04/30/06
Reader urges counter protests

Editor:

As you know, the illegal aliens and their supporters are going to stage a boycott of America on May 1.

The illegals and their supporters want to prove to the citizens of the United States that we cannot do without their services. They want to force us to give them amnesty for breaking our immigration laws and crossing our borders illegally. As one protester stated on national TV: "We are the ones who have built America and made America great." They believe they deserve citizenship immediately.

I suggest that on May 2, we refuse their services. If they cut your grass, clean your pools, trim your trees, paint your houses or any other job "Americans won't do," then send them home on that day. Do not go to the stores that hire them. Do not go to the restaurants that employ them in their kitchens.

Tell the employer why you refuse their services. Explain to them that you no longer know who is legal and who is illegal, that you have no problem with legal immigrants, in fact you welcome them with open arms.

We are not racist, as some will say. We just want people to obey our laws. No longer will we accept them being paid under the table, giving false Social Security numbers and draining our health care and welfare systems.

If you truly believe, as I do, that our voices must be heard, then I ask that you stand with me for what is right and just.

Robin Stublen

Punta Gorda