Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Firemaneric, you are so right. I just read wikipedias' decription of Richardson, and he may definitly be a citizen of Mexico and in his own words was sent to be born in California. If Hillary chooses him as her running mate we will rip them to shreds with this information. When people find this out it It willl be like an atom bomb destroying their chances for election.

If it is also true that Obama will not say the pledge of allegiance or has displayed any type of unpatriotic behavior it will come out during the campaign and it sink his campaign faster than anything we could of hoped for. Lets hope this info is true, this could be our lucky day!

mapwife, you're welcome

After my time in TX, I felt I needed to find information about Richardson. My dad is an OTR driver and he has stated on more than one occasion that New Mexico is corrupt to the core. I don't know all the in's and out's about New Mexico, I only know the experience I had when I lived in El Paso and they passed some legislation that drove illegals away. I am sure there are still a number of illegals harboring in NM however because Richardson views the immigration situation as he does.

As far as his being a dual citizenship holder with Mexico, that is certainly one to be investigated. If that is so, may it be used for the benefit if he would be on any White House ticket.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

I wonder if we could find out Richardsons legal status in Mexico, if he could be considered a Mexican citizen under Mexican law?

If he lived in Mexico from a new born to the age of 14 he could also claim Mexican citizen ship.

Those excerpts come from an interview of Richardson by journalist Jeff Greenfield for Playboy Magazine-a leftist rag if ever there was one-which I'm in the middle of reading at this very moment.

In answer to your question, "no." At least, not in the technical sense of the term.

The reason he was brought over the border to be born-at least, according to this article-was so that he could qualify for the presidency. Now, I don't know if that's accurate or not, but that's his story.

He would have qualified for naturalization as an American-in all likelihood-once his father returned to the United States, so crossing the border wasn't done so he could simply gain American citizenship, but because his parents wanted him to be eligible for the presidency, as if he has a shot in hell of that ever happening.

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I looked up the actual article (here), and it looks like his father was an American citizen who was born on a boat because his dad collected specimens for museums. It's strange to see you say what you did about about the rise of an "anchor baby" to office ending in a declaration of people born to undocumented parents as American citizens--they already are American citizens, whether you like that or not. It would be nice to see people have a little respect for them, especially considering that you can't control who your parents are. They were born here and grew up here, too. What's the difference between them and you?

Quote Originally Posted by domack
    I think his dad was a US citizen, so he wouldn't be a anchor baby in my book. Hey don't get me wrong I think he's another Mexican racist who only cares about his race. Anyone who is of Mexican decent that is for illegals from Mexico is a racist in my book...The funny thing is MEXICAN IS NOT A RACE, but Mexicans think it is.
    Isn't that like saying that anyone who is white and doesn't support a path to legal status for undocumented immigrants is a racist? Think about your words. There are plenty of reasons to support immigration reform, and VERY few of them have anything to do with race.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews

The Pro-Familia Candidate
    He hopes to find a way to rise to the top tier of Democratic presidential candidates. In the first Democratic debate he never looked comfortable and got kind of lost in the shuffle. He's reputed to be a first-class retail politician ("You know, I hold the world's handshaking record"), but confesses that he's still getting the hang of being a candidate: "I admit I don't have my shtick down yet."

That may include being somewhat unsure when and how to talk about his background, about growing up in Coyoacan, and playing baseball with the poor kids in los barrios bajos, the tough neighborhoods. He addresses it most directly in his memoir, "Between Worlds," when he writes that America is becoming increasingly multicultural:

VIDEO | Gov. Bill Richardson (D-N.M.) was born in Pasadena, Calif., and spent part of his childhood in Mexico. Richardson shares the story of his American father's decision to make sure he was born in the United States -- a decision that made it possible for Richardson to run for president.

"I am representative of that multicultural future: When I first got involved in New Mexico's elective politics, the joke was that I was the perfect political candidate for the state: I have an Anglo surname, I speak fluent Spanish, and I look like a Native American."

To this day, he and his mother speak only in Spanish -- she still lives in Mexico City, and he phones her every Sunday.

"When I was growing up, I didn't know whether I was more Mexican or American. Because I hung around with very poor Mexican kids in my neighborhood and played baseball with them . . . but I was also hanging out with some of the kids of my father's friends, who were American. So I was navigating between both of those worlds."

His father, William Blaine Richardson, had been dispatched to Mexico City as a branch manager for the National City Bank of New York (now Citibank). At the age of 46 he married his 22-year-old secretary, Maria Luisa Lopez-Collada. As a father he was, according to his son, cold and demanding. He constantly pushed his son to do better. After young Bill finished seventh grade, the elder Richardson vowed to send him to America to be educated. The boy didn't want to go; his mother didn't want him to go either. The father's word was law, and Bill Richardson left home for Concord, Mass., and the elite boarding school Middlesex.

Result: culture shock, misery, alienation.

"When I came to Middlesex it was BOOM, you're an American. And you've got to assimilate. And, you know, they'd call me Pancho, and I was a little darker, and I was shy. And I had difficulty adjusting right away to the academics. Because all of a sudden it was all in English."

He thought in Spanish. He dreamed in Spanish. Gradually he evolved into thinking in English. But in the meantime, he evolved into a big man on campus, because he was an outstanding baseball player, a virtually unhittable pitcher who could also clobber the ball at the plate.

"It was baseball that was the bridge, for me, to be accepted as an American, because I made the varsity team that first eighth-grade year."

The Constitution limits the presidency to people born in the United States. Richardson meets that provision only because his father sent his mother by train to California just before she went into labor. He was born in Pasadena, Calif. Then his mother took him promptly back to Mexico City.

"My father had a complex about not having been born in the United States," Richardson said. His father, son of a biologist who collected museum specimens, had been born on a boat heading to Nicaragua. "If my father didn't have this complex, I wouldn't be able to run for president. I wish I'd thanked him. One of the regrets I always have is that I never thanked him."

The taskmaster father died, after a battle with Alzheimer's, in 1972. The younger Richardson writes in his memoir that he and his father had a loving relationship, and he dismisses suggestions made by friends that his father was emotionally abusive. But in the interview he hinted at wounds that never completely healed:

"He was very stern. He was a lot older than my mother. I was 23 when he died. I was mainly sent away to school."

Richardson writes that, like his father, he tends to be too demanding of his subordinates, and that he's too likely to say, jokingly, "You're fired," rather than "Good job." But he also prides himself on his diplomatic skills, particularly his ability to deal with dictators. For example, in 1995, as a congressman, he negotiated the release of two Americans imprisoned in Iraq. He succeeded after a tense meeting in Baghdad with Saddam Hussein (the testy dictator briefly stormed out of the meeting because Richardson crossed his legs, thus revealing the sole of his shoe, which is considered an insult in Arab culture).

"The fact that I was brought up in a bicultural background helps me be a negotiator as a diplomat, as a politician," he said.

Recently someone in California asked him to do a fundraiser for Huntington Hospital, where he was born, and talk about his California roots.

He answered, "My roots are about three hours."

But he's becoming more of a native son as the primary gets closer. California has moved its primary to Feb. 5, early enough in the calendar to be pivotal. His résumé can add another credential:

"I say I'm a Californian."
    Recently someone in California asked him to do a fundraiser for Huntington Hospital, where he was born, and talk about his California roots.

He answered, "My roots are about three hours."
    From this statement it sounds like his mother headed back to Mexico immediately after his birth when he was only three hours old.

"If You Can Read This Thank A Teacher If You Can Read This In English Thank A Soldier!"
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Richardson somehow made it through all elections and became VP, I guarantee you that "comprehensive reform" will not happen. We will have another '86 amnesty.

But, I think that if Hillary were to pick Richardson, the anchor baby/dual citizenship issue will kill their ticket. We all know that illegal immigration affects all of us no matter what our political views are. I am confident that democratic Americans know how important this is.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123