Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THE BOARD IS LEANING TO THE RIGHT

Im a liberal. I consider American worker replacement programs to be anti citizen. In the last week or so I see this discussion board incorporating conservative ideologies including religion.

I live in the District right next to Tom Tancredo. While I would work diligently for and with him on imigration and visa programs. we do not agree on much else.
    Im pro choice
    Enviornmentally active
    anti war.
    Pro UN
    Don't mind Government involved in issues to bring about change.
    If you want to see what lazie faire can do to a state and metro area look what Colorado republicans have done here. Constant budget problems and the fastest growing illegal population in the nation. Now the dems rule the legislature and they suck.

Dont like people sticking their religion in my politics.

If this is a conservative think tank then Im in the wrong place.
    If you want to work to deal with american worker replacement issues Im your boy.
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

I'm sure that many of us will have disagreements on different subjects. Lets all work hard to stay on track for this issue "illegal immigration" .

Jrhino--if this WERE a conservative think tank, I wouldn't have been here for as long as I've been here. I am NOT a liberal NOR am I a right wing Republican. I am an Independent who IS pro choice but my liberal philosopy probably stops there. HOWEVER, I have SERIOUS problems with ANYONE trying to cram their religion down my throat and I have just RARELY found that to be an issue at ALIPAC. I don't say that we haven't had a FEW, but VERY FEW, in the past who might have mentioned religion in their arguments but certainly not in an offensive way.

We really do TRY to stay "on topic" but, occasionally, we do wander off-topic when there is an important issue that might be INDIRECTLY related to illegal immigration.

So, I can ASSURE you that you are not in the midst of a right-wing THINK TANK or I would be GONE!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Yes, I'd say our board leans right which makes the voices from the left more important here to add balance.

We've had people on our boards that have said

"I'm a liberal social worker and im madder than hell about this!"

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And this is how they keep us at each others' throats. Division.....
    You're a leftist or he's a rightist......

If we don't choose up a side from their short menu, they will have a difficult time devising and using a strategy of that nature against us.

A massive "decline to state" party affiliation on the next voter re-registration should send that message loud and clear.

In the meantime, try not to let the tangent agendas poison this one.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Right, left, what does it matter. The issue here is illegal immigration and what to do about it. I have views about other things that I discuss on other boards from time to time and get in a whole lot of trouble for doing it. Some of your views and mine are right on the same page, Rhino.

I'm pretty much right in the middle and looking for a third party candidate who can put this country back together if neither major party runs someone who can do it and has proven a burning desire to do it thought past voting records or someone like William who has a proven record of standing up and fighting against illegal immigration.

Obvioulsly, putting a stop to illegal immigration isn't the only issue in this country that needs attention. However, fighting it would serve as a domino effect and solve a whole bunch of other problems along the way, which is why I see it as the number one priority for my choices for political seats from now on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm liberal on some things and conservative on others.

Like another poster said: We ned to stick to the subject of illegal immigration and leave all others by the wayside.

Religion, race and abortion and any other subject that does not deal directly against illegal immigation need not be discussed. :P

California or ground zero of the invasion
    If you think the forum is leaning to the right stick around and help balance it out. I'm a conservative and have no problem with liberals on the forum if they are against illegal immigration. I admit I probably will not see eye to eye on every issue you mentioned but at least we appear to have common ground on this issue. I agree Republicans are responsible for a lot of the illegal immigration problems, but Democrats also have their hands in it as well. Both political parties really need to be held accountable for agendas not representing American citizens and voters. I would strongly consider voting for a Democrat that took illegal immigration seriously and not giving it lip service. I'm sick of the liars in the Republican party.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Jrhino, I can relate a lot to what you are saying. I used to consider myself a liberal until I saw my fellow Democratic party members abandoning my philosophies in droves. While I felt I didn't change, I saw the liberals becoming extreme in their beliefs and trying to make the entire party think like Ted Kennedy or you don't belong here. After originally supporting Howard Dean for President, I now see he is a kook and has to work hard at coming out with as outlandish statements as he does. If he thinks just because your a Democrat you're going to follow him hook line and sinker, he is mistaken. I haven't changed my party registration yet, but when I vote, I will support the candidate that will work the hardest to end illegal immigration before I have any party loyalty. If it happens that most of them are conservatives, so be it; I am willing to give up some of my issues about abortion and religion in order to work towards this illegal immigration issue that effects me most in my everyday life. This whole debate has really brought out what most conservatives call "bleeding heart" and I really get angry at those bleeding hearts because what they perceive as everyone else's selfishness is really their own selfishness about preserving what was good about the USA.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

A Conservative is a Liberal that got mugged one day.

A young man that is not liberal has no heart. An older man that is not conservative has no brain.

Those are a couple of my favorite quotes. I think Winston Churchill came up with the second one, but Im not sure who came up with the first.

W

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast