Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Christmas

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

These reminds me of when we still lived in NJ. This was in the mid 1990's and a school district banned green and red sprinkles on cupcakes because it would "offend" others. If this were in my school district, I think I would have baked the largest cupcakes and doused them with red and green sprinkles-but that is just me

This is getting worse every year. Between this and the Chinese toy recall I wish people would boycott the materialistic aspect of Christmas all together and show the clout and spending power those of us who celebrate Christmas have. Unfortunately, as a society, there is too much greed and too much spoiling. God forbid Little Johnny doesn't have 85 gifts to open up. Just for a fact, on the news they were talking about this newest toy recall that has the Date Rape Drug on it. A woman says-what am I gonna do-my child wanted that toy-what am I supposed to tell him? Well- I Feel like saying to her-tell your kid he is lucky he did not get that toy and get sick and die. The mother is more concerned over the fact that the kid will be upset over a TOY? Shouldn't she first be happy he never got the toy and second be mad that we have sold our soul to China?
    Shouldn't she be mad at what this government has allowed to happen with illegals, free trade and NAFTA?

Ya...dangerous cupcakes. Those elected officials are on the ball...banning cupcakes all together.

I will continue to use all the colors in the spectrum and if anyone complains I will make their day...not.

The celebration of Christmas is what you make it. I enjoy being with my family and giving for ths sake of giving.

This year I am saving alot of (almost worthless) money by not buying anything from China. I plan on baking apple pies and on the top crust it will say U.S.A.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I also thought of something that I heard last Christmas season- I cannot remember but one of the conservative radio guys who is Jewish. He said when he is wished a Merry Christmas he does not get mad. Why would anyone get mad-they are wishing you something kind and happy. They are not saying something mean.

I know quite a few Jewish people-who obviously don't get involved in the religious aspect of Christmas but they like the music, the festive spirit. They exchange gifts with me. They are not offended by Christmas. One told me that he is strong enough in his own beliefs to be able to appreciate and enjoy aspects of Christmas. I thought that was lovely.

If someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah I would not be offended. Why should I -they are wishing me something nice not bad. As a matter of fact, I look forward to Passover every year to get my Kosher coke and Pepsi. My Jewish friend I referenced above looks forward to Christmas time for a lot of the seasonal goodies as well.

Again, like with illegal aliens, the majority of people are being raked over the coals by a minority of people in the PC crowd.

Ditto to what you stated Nicole. My thoughts exactly. I went through a phase of saying Happy Holidays so I wouldn't offend, now that the PC crowd has over stepped their bounds I'm saying MERRY CHIRSTMAS.

Everyone seems to think all of California is pro illegal aliens, I'm here to tell you that's not the case. All of the native born American Californian's that I know are just as angry and mad as the rest of America. The problem is that we were invaded first and nobody cared until it started happening to their states.

Here in California we already have our Christmas decorations going up and so far I only see the traditional decorations.

Where I live in California I am also seeing the traditional colors all around. Our kids are grown up now and we have no grandchildren yet. But, Christmas is a very big tradition in our family. It is such a festive time of the year. I try to make store employees tell me Merry Christmas. I am so sick of Happy Holidays I could scream. One gal kinda looked both ways at checkout and told me Merry Christmas. She said she was appalled when they told her she had to say Happy Holidays.

Pretty soon the little guys and gals won't be able to sit on Santa's lap. That will really p... me off.

We have quite a few legal hispanics in my area. They have been here as long as I have. It is nothing for me to tell them Feliz Navidad -Merry Christmas and they will return the greeting. I remember singing Feliz Navidad in grammar school and that was long ago. But, we also sang Jingle Bells, I Wish you a Merry Christmas, etc. Nobody fought or harassed each other as to the political correctness of these songs. Heck, I bet "Mommy won't even be able to kiss Santa Claus this year. My kids used to laugh at that song.

Long story short, I WILL defy anyone to tell me I CAN'T say Merry Christmas or Happy Thanksgiving. And in turn I have no problem telling someone Happy Hanakah. My yard will be decorated in whatever color I wish and Santa will still be there with his weathered reindeer with Frosty the Snowman AND MY NATIVITY SCENE.

THIS CRAZINESS HAS GOT TO STOP. I want my grandchildren to enjoy the spirit of Christmas like my kids did.

Quote Originally Posted by orchid_noir
    "Anthony" might want to be aware that un-adorned greens are a traditional pagan decoration for Yule, as are candles, apples and other fruits, etc....
    Yes, the red and green colors are thought to be derived from the pagan mistletoe tradition of the Druids. There was a Christian appropriation of those colors, but the other certainly predates it.

Well we are in America and to us, green, red, white, blue, yellow lights , and a fat man in a red and white suit with a long whited beard, means happiness and smiles to our children, to us it Means the Lords birthday and it is our custom to celibrate it.

Find the names of these Idots in every town and start making sure they lose their job, if they are an elected offical ask during a campaign and if they are for changing our customs so we don't OFFEND new people to this country, do all you can to keep them from getting voted in.

If Americans took charge of their towns all across this country we could
    restore this great country and teach people to be tolorant of our cutoms or move to another country of your choice (* if they will have you)
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

A special task force in a Colorado city has recommended banning red and green lights at the Christmas holiday because they fall among the items that are too religious for the city to sponsor.
    I wonder how much this "special task force" is going to cost American taxpayers. This is a country that was founded on Christian principles. Also Santa Claus and Christmas trees have been an important part of the holiday we all share. If anyone is "offended by this, GET OUT."

New York's Empire State Building gets to be all LIT UP WITH GREEN LIGHTS FOR THE RAMADAN HOLIDAYS. WHY IS IT THAT MUSLIMS GET SPECIAL TREATMENT, WHILE AMERICANS get dogged every time we have a special holiday to celebrate?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]New York's Empire State Building gets to be all LIT UP WITH GREEN LIGHTS FOR THE RAMADAN HOLIDAYS. WHY IS IT THAT MUSLIMS GET SPECIAL TREATMENT, WHILE AMERICANS get dogged every time we have a special holiday to celebrate?[/quote

Because we don't complain, we have been raised to be respectful and tolorant of other peoples religions and customs, but we have not forced others who have come here to do the same.

This is our fault for letting them get away with it and it has gone way to far!! It is our country and if we do not stand up for it WHO WILL!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    New York's Empire State Building gets to be all LIT UP WITH GREEN LIGHTS FOR THE RAMADAN HOLIDAYS. WHY IS IT THAT MUSLIMS GET SPECIAL TREATMENT, WHILE AMERICANS get dogged every time we have a special holiday to celebrate?[/quote

Because we don't complain, we have been raised to be respectful and tolorant of other peoples religions and customs, but we have not forced others who have come here to do the same. This is our fault for letting them get away with it and it has gone way to far!! It is our country and if we do not stand up for it WHO WILL!!
    I totally agree SOSAD but I will add if we do complain we are called biggoted and intolerant-even though the US is the most diverse and tolerant country in the world.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast