know of a woman who lives in the Irish Channel section of New Orleans. Her area did not receive flooding and she was able to move back right away. She said, however, that she no longer walks at night because just a block from her there are about 30 illegals living in a house and she's had to call the police 2-3 times already.

I told her to call code enforcement!

And today I talked to an man who is 86 years old. He's fed up with this illegal in-your-face mess too and said he was in Alabama last year and was surprised to see a Hispanic family come into a restaurant. (don't know why that is so surprising but he seemed to think it was). We talked awhile and I told him there is no state that doesn't have a problem - with illegal influx and take-over. He's aware of Reconquista and we chatted about that awhile too.

I'm afraid New Orleans will never be the same, it won't just be because of the hurricane either.

around here there are usually 4 or 5 in a group in the stores, and believe it or not, it is unusual to see them somewhere like Cracker Barrel, but not so unusual at Mexican restaurants.

Mamie,

Notice the pontificator who started this thread has never been back to answer his "critics." :P

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast