Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bank of America offering credit cards to illegal immigrants

Bank of America launches credit card for illegal immigrants

Bank of America, the country's second-largest bank, "has quietly begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers -- typically illegal immigrants," according to the Wall Street Journal.

Customers can qualify for a credit card if they have had a checking account at the bank for at least three months. They are required to leave a deposit and pay a relatively high interest rate, according to the paper.

The program is controversial. Bank of America says it will help undocumented workers build good credit. But critics say one of the USA's largest financial institutions should not be helping people who violate the country's immigration laws.
    More from this article in USAToday.comhttp://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...f_america.html

Bank of AMERICA? I don't think so.

Malkin has the story too!

Bank of Illegal Aliens in America
    By Michelle Malkin · February 13, 2007 09:21 AM

boa.jpg
    Higher standards...except for illegal aliens

Bank of America has introduced a new credit especially and exclusively for law-breaking immigrants. Really. The story is on the front page of the Wall Street Journal today. It's subscription-only. Here are the details:

In the latest sign of the U.S. banking industry's aggressive pursuit of the Hispanic market, Bank of America Corp. has quietly begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers -- typically illegal immigrants.

In recent years, banks across the country have begun offering checking accounts and, in some cases, mortgages to the nation's fast-growing ranks of undocumented immigrants, most of whom are Hispanic. But these immigrants generally haven't been able to get major credit cards, making it hard for them to develop a credit history and expand their purchasing power.

The new Bank of America program is open to people who lack both a Social Security number and a credit history, as long as they have held a checking account with the bank for three months without an overdraft. Most adults in the U.S. who don't have a Social Security number are undocumented immigrants.

The Charlotte, N.C., banking giant tested the program last year at five branches in Los Angeles, and last week expanded it to 51 branches in Los Angeles County, home to the largest concentration of illegal immigrants in the U.S. The bank hopes to roll out the program nationally later this year.

The banking giant salivating over the massive illegal alien market insists it's doing nothing wrong:

Bank of America defends the program, saying it complies with U.S. banking and antiterrorism laws. Company executives say that the initiative isn't about politics, but rather about meeting the needs of an untapped group of potential customers.

"These people are coming here for quality of life, and they deserve somebody to give them a chance to achieve that quality of life," says Brian Tuite, the bank's director of Latin America card operations and one of the architects of the program.

BoA is defying federal immigration laws:

1907 Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) Offenses

Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic transportation of unauthorized aliens, concealing or harboring unauthorized aliens, encouraging or inducing unauthorized aliens to enter the United States, and engaging in a conspiracy or aiding and abetting any of the preceding acts. Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry. Subsection 1324(a)(3).

Encouraging/Inducing -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv) makes it an offense for any person who -- encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law.

Conspiracy/Aiding or Abetting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(v) expressly makes it an offense to engage in a conspiracy to commit or aid or abet the commission of the foregoing offenses.

Penalties -- The basic statutory maximum penalty for violating 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(i) and (v)(I) (alien smuggling and conspiracy) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both. With regard to violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(ii)-(iv) and (v)(ii), domestic transportation, harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting, the basic statutory maximum term of imprisonment is 5 years, unless the offense was committed for commercial advantage or private financial gain, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is 10 years. In addition, significant enhanced penalties are provided for in violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1) involving serious bodily injury or placing life in jeopardy. Moreover, if the violation results in the death of any person, the defendant may be punished by death or by imprisonment for any term of years. The basic penalty for a violation of subsection 1324(a)(2) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(A). Enhanced penalties are provided for violations involving bringing in criminal aliens, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i), offenses done for commercial advantage or private financial gain, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(ii), and violations where the alien is not presented to an immigration officer immediately upon arrival, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(iii). A mandatory minimum three year term of imprisonment applies to first or second violations of § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i) or (B)(ii). Further enhanced punishment is provided for third or subsequent offenses.

So what is the Bush Department of Homeland Security doing? Using the BoA outrage to argue for its amnesty plan that would reward illegal aliens en masse! They do not get it:

Department of Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said banking products aimed at illegal immigrants "reinforce the need for a temporary worker program" that the Bush administration has been promoting. That program would screen, tax and otherwise regulate immigrant workers and, the administration contends, would squeeze out illegal workers who now use forged or stolen documents to get jobs, driver's licenses and occasionally credit.

Dios mio. Banking products aimed at illegal immigrants do not "reinforce the need for a temporary worker program." They reinforce the need to enforce the borders, strengthen interior enforcement of immigration laws, and punish companies openly flouting the rule of law.

Score another victory for phony baloney homeland security.

Fun fact: Bush's first Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (2003-2005), Eduardo Aguirre, was President of International Private Banking for Bank of America, where he worked for 24 years.

Flashback: The Illegal Alien Gold Card

iagoldcard.jpg

Flashback: Banking on illegal immigration

Flashback: Banking on American stupidity

Flashback: Businessweek "Embracing Illegals - Companies are getting hooked on the buying power of 11 million undocumented immigrants"
    http://michellemalkin.com/archives/006861.htm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    Malkin has the story too!

Bank of Illegal Aliens in America
    By Michelle Malkin · February 13, 2007 09:21 AM

boa.jpg
    Higher standards...except for illegal aliens

Bank of America has introduced a new credit especially and exclusively for law-breaking immigrants. Really. The story is on the front page of the Wall Street Journal today. It's subscription-only. Here are the details:

In the latest sign of the U.S. banking industry's aggressive pursuit of the Hispanic market, Bank of America Corp. has quietly begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers -- typically illegal immigrants.

In recent years, banks across the country have begun offering checking accounts and, in some cases, mortgages to the nation's fast-growing ranks of undocumented immigrants, most of whom are Hispanic. But these immigrants generally haven't been able to get major credit cards, making it hard for them to develop a credit history and expand their purchasing power.

The new Bank of America program is open to people who lack both a Social Security number and a credit history, as long as they have held a checking account with the bank for three months without an overdraft. Most adults in the U.S. who don't have a Social Security number are undocumented immigrants.

The Charlotte, N.C., banking giant tested the program last year at five branches in Los Angeles, and last week expanded it to 51 branches in Los Angeles County, home to the largest concentration of illegal immigrants in the U.S. The bank hopes to roll out the program nationally later this year.

The banking giant salivating over the massive illegal alien market insists it's doing nothing wrong:

Bank of America defends the program, saying it complies with U.S. banking and antiterrorism laws. Company executives say that the initiative isn't about politics, but rather about meeting the needs of an untapped group of potential customers.

"These people are coming here for quality of life, and they deserve somebody to give them a chance to achieve that quality of life," says Brian Tuite, the bank's director of Latin America card operations and one of the architects of the program.

BoA is defying federal immigration laws:

1907 Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) Offenses

Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic transportation of unauthorized aliens, concealing or harboring unauthorized aliens, encouraging or inducing unauthorized aliens to enter the United States, and engaging in a conspiracy or aiding and abetting any of the preceding acts. Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry. Subsection 1324(a)(3).

Encouraging/Inducing -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv) makes it an offense for any person who -- encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law.

Conspiracy/Aiding or Abetting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(v) expressly makes it an offense to engage in a conspiracy to commit or aid or abet the commission of the foregoing offenses.

Penalties -- The basic statutory maximum penalty for violating 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(i) and (v)(I) (alien smuggling and conspiracy) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both. With regard to violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(ii)-(iv) and (v)(ii), domestic transportation, harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting, the basic statutory maximum term of imprisonment is 5 years, unless the offense was committed for commercial advantage or private financial gain, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is 10 years. In addition, significant enhanced penalties are provided for in violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1) involving serious bodily injury or placing life in jeopardy. Moreover, if the violation results in the death of any person, the defendant may be punished by death or by imprisonment for any term of years. The basic penalty for a violation of subsection 1324(a)(2) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(A). Enhanced penalties are provided for violations involving bringing in criminal aliens, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i), offenses done for commercial advantage or private financial gain, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(ii), and violations where the alien is not presented to an immigration officer immediately upon arrival, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(iii). A mandatory minimum three year term of imprisonment applies to first or second violations of § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i) or (B)(ii). Further enhanced punishment is provided for third or subsequent offenses.

So what is the Bush Department of Homeland Security doing? Using the BoA outrage to argue for its amnesty plan that would reward illegal aliens en masse! They do not get it:

Department of Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said banking products aimed at illegal immigrants "reinforce the need for a temporary worker program" that the Bush administration has been promoting. That program would screen, tax and otherwise regulate immigrant workers and, the administration contends, would squeeze out illegal workers who now use forged or stolen documents to get jobs, driver's licenses and occasionally credit.

Dios mio. Banking products aimed at illegal immigrants do not "reinforce the need for a temporary worker program." They reinforce the need to enforce the borders, strengthen interior enforcement of immigration laws, and punish companies openly flouting the rule of law.

Score another victory for phony baloney homeland security.

Fun fact: Bush's first Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (2003-2005), Eduardo Aguirre, was President of International Private Banking for Bank of America, where he worked for 24 years.

Flashback: The Illegal Alien Gold Card

iagoldcard.jpg

Flashback: Banking on illegal immigration

Flashback: Banking on American stupidity

Flashback: Businessweek "Embracing Illegals - Companies are getting hooked on the buying power of 11 million undocumented immigrants"
    http://michellemalkin.com/archives/006861.htm
    CV, I am an American who has no SSN, and I am most certainly NOT an illegal alien. I would venture to say that there are forces that are using the immigration crisis to attempt to turn public opinion against those of us who for religious or other reasons have declined the voluntary acceptance of the SSN and participation in the Social Security scam.

I'm a little confused Crocket?
    The story doesn't show any path to getting and ultimately requiring a SS#?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    I'm a little confused Crocket?
    The story doesn't show any path to getting and ultimately requiring a SS#?
    I don't understand your question. The story is about a program from B of A that allows those with no SSN or credit history (which hasn't always, but now does, require an SSN to track) to obtain a credit card:

The new Bank of America program is open to people who lack both a Social Security number and a credit history, as long as they have held a checking account with the bank for three months without an overdraft.
    That is the issue. The author has chosen to editorialize with irrelevant comments such as:

Most adults in the U.S. who don't have a Social Security number are undocumented immigrants.
    Really? I would like to see the statistics for that, because I know that there are millions of native-born Americans who choose not to have an SSN.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I don't understand your question. The story is about a program from B of A that allows those with no SSN or credit history (which hasn't always, but now does, require an SSN to track) to obtain a credit card:
    The new Bank of America program is open to people who lack both a Social Security number and a credit history, as long as they have held a checking account with the bank for three months without an overdraft.
    That's why I got confused Crocket; the story says in the quote above that the program is open to those who lack both a SS# and a credit history. I didn't see anything saying a SS# will be required?

I guess I just must be missing the point you were trying to make.

Crocket,
    This story isn't just being reported or editorialized by Malkin. It is also being reported by business news agencies as well, for what it is, not Americans w/o SS#'s but an overt offering to Illegal aliens (mexicans) w/o any documentation who are able to open checking accounts at these traitor banks.

The business community is worried about all the imminent defaults and who will pay for it (US, Americans).

http://search.cnbc.com/main.do?target=a ... %20America

Look on the rh side for video
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Hey guys, this right now is being discussed on the Neil Cuvato show on Fox, if you can catch a repeat of the program tonight, oh heck its not on again until 4am eastern time maybe the ones who can, can tape it it was a really good piece about illegal immigration and the bank of america.!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I feel sorry for the people whose identity they are using as in the end that person will have to pay. They need ID and an SSN to get a driver's license. The collection agnecies will hound the real person who was a victim of identity theft and place a lein on their property. The bank is only aiding and abetting criminals in my eyes.
    Even if it does not involve identity theft, we get screwed in the end as banks can increase service fees and interest rates on loans and credit cards to regain that lost income so once again Americans pay the illegals way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From what they are saying on the Cuvato show, these illegals probably don't have SS numbers they are paying a much higher price then we do because they don't have ss numbers, that is not stopping the Bank from loaning them money. If anyone knows how to get transcripts of Neil Cuvato show, it needs to be posted here, this is a wonderful segment and a long one about what is going on with illegals and our banks!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast