Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    He's simply an unacceptable choice.
    To Republicans that understand his past actions and record, and anyone else that is pro-immigration enforcement. But, he's the liberal MSM darling and that's why he id being pushed because he would fracture the Republican Party and get his ass handed to him in the presidential election.
    I agree. His nomination will destroy what's left of the Republican party. He'd simply put the final nail in its coffin in a general election. Despite the media pundits' assertion that he'd be a threat in a general election, they know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    All I know is that McCain needs to lose in South Carolina tomorrow. It will be more difficult to get him out of the race later. A win in South Carolina will have the media claiming him the nominee, and practically forcing our agreement. I refuse to accept McCain as the voice of the Republican majority, and every Republican I know feels likewise. He will not be forced down our throats. He's simply an unacceptable choice.
    I agree Saki. I will NOT vote for McCain (or Huckabee or Giuliani) under any circumstances. McCain has been too wrong on too many issues for too long.

And the MSM will probably fawn over him if he wins SC. But regarding a possible McCain win in SC, I read this interesting speculation in the National Review:
    ------------

Momentum [Shannen Coffin]

Rich, I'd have to say that this a race in which momentum is too fleeting to support a long term prediction. You seem to be placing an inordinate amount of weight on the South Carolina primary. That may be supportable by recent history and conventional wisdom, but I'm not sure it fits the paradigm of this race (if you can even find a paradigm for this race). Let's start with the proposition that no one is picking up a large plurality of the national polls, which is likely explained simply by the fact that there is no obvious standard bearer for the base. McCain's momentum, if you call it that, puts him at no more than about 1/3 of Republican voters (and even that may be weighted with Independents). Romney, on the other hand, leads in the delegate count and has won one contested state and one more or less uncontested state. But if he picks up Nevada, he'll continue to pick up delegates and have three wins under his belt. At some point, the uncontested wins count, too, and collectively, they can't be ignored. If he keeps collecting them while finishing respectably in contested states, he'll be able to fight this out for a lot longer. And given the fracture in the base, I have a hard time envisioning a McCain sweep on Super Tuesday. So at this stage, I don't see South Carolina as a do or die state for any of the major contenders on the Republican side. It helps the winner, but it seems but one step in a multi-step battle this year. I doubt it turns anything around.

Note that I don't have a particular horse in this race. There are a couple of guys I could live with, but no one that has closed the deal with me just yet.

01/17 05:10 PM

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... E3MjdhMzU=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Well , Fox keeps posting that mcAmnesty is running a huge lead
    in SC ,
    I don't know how you can stand watching Fox News.

Anyway, the RCP Average for SC shows McCain up by 4.2, hardly a huge lead:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... aries.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Well , Fox keeps posting that mcAmnesty is running a huge lead
    in SC ,
    I don't know how you can stand watching Fox News.

Anyway, the RCP Average for SC shows McCain up by 4.2, hardly a huge lead:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... aries.html
    I've seen a lot of numbers on this

Keep in mind , Obama was a huge favorite in NH and Hillary came from way behind to kick his butt

I'm kind of thinking maybe this will happen again ,

I do watch CNN off and on also but I do like some of the daytime people on Fox , Except Shep Smith , the guys a raving symp

The Hannity and Combes show has been pretty good , one hour of all politics now ,

Everything that I am seeing is indicating that McCain has a strong lead in SC.

However, they are also reporting a lot of voters who have not made up their mind.

The polls for Michigan only showed Romney leading by less than one point---and Romney ended up winning by 9 points (maybe it was 10).
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    These polls are really no different than handicapping a football
    game

Sometimes they get it really wrong

And given the fracture in the base
    this statement is very prescient. This year is quite different from the recent past. The Republican party is very fractured this year. Huckleberry, I predict will fade after SC, even if he wins. McCain will be a big problem if he wins but as time goes on, Romney will look much better to Republicans than McCain. Ghuiliani is the wild card but he hasn't done anything yet or picked up any momentum. Then, you cannot forget about Fred Thompson. Somehow, if he could take a third place in SC, he will still, be lurking.

Banned
    I think Rudi would have had a better chance running as a Dem

Really

I do think Romney will win in the end , the majority of the repub base just
    wont get behind McCain

Rudi may take Florida , if he doesn't he will be done ,

I really believe the pro-amnesty stand of McCain will cost him lots of votes in South Carolina and elsewhere.Lindsey Graham buddying with him will cost him votes also.I have a feeling that Mc will not come in first in South Carolina.Voters still have senate Bill #2611 from last year in their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    He STILL hasn't called me back for the $50/hr lettuce-picking job...
    What gives?

(Or just remember the now-famous comment by McPain: "Friends, you can't do this job...")
    Yeah, he didn't call me either. I called him, I emailed him. No reply. What a total jerk!!

I cannot believe anyone with a brain would support that idiot!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast