Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Beware the Bush administration bearing gifts! It's like Tancredo said. You can have 20,000 border patrol but if they are ordered to catch and release, it will never work.

Why are they asking for 30,000 applicants for 700 positions that Bush tried to cut funding for in the first place?

Why are they asking for this right after DHS has been ordered to bypass the Congress and take steps to initiate the agreement Bush made with Canada and Mexico through proceedural changes?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is really odd. It's still listed on OPM's USAJOBS home page as it's "Featured Job" but only when you click on that link does it mention 30,000. I've checked the official announcement and CBP's press release again and no where else does it mention the 30,000. The official job announcement mentions no numbers and the press release says they are launching a "proactive recruiting" campaign. But the numbers it gives are the 710 new positions and that they will probably need to replace several hundred over the next year. That clearly doesn't add up to 30,000. Most announcements for federal jobs list a spedific number of vacancies, even if it's only for one positons. They also usually say if they are establishing a hiring list for future openings for the same position.

Yea, OK 30,000 people worried about border security go give the Bush admin your background info asap!

They want to know all about tens of thousands of you they dont need for jobs.

Once Bush starts his big PR campaing for Guest Worker Amnesty, his talk alone is going to attract millions of more illegals flooding our nation.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have an idea! I think I will go back to the site, see if there is any contact information and write them a letter demanding to know why they are spending OUR taxpayer dollars interviewing THIRY THOUSAND people for only 700 jobs. Can you IMAGINE the time involved with the screening of THIRTY THOUSAND applicants?? Lemme see what I can find!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Okay--I went back to the site and found a way to contact with questions so I emailed a question about why they needed that many applicants for so few jobs. I just asked as if I were just interested and didn't lay into them about the waste of our money taking that many applications--YET!!

Will post if I get a response!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

Why are they asking for this right after DHS has been ordered to bypass the Congress and take steps to initiate the agreement Bush made with Canada and Mexico through proceedural changes?

W

what's this about???
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Yea, OK 30,000 people worried about border security go give the Bush admin your background info asap!

They want to know all about tens of thousands of you they dont need for jobs.

Once Bush starts his big PR campaing for Guest Worker Amnesty, his talk alone is going to attract millions of more illegals flooding our nation.

W
    My local PD and Sheriff's Office is known to take in over 1,000 applicants for a dozen or so openings. The Sheriff's Office just had an exam to fill 25 new deputy positions authorized by the county and I belive they got like 800 applicants. You can go through 100 people before you can find 1 or 2 good enough for the academy.

NYPD just graduated 325 new officers, bet they got AT LEAST 3,000 applications for those 325 jobs.

But THIRTY THOUSAND for SEVEN HUNDRED JOBS??? Sounds extreme.

that 37 years old age limit has got to be changed to 47 or 50 and TANCREDO should get after this!

This is very very strange. If they only need 750 agents then this is a 40 to 1 ratio. Maybe that's what it takes to find a good Border Patrol Agent. But, it is still a very strange way to advertise for applicants. It appears like an attempt to mislead the public into believing they intend to HIRE 30,000 agents.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast