Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another victory -- Black citizens joining the ranks

I've made several posts about my friend Pat --- first I explained to her the difference between the civil rights movement of the '60s and the protests of illegals for civil rights and she got angry about the comparison of the two. She said everybody wants to ride on the shirt tails of the black people for their 'rights.'

She didn't think things were as bad as what I was saying. Well she called first thing this morning to let me know that last night while at prayer meeting, one of the older men said he went to apply for a job -- he didn't get it because of all the Mexican's!! She said they all got into a big discussion about the protests and she told them about some of the things I have told her.

She said they ALL agreed, this is not a black/white issue, nor is it RACIST . . . they all agree we need to stick together -- we are ALL AMERICANS

Their conclusion was FIRST we need to secure the border -- THEN we need to decide what to do about those here. Her husband had a solution to prevent further border jumpers -- let's just say, he said it wouldn't take them long to learn not to cross the border, he is sooo bad.

When I told her about the 'in-state tuition' she said her husband, who works at the university, had already told her that most of the students on campus are foreigners. He said these foreign countries send their smartest students to be educated and most future doctors, nurses, etc. will be foreigners NOT Americans -- black or white.

The only problem my friend has is what to do with those that have been here for years. One of her son's good friends is of Mexican descent, she said he was born in California and he was legal, I told her if his parents were from California, they were probably illegal. She said he is and American and would be lost in Mexico and she didn't think he even knew how to speak Spanish.

Her sons best friend since elementary school is a white guy. She laughs at them riding all over town in the kids pickup truck with Confederate flags, she says he's far from being a racist and each would lay down their life for the other.

Pat and I worked together and have been friends for over 19 years, sometimes when we'd walk at lunch (trying to lose weight ), her and another girl would joke that we were like an "oreo." Our boss didn't like me being friends with them and told me not to have lunch with them -- let's just say, I have a mind of my own and that didn't work. So, after I ignored his 'request' he changed my lunch hour. He could tell me what time to go to lunch, but he wasn't going to tell me who to be friends with.

Every where I went today I told them about what's going on and how the NAACP is backing this mess -- nobody was too happy, I told them to start watching Lou Dobbs. Miss Annie said we are AMERICANS and we WILL stick together.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Thanks......it does affect us all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Mamie,

That was my aunt's nickname, short for Mary Margaret.

I just wanted to tell you that what you have done with your friends is THE WAY that Americans of ALL COLORS will defeat this nation-busting travesty of 'thoughtful' legislation.

God bless you for all you do.

Pine

Mamie,
    Good work, seems more and more people are seeing this illegal invasion for what it really is and what it is doing to US all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Mamie,

That was my aunt's nickname, short for Mary Margaret.

I just wanted to tell you that what you have done with your friends is THE WAY that Americans of ALL COLORS will defeat this nation-busting travesty of 'thoughtful' legislation.

God bless you for all you do.

Pine
    my nephew started calling me 'Aunt Mamie'

being from the south, I don't have a problem talking to strangers! My problem is, I get too angry and upset . . . I had to quit the board after the hurricane, especially when I saw those Mexican troops coming across the border -- I had to get blood pressure medicine. But I didn't give up the cause, I just worked on it from another angle.

The problem isn't that the America people aren't trying -- it's that we are IGNORED by OUR elected officials ... at times like these, don't you know Congress and the President HATE the internet, email and fax machines!
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

i see the same thing down here. Tons of blacks are irate at the fact that their leaders are trying to force them to listen to the illeagls. one lady even said (this is paraphrase I can't remember it exactly) "We black people built the America we all know today, we made equality possible, we made this country better along with our white friends. We changed the world. These illegals are breaking the law and should leave."

Absolutly the truth. Has anyone contacted someone in power to express that this is NOT how the black americans feel? Personally, I figured they'd be busting the chops of big business wanting "slave" labor?

If I may disagree slightly, black people made a significant contribution to this country but I don’t think they built it all. Being from the south, I fully understand how much they did help but I feel like when someone makes a statement like that it overlooks the contribution of others. IMO, a lot of people automatically think slaves did all the work here back in the day and they fail to acknowledge the hard work other people like small farmers did. I am very happy though to see all of us working together. Maybe it will bring us closer.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    i see the same thing down here. Tons of blacks are irate at the fact that their leaders are trying to force them to listen to the illeagls. one lady even said (this is paraphrase I can't remember it exactly) "We black people built the America we all know today, we made equality possible, we made this country better along with our white friends. We changed the world. These illegals are breaking the law and should leave."
    Let's just hope that more blacks jump on board and not allow those so called leaders convince them to listen to these illegal immigrants! They are leeches that are going to drain and such the life out of our economy, by taxing our school systems, health care, and other social services.

We Americans should all be insulted and outraged when the government and Bush tells us there are jobs we Americans won't take!

Blacks and the citizens that are getting minimun wage will suffer, along with the middle class trying to pay for these law breaking immigrants needs!

history repeats itself

Quote Originally Posted by mills
    If I may disagree slightly, black people made a significant contribution to this country but I don’t think they built it all. Being from the south, I fully understand how much they did help but I feel like when someone makes a statement like that it overlooks the contribution of others. IMO, a lot of people automatically think slaves did all the work here back in the day and they fail to acknowledge the hard work other people like small farmers did. I am very happy though to see all of us working together. Maybe it will bring us closer.
    Our President and those behind these protests DO NOT want the blacks and whites of this country UNITED -- they are going to try to DIVIDE AND CONQUER!!!

a lot of people don't realize many of these small slave owners worked in the fields WITH the slaves. During the civil war many slaves and free blacks gave their money for 'the cause.' They raised the crops and butchered the livestock to help feed the troops. They worked in the steel mills and drove ambulances to take the wounded and dead home.

But the amazing thing to me was the fact the south DID NOT have an army or a navy when they were invaded by the federal government. Together, this class of people that needed to be exterminated, made the first ironclad ships and built the first submarines.

on September 22, 1862 'President' Abraham Lincoln issued his Preliminary Emancipation Proclamation giving the 'rebel' states 100 days to rejoin 'the union' or the slaves in the 'rebel' states would be freed.

Regarding a ‘Proclamation" President Abraham Lincoln said on September 13, 1862

"And what reason is there to think it would have any greater effect upon the Slaves than the late law of Congress, which I approved and which offers protection and Freedom to the Slaves of Rebel masters who came within our lines? Yet I cannot learn that that law has caused a single Slave to come over to us. . . . "
    'President' Abraham Lincoln addressed the slaves held in 'the union' or under 'military occupation' in his State of the Union address in December 1862 his Preliminary Emancipation Proclamation and said "I cannot make it better known than it already is, that I strongly favor colonization. . . . Congress may appropriate money, and otherwise provide, for colonizing free colored persons, with their consent, at any place or places without the United States"

'President' Abraham Lincoln proposed three amendments to the Constitution and had he had his way, all our black citizens would be Latin Americans!!

First, slaves not freed by the 'Emancipation Proclamation' would be freed gradually over a 37-year period -- to be completed by January 1, 1900.

Second, the owners would be compensated for the loss of their slave property.

Third, the 'federal government' would transport freed blacks at its own expense out of the country and relocate them in Latin America and Africa - the only African Americans would be in Latin America. President Lincoln wrote that freed blacks need "new homes [to] be found for them, in congenial climes, and with people of their own blood and race."

President Lincoln says he has no 'objections of a moral nature' . . to incite insurrection in slaves . . . lead to massacre of women and children of the south . .
    " . . . Now, then, tell me, if you please, what possible result of good would follow the issuing of such a Proclamation as you desire? Understand, I raise no objections against it on legal or Constitutional grounds, for, as Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy, in time of War, I suppose I have a right to take any measure which may best subdue the Enemy, nor do I urge objections of a moral nature, in view of possible consequences of insurrection and massacre at the South. I view this matter as a practical War measure, to be decided on according to the advantages or disadvantages it may offer to the suppression of the Rebellion

. . . I will also concede that Emancipation would help us in Europe, and convince them that we are incited by something more than ambition. I grant, further, that it would help somewhat at the North, though not so much, I fear, as you and those you represent imagine.. . . Still, some additional strength would be added in that way to the War, and then, unquestionably, it would weaken the Rebels by drawing off their laborers, which is of great importance but I am not so sure we could do much with the Blacks. If we were to arm them, I fear that in
    a few weeks the arms would be in the hands of the Rebels; and, indeed, thus far, we have not had arms enough to equip our White troops."
    President Lincoln's sole intent of the ‘Emancipation Proclamation" was to incite an insurrection amongst the slaves . He admitted that he thought it "would cause the slaves of the South to revolt against the Confederacy and " result in the massacre of women and children in the South" -- there was not one insurrection during the war.

The men of the Confederacy 'trusted' their slaves with their lives and the lives of their families and they trusted them to defend their homes while they were at war. They gave their slaves their names and many were considered family -- it was the damn yankees,' the 'federal government' and President Abraham Lincoln they didn't trust. Former slave Adam Singleton of Pike Co. Mississippi said "When Marse George Simmons went to de big war, he called all his darkies up to de big house an' tole dem whar he wus gwine. an' tole dem to take good keer of de Missus, an' he left......" Jane from Gerogiana Alabama: "Ole master an mistis dead an gone but I remembers them jes lak they was, when they looked after us...weather we belong to them or they belonged to us. I don't know which it was"

Gen. Sherman in a June 21, 1864, letter to Lincoln's Sec. of War, Edwin Station wrote, "There is a class of people men, women and children, who must be killed or banished before you can hope for peace and order." Stanton replied, "Your letter of the 21st of June has just reached me and meets my approval." President Lincoln, without a formal 'declaration of war' authorized 'total war' against non-combatants and was so pleased with General Sherman's letter that he had it published.

USA Patriot Act

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!” . . .

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, while still White House counsel, wrote that the “Constitution is an outdated document.”

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/p ... 7779.shtml

PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY -- in ex parte Milligan, the Supreme Court held

"Martial law can not arise from a threatened invasion. The necessity must be actual and present, the invasion real, such as effectually closes the courts and deposes the civil administration. . . .

We see that martial law comes in only when actual war closes the courts and deposes the civil authority; but this bill, in time of peace, makes martial law operate as though we were in actual war, and becomes the cause instead of the consequence of the abrogation of civil authority."
    the minority opinion of the court was delivered by Chief Justice Chase

"We by no means assert that Congress can establish and apply the laws of war where no war has been declared or exists. Where peace exists, the laws of peace must prevail . . .

"This is sufficiently explicit. Peace exists in all the territory to which this bill applies. It asserts a power in Congress, in time of peace, to set aside the laws of peace and to substitute the laws of war."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast