Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good post, fedupdeb.

There sure are alot of illegals in Maryland these days. Growing up in the Baltimore area, I rarely encountered people from other countries, who spoke with an accent, etc. It wasn't until being exposed to the DC Metro area that I saw people from all around the world....legal immigrants, tourists, and these days, illegal aliens. So, it's been an eye-opening experience.

Ostrich

Hello, and thank you for your commentary in regards to my original post.

There are a few reasons why I created my original post. I failed to mention "why" I came from the direction I did.

As anyone can attest, the biggest "argument" that those supporting "illegals" have is that those who oppose the BILL or AMNESTY are white supremecists! Therefore, we hate ALL NON-WHITES. This is how they corral and get cohesive opposition against us. We are the "Evil oppressers".

I understand what you are saying. Even Americans of hispanic/latino origin are against it. But they are seen as fringe elements.

What I am trying to say is that, and this might sound wrong, is that the given support and VOCAL support from the black community legitimizes what ALL OF AMERICA wants. Who best knows the struggles of civil rights? So to me, this would speak volumes by the fact that this IS NOT A CIVIL RIGHTS ISSUE. Well, it is... but in favor of AMERICANS. OUR CIVIL RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED! I am by NO MEANS suggesting that only black americans can understand and deligitimize illegals & their impact on America, but what it does is create the atmosphere that WE ARE ALL UNITED and that this is NOT A RACE thing, but an AMERICAN THING.

So, though I understand the way you put it. I feel that in the sense that "they" use race as a bargaining chip to diminish what we feel is best for america, we can dispel that by having the VOCAL support from black america. I do not MEAN to remove our common feelings about this but sometimes I feel that we have to fight in a manner that is coming against us...

How many times do we hear "go back to europe you racist".. or "you white supremist" etc... Now, don't get me wrong... I can't stress this enough. I WISH that we all could approach this as "americans only"... but they are playing dirty... and we have to neutralize that... Their racist groups like La Lame-a fire them up with talk of racism.....

I just seen a video on youtube where they were telling a black man to "leave their continent".. I just don't get it.

So, I understand where you are coming from. It seems that we all have been trying to move forward and be an America in which we are all "just americans"... but I feel that this needs that legitimacy that personally, only black americans can supply. I don't agree with it.. because like the poster said, we are all americans.. but we are not only fighting against the 'idea' of the bill.. but we are fighting against the media who seem to "ignore" this situation, and seem to make it a focus on "us" racist white people.

They are splitting us americans into pieces and discrediting the 'white america' as 'nativists' or whatever "ist" or "ism" word they can make up. Then not even making a note of any other support from any other "non white communities"..

Trust me... you will not hear a peep from the protest tomorrow on television. I guarantee you that their will be assualts against AMERICANS... and you will not hear a peep......

yet, how many lawsuites.. how many camera crews... how much has that march in macarthur park been on TV? and some HOODLUMS started the whole commotion..

SO, in short.. I created the seperation... because I feel that it would create more of a unified front for our movement on this. Do you realize how many americans DO NOT SUPPORT this bill yet they are silent? - cause they think they are racist if they stand against it? I have had talks with people about this. I said "black americans, hispanic americans" are against this.. they don't believe me.. they believe the Sh*T the media feeds them.. that to oppose it makes them racists..... so they don't call, and they don't become active to oppose it....

I just get so pissed.... all these politicians pandered to certain voters...and now they think they have those votes in the pocket, they start searching for other "NEW" voters.... screw the rest....

On a side note: I was reading in the paper today about that BIG IPO that happened with that builder company. Schwartmen or whatever his name is, one of the prominents, will walk away with something like 7 billion after the IPO. The news said "those who were lucky to get into the buy for the IPO" will be very wealthy....etc.... Funny thing is, they failed to mention that only the ALREADY VERY WEALTHY CAN BUY INTO THE IPO WHEN IT FIRST OPENS.. After it already gains a TON... theny "poor" us can have a hand at it a few weeks down the road. Of course at higher price. The RICH get MUCH RICHER.. and they exploit Anyone and EVERYONE to get that way... if that means pandering to us one day, and slamming the door on us the next.. they will..

I wonder how much Kennedy is getting to try and push this thru.. If 80% of country DO NOT WANT IT.. who's interests is he pushing.. certainly not Americas? If not the people, then who?... McCain too.....

If you are interested in a web site with a Black American point of view check out Chooseblackamerica.com

I use it every day.

Yeah, I been there a few times. I didn't see alot of information. I will look again. I posted that link on a few other forums I visit.

I hope I didn't come off in a bad light. I was trying to be articulate in way that 'wakes people up' - those who are not in the know of what is going on here right now... and the struggle.

Deb, pm on the side and I will explain my position in a more elegant way.

fedupdeb.......

I have been saying for quite some time, that blacks and whites must join together in this fight. I was born and raised in Pa, but I lived in Alabama when George Wallace was gov. I remember vividly the way he treated blacks.

When I went to Alabama, there were actually chains in some stores dividing the "white side" from the "black side." You entered through separate doors! This disgusted me and I would enter through the black door, which always caused a flap. Tough! This was NOT the way I was raised.

I have NO respect for Jesse Jackson OR Al Sharpton. And I hate the way CNN, MSNBC and FOX cowtows to them, especially Sharpton. And I can not believe the black people of America have respect for them either.

I believe totally, that illegal aliens are being given the jobs of blacks and whites, for the GREEDY BENEFIT OF THE EMPLOYERS.

I have no idea what the ethnicity of any alipac member is....and furthermore, I don't care. As you say, WE ARE AMERICANS. My forebears came from Belgium in 1632. I AM NOT a Belgium-American. I am an AMERICAN. My children are AMERICANS, and my grandchildren are AMERICANS.

GOD BLESS AND BE WITH EVERY PERSON, REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR OR CREED, WHO IS FIGHTING TO SAVE AMERICA.

FedupDeb said:
    I did not say African-American, because I have NEVER referred to myself as such. I AM AN AMERICAN!

God Bless You Deb...I wish thier were more AMERICANS out there like you.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

What has amazed me by this entire illegal immigration debate, is that Americans are coming together like they never have before, regardless of race. This country has been divided for so long, on so many issues, but look at the polls. People are sticking together on this one.

It just goes to show that when America is threatened, we all fight together.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Thanks for your response. We are ALL in this together!
    Yes we are. WE ARE AMERICANS. Keep in mind that the government is served best by Americans being split. Who do you think benefits most from a divided America? The government. Imagine if Americans came together and forgets about the superfical differences we have. Imagine the good we could do if we put our collective strengths together and TOOK BACK our government.

We are getting there, we have a lot of work to do. KEEP FIGHTING, EDUCATING, and CALLING and we will win.

Rock on baby!
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

BrightNail, I hope you did not think that I was casting aspersions upon you for initiating this discussion. Actually, I thank you. It has fueled a necessary dialogue.

I am in total agreement with all who feel the black voice should be more pronounced. Unfortunately, there are blacks who are also concerned with being labeled as racist. This is particularly disturbing considering our history in this country. I, for one, could care less what they think of me. I know who I am.

The pro-illegal movement has cunningly played the race card. Consequently, all opposed to this illegal invasion, are being castigated as bigots. Of course, we know that this issue has nothing whatsoever to do with race. Nor, is it a civil rights issue.

The sinister ploys being utilized by the pro-amnesty groups are designed to divide and conquer. We, as patriotic Americans, will not be divided. We have a right, and an obligation, to fight for our country.

With a few exceptions, our elected representatives have chosen to ignore the will of the people. Integrity and patriotism have been supplanted by greed. I am well aware of the pro-amnesty stance of Barrack Obama. I sent him a scathing letter to convey my disappointment. I don’t expect a response, other than an impersonal form letter.

I heard someone mention that this issue is not about left or right, but about right and wrong. I couldn’t agree more. In response to this issue, I am witnessing an unprecedented level of camaraderie, in particular between black and white Americans. Contrary to their intentions, this issue has been the catalyst for bringing us together as one nation. I can only pray that soon more eyes will open to the truth.

All of us patriots at Alipac must continue to spread the truth, and thwart the passage of this bill. We are in the fight of our lives, and failure is not an option.

Reading the other thread - the beginning of it anyway - it seemed as though the question was directed toward black "leaders". (in quotations because i don't think they really lead anything other than the media circus surrounding them) If that was the case, i'd have to agree. Why isn't sharpton or jesse jackson up in arms about this?

I saw a documentary covering the evolution of gangs in los angeles. They had a good start, fighting the racist population and police. Somewhere along the line, though, the gang members would have some kids, recognize the need for a job, and go get one. That was before tons and tons of factories were moved out of LA to mexico and other countries. Then you had a generation ready to take responsibility for themselves, but all of the jobs they were counting on were gone.

Now what are they supposed to do? Thousands and thousands of blue collar jobs were lost 20 years ago, and now the invaders are taking the rest, yet the "leaders" decide to focus on paris hilton instead. Thats messed up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123