Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"a lot of people don't realize many of these small slave owners worked in the fields WITH the slaves."

I also don't think they realize most people in the south did not own slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by mills
    "a lot of people don't realize many of these small slave owners worked in the fields WITH the slaves."

I also don't think they realize most people in the south did not own slaves.
    I know what you mean. My black friends would fuss at me because I like 'Gone with the Wind' -- I assured them had I been living back then, I wouldn't be living in the 'big house' with hoop skirts sipping mint juleps, I'd be in the field picking cotton!!

p.s., did you read ex parte Milligan? VERY IMPORTANT!!! Our federal government has incited an insurrection amongst 'foreign nationals'
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

off the subject of slavery and onto modern day issues. What is happening here is that the groups like La Raza are trying to reach the young, brash and immpressionable black teens. This is the second most immpressionable market in America (girls 12-16 are the most). These youth will buy, drink, wear, eat, say and act the way mainstream artist and respected black leaders tell them too. More oftern then not they are the hingepin for "youth culture" marketing (companies that target this market more often than most others: MTV, BET, RIAA, Grammys, Boost Mobile, AMP'd Mobile, Scion, Sean John, Rock-a-fella, UPN, Fubu, Verizon and the list could go on forever...)

The idea here is to make the movement popular in "young black music" culture. This will then spread to the mainstream and artist will begin mentioning the struggle in their music (look for Fat Joe or Pit Bull to be one of the first since they are of Hispanic decent). This will then get the words of the organizers on the lips and in the ears of millions of impressionable young kids and then into their parents and siblings ears and in sight continuously on MTV, FUSE and BET.

Quite a strategy, lets just hope it backfires or at least do some countering of our own.

I think it's also about our government inciting an insurrection to eventually impose martial law and wipe out all our Constitutional rights -- history repeats itself
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I think I got 3 more recruits today -- all young people too. I told them to start watching Lou Dobbs and find out what is REALLY going on.

And none of them could believe the black leaders would be behind this. Each one of them said there is NO comparison between the civil rights movements of the 60's and illegals demanding civil rights -- to them it made about as much sense as an American demanding rights in a foreign country.

I invited the guy I spoke with, very nice young man, to come to the board, gave him the address and info. He told me to come back in -- I will make a follow-up sometime this week to see if he's gotten any more recruits.

I asked them to start spreading the news -- WE ARE AMERICANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    there is NO comparison between the civil rights movements of the 60's and illegals demanding civil rights -- to them it made about as much sense as an American demanding rights in a foreign country.
    Another point is that when the United State praticed slavery in the south there were basically three classes of people which were rich white folks, poor white folks, and slaves. The classes created were the result of the south's dependence on slave labor.
    In the 21st century, USA slavery is long abolished, but if the USA continues to ignore the illegal immigration problem and continue to allow businesses to employ illegal aliens at below minimun to near poverty wages, the same thing will result as did when slavery was allowed. We will have rich folks, poor folks, practically no middle class, and the former illegals who will continue to create decreases in wages.
    Illegals ...who are mostly Mexicans... do not care, because anything is better than the 2 or 3 dollars per day they make in Mexico.
    They will continue to exist on the next to nothing pay while supplementing it with living 15 to a dwelling place, leeching off taxpayers, and using anchor babies to support them.
    Ain't america great?

Together We Stand, Divided We Fall

Yes we have all come a long way together, overcoming our bigotry and prejudice toward each other. We can thank the better nature of our angels for guiding us through those difficult times. I can say with great joy that equality among blacks and whites is now the norm.

Let us not confuse the goal at hand by injecting race into the issue. We must educate our black brethren to understand what is at stake for all American Citizens. To here the truth from our black leaders would be of great help. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what the exploitation of cheep labor does to working class America.

Never in time has there been this much exploitation of so many, only to benefit so very few of the wealthiest among us.

Together We Stand, Divided We Fall.

got two more recruits today -- 2 black ladies I met at the hospital.

I had to send my aunt to the emergency room this morning. I went to her doctors office which was upstairs and met a very nice older lady sitting by the elevator as I was leaving. I started talking with her and asked her if she knew what was going on in the streets of OUR country, she said she knew a little but not much.

I told her what was going on and how these foreigners were comparing this to the civil rights protests of the 60's and that her 'leaders' were supporting these illegals --she thought that was the stupidest thing she'd heard of. I asked her to spread the word so people won't be fooled -- she said she would. I could imagine the looks I was getting while I was stooped down by her chair, we must have talked about 5 or 10 minutes.

then I talked to the nurse in the emergency room, she didn't know much about what was going on either, she had heard about a protest but I don't think she'd seen the crowd on tv. I told her what what was going on and how they are trying to blaze the trail left by black citizens -- but if they wanted to do that they needed to protests in THEIR country not OURS.

Very nice lady, we laughed about how these people don't want a bunch of mad black women after 'em. She said she was going to start watching and would spread the word.

update on one of the young ladies I talked to the other day.

I asked her if she got a chance to check into what we had talked about. She said she watched it on TV that night and it scared her so bad she called her grandmother -- she couldn't believe 'these people' that were here illegally were protesting in our country to be 'legal.'

There were two other employees that came up as we were talking, a guy and a young girl -- both white. He knew all about La Raza and the movement to reconquer the west, he said they discuss it at his other job.

After our discussion today, I don't think any of them will be ignoring what's going on any more and he will probably keep them briefed.

we definitely have a strong backing from the african american youth and elderly. There is significant tension between african american's and mexicans, it's felt all around california and other states where there is a strong population of black and mexican. I strongly believe that ted kennedy should be ashamed of himself to even compare the great civil rights movement to present day ILLEGAL rights movement. How sickening it would be for Dr. Martin Luther King to see his people giving a free piggy back ride to an illegal alien. I have no doubt that as this issue continues to escalate in the press the african community will realize that it's time to put our colors aside and stand up as AMERICAN CITIZENS and UNITE to fight against illegal invasion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast