Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thank Goodness I deal with Wachovia. There if they think you are illegal they will shut down your account. I know someone who did not have a SSN and the North Miami Beach branch they dealt with closed their account and that person had to go in person and speak to someone at the bank to reopen it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay...a question for you all.

I am an insurance agent. If someone who is illegal comes into my office wanting to buy auto insurance, should I sell it to him?
    Listen to justfredradio.com - Monday through Friday!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justfred

I am an insurance agent. If someone who is illegal comes into my office wanting to buy auto insurance, should I sell it to him?
    What type of insurance? What sort of ID is given? How do you know the person is illegal? If you know the person is illegal, why don't you call ICE?

Your question seems overly broad...

Hell no, he is breaking our laws by being here, he is illegal, if you sold him the insurance, then he had a wreck and filed a claim, would you then refuse to pay on the claim by stating he is illegal and not entitled to insurance? It would be a good way out of paying wouldnt it?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

What type of insurance? What sort of ID is given? How do you know the person is illegal? If you know the person is illegal, why don't you call ICE?

Auto insurance - liability only.

In this case the individual had no SS number but had (what appeared to be) a valid state drivers license.

Call ICE? I don't even know what that is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

Auto insurance - liability only.

In this case the individual had no SS number but had (what appeared to be) a valid state drivers license.

Call ICE? I don't even know what that is.
    You didn't say how you knew the person was an illegal alien.

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty

Hell no, he is breaking our laws by being here, he is illegal, if you sold him the insurance, then he had a wreck and filed a claim, would you then refuse to pay on the claim by stating he is illegal and not entitled to insurance? It would be a good way out of paying wouldnt it?
    No. We would file the claim and pay accordingly. There are no citizenship requirements to purchase auto insurance. With some companies, you don'e even need to have a valid license.

I have seen several posters complain that illegals are driving around without licenses or insurance. In this case, the individual had what appeared to be a valid license, but no SS number. Should I refuse to sell him a policy and encourage him to drive around uninusred?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty

No. We would file the claim and pay accordingly. There are no citizenship requirements to purchase auto insurance. With some companies, you don'e even need to have a valid license.

I have seen several posters complain that illegals are driving around without licenses or insurance. In this case, the individual had what appeared to be a valid license, but no SS number. Should I refuse to sell him a policy and encourage him to drive around uninusred?
    I know that it's true that you don't have to be a citizen to buy insurance because I have purchased short term insurance when I spent protracted periods of time in other countries. If you're going to drive and if your own insurance may not be sufficient (or if the driving there is so risky that you don't want anything there going on your insurance back home) it's a good idea.

But it appears that you did not know that the person was an illegal alien. He could have been a resident alien of someone here on some other visa. In that case, there is no reason not to sell insurance or provide any other service, any more than you would want to be denied services in some other country if you had to spend a protracted period of time there.

BTW - ICE is the enforcement arm of what used to be the INS.

That is almost what happened to my friend. An illegal was driving and ran a red light. The elderly man had a green light and started driving and ended up hitting her as he could not move into any other lanes. The illegal hispanic woman was driving her boyfriends car and was unlicensed. She tried to say the old man ran the light but it didn't work as their was a police officer behind him the seen it. The boyfriend was legal and had a license and insurance and the comapny said it would pay 80% as it was partially the old mans fault. They offered just over $1,800 saying that is what it would cost and wanted him to sign off on it. I said no way as the damage was close to $6,000 from quotes from body shops. We wouldn't take the $1,800 check and wanted the car repaired to the condition it was in before the accident. The company is Hispanic and the only non Hispanics there are a few African Americans. I went to fight them on it. They used every excuse you could imagine not to pay. Starting with racism stating that there was no Hispanic witness. I replied that an African American officer witnessed a white man have an accident. Where is the racism?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    I just called B of A to protest this. They said the credit cards are fully insured and the people who apply for them have to have the money up front. For a $500 credit card they have to have $500. So I brought up the pilot program for home loans they did last year and that I read they plan to expand it.

I told them I'm shopping for a home and I will keep my 2 accounts with them (all true) so I meet the requirements that they have for illegal immigrants. But when I apply for a home loan I will refuse a credit check. The guy said I have to have a credit check. I said "OH NO, no double standards here. You can't have higher requirements for citizens than illegals" I further told him if I was refused financing on that basis or for credit I will sue them for discrimination. The guy got exasperated and kept trying to go back to the credit cards. I kept steering him back to double standards and promotion of illegal activity. At the end he said he understood what I was saying. I told him it's important that B of A understand that point because I surely won't be the only citizen who would take action like that.
    A private company does not have to give anyone a loan even if your credit score is 900 and you are a millionaire. You can argue discrimination, but proving so is a different story. Besides, what is your remedy you are seeking?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast