Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

And, for ALL of the above-mentioned reasons, I firmly believe that America NEEDS a STRONG THIRD PARTY. My observation is that the Republican Party has wandered way too far off to the right and the Democratic Party has wandered way too far off to the left and THAT, kids, is NOT where MOST AMERICANS would be. Most Americans would fall right in the middle with LEANINGS toward one party or the other party but MOST AMERICANS are just NOT NEO-CONSERVATIVES OR BLEEDING HEART LIBERALS. I may be wrong but this is just an OPINION!

For the first time in MY lifetime, I really DO see a chance for a third party that is VIABLE. There are MANY of us who feel "homeless" in regards to Party affiliation. I am not one of those because I have registered as an Independent for FORTY YEARS and I think MY TIME HAS FINALLY COME!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

A young man that is not liberal has no heart. An older man that is not conservative has no brain.
    I JUST LOVE IT!

I have long said that people, when they get to be about 30 and have to start PAYING for some of these half baked liberal schemes that our gov't has concocted over the years, start to see the other side of that coin and begin to think through which are important and which are not. I guess all us Baby Boomers all hollering at once are what established that middle ground that makes such a stew. it just took 20 years for anyone to start hearing our voices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    A Conservative is a Liberal that got mugged one day.

A young man that is not liberal has no heart. An older man that is not conservative has no brain.

Those are a couple of my favorite quotes. I think Winston Churchill came up with the second one, but Im not sure who came up with the first.

W
    how about this one:

people who who want to share their political or religious views with you, almost never want you to share yours with them

That one is EVEN BETTER!! Boy, have I ever known some of those!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Jrihno- Iam still a registered democrat- from a very liberal background- my parents were members of the aclu and hung around with commies-
    Iam prochoice also and pro- enviroment- my family is wellknown in the enviormental movement- I consider the invasion to be an enviromental issue -! and I support unions-
    that said - Iam very tough on immigration and may sometimes sound right wing-
    I never mention religion-

And, we like you a LOT, Rebecca!!! You are a valuable member of the group.

Taking the time to think, to toss aside preconceived notions and ideas; usually implanted by others........

To shun knee-jerk rhetoric and trained responses to outside stimuli....

What, exactly, IS a liberal, a conservative, a right, a left, a middle.... any of the multitude of labels used to describe people?

I admit we need labels to minimize the amount of writing when conveying opinions, ideas, etc. But, HOW useful are those labels?

I do not promote abortion yet, I am unable to inform females they can not do the deed and find it repugnant the government can step in and make that particular moral decision. I DO want the schools, parents, authority figures etc. to educate youth of how unwanted pregnancies can complicate their lives and that of the unplanned newborns.

Does that make me a "liberal."?

I have concluded our present political system needs drastic overhauls and that the current system does not allow any meaningful change and that to save the Union, our society/culture, etc. that drastic measures up to insurrection may be required.

Does THAT make me a "commie," a "conservative," "liberal," a blithering idiot? I dunno'.

I also believe that the current power structure encourages the citizenry to divide itself along various "lines" suc as race, political beliefs such as liberal/conservative, etc. Dividing the people, especially the lower classes (whose ranks are growing) is a great way to keep them from amassing enough power to improve their lot in life.

If the lower classes ever muster, combine their power, perhaps there WOULD be a stop to the invasion, a reduction of the corporate power structure in political affairs in ways not intended by the Founders.

Keep the people divided and the elite class will continue to "run the show" to ensure the small minority benefits at the cost of the lower classes.

I admit, the majority of my life has been in the lower ranks, doing the grunt work that fed the nation. Working with the migrants in California's fields. Earning a pittance while others became millionaires by doing what? Screeching into a microphone or playing a game or shuffling papers..... tasks that fed clothed or housed no one.

If those folks missed 6-months work what would be the result? Then, what if the agricultural workers earning barely enough to stay alive quit for 6-months what would happen?

No.... I do not want a planned economy.... those have been proven to not work. But, what is wrong for all workers to earn at least a livable wage with at least a few benefits? For years the corporate class has screamed "team work" but I don't see all the team members being rewarded.

As long as it's a dog-eat-dog world us currs and mutts have to pack together to promote our own interests.

Ruff.

Thanks Bootsie that does mean a lot to me! I love the reindeer or as the say in Swahilia- " mamdjdj didf goots dert suzzahi!"

I was a Democrat and voted accordingly until 1995 when I cast a ballot for Pete Wilson who spoke out about what illegals were doing and have done to California.

The Democratic party has gone so faaaarrrr wacky left that it merits no attention from me! Like Gay marriage? Amnesty? Gun control? No death penalty? Socialized medicine? Thats your DEM party....oh abortion too! On demand for a teen without telling the parent! This is a real party of values and morals? Where? In SF military recruiters were banned by vote? Say again?

Republicans? Maybe different in name but with Bush doing NOTHING on immigration maybe there is no difference?

It is all realative to your $$$$$$$ level. In 20 years I have seen strip clubs open all over.....is this cute? How much til the F word is said on network television? Even the republican party has gone left........

I have lost confidence in all of them with their $1,000 a plate dinners both D and R. Hollywood runs the D party? They can't produce a movie today worth a hill of beans....every other word is F this and that and it is sick...

A society of no right and no wrong.....if 30 million Mexicans want to come here who cares get a beer........lol Oh 30,000 GM jobs gone and Ford is next...who cares I got mine right...? Yes I am a little cynical but this is what me thinks!! Go Tancredo! He is a good one!

I REPEAT---WE NEED A STRONG THIRD PARTY. I would have a real hard time voting for anyone from EITHER MAJOR PARTY today. And, I just don't believe in "party politics". How many Democrats OR Republicans actually support EVERY PLANK in each PLATFORM?? If they do, there must be SOMETHING WRONG.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast