Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Gogo wrote:

I saw Senator Corker and Senator Landrieu on Hannity tonight. They have gang of 10. Five on each side of the isle who have knocked out a compromise to get us drilling here. She is totally against Pelosi and her stubbornness.
    Good, maybe it's a start. We'll see how it plays out. A compromise is exactly what's needed. The Democrats need to allow more drilling and the Republicans need to help enact law that will help to cut down on speculation.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Like I said before too little too late. They should have disrupted the regular session if they really wanted to make an impact but they didnt do that. The cowards waited until after the session ended to flex their muscles.

I am positive that both Democrats and Republicans will loose seats during this election and members from the Constitution Party will be elected.

We have had a democrat or Republican in charge since 1829, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. People who want REAL CHANGE will ignore both parties and move on to a party which hold true to the fundamental principles in which our nation was founded.

When the Republicans were in charge of the House, they did more to strip us of our rights than any other previous congress. Military Commissions Act, Patriot Act, Real ID, and they tried to pass Amnesty for the illegals. let us also know that they worked real hard to destroy our manufacturing base even further than NAFTA already had and gave us the finger after doing it.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

MW
    JP wrote:

Like I said before too little too late. They should have disrupted the regular session if they really wanted to make an impact but they didnt do that. The cowards waited until after the session ended to flex their muscles.
    You're not listening, JP.

They were trying to push the Democrats in session but Pelosi wouldn't have none of it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

New AFF Ad taking on Dingy Harry to end his vacation.
    http://www.youtube.com/americanfuturefund

And the plot thickens!

UPDATE> Pelosi: At-risk Dems back drilling
    California Democrat Nancy Pelosi may be trying to save the planet — but the rank and file in her party increasingly are just trying to save their political hides when it comes to gas prices as Republicans apply more and more rhetorical muscle.

But what looks like intraparty tension on the surface is part of an intentional strategy in which Pelosi takes the heat on energy policy, while behind the scenes she’s encouraging vulnerable Democrats to express their independence if it helps them politically, according to Democratic aides on and off Capitol Hill.

Pelosi’s gambit rests on one big assumption: that Democrats will own Washington after the election and will be able to craft a sweeping energy policy that is heavy on conservation and fuel alternatives while allowing for some new oil drilling. Democrats see no need to make major concessions on energy policy with a party poised to lose seats in both chambers in just three months — even if recess-averse Republicans continue to pound away on the issue.

“The reality is we will have a new president in three months, and what Bush and the Republicans are trying to do amounts to a land grab for the oil companies,â€

What I don't understand is why are they allowed to take 9 months of vacation time out of a whole entire year in the first place? No other job in this country could you do this. What do they do in the 3 months they supposedly work other than screw our country all to hell? They wonder why their approval ratings are in the toilet.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    What I don't understand is why are they allowed to take 9 months of vacation time out of a whole entire year in the first place? No other job in this country could you do this. What do they do in the 3 months they supposedly work other than screw our country all to hell? They wonder why their approval ratings are in the toilet.
    Actually, thee is one other job that does this. My friend is the general manager for a tax preparation service. She works like a dog from December to April, then only works two days a week the rest of the year. And I might add, this is a salaried job, with benefits.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

MW
    dman1200 wrote:

What I don't understand is why are they allowed to take 9 months of vacation time out of a whole entire year in the first place?
    I'm not defending them because I too believe they need to spend more time in Washington doing the country's business. However, much of the other nine months you're speaking of are spent working in their individual states.

They didnt have to put on a show the last day of session, they could have done that any other day but they didnt. Just showmanship. They are a bunch of jackalopes.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

jp48504 wrote...

[quote]They didnt have to put on a show the last day of session, they could have done that any other day but they didnt. Just showmanship. They are a bunch of jackalopes.
    In this case I feel the Republicans are doing what they have to do to get Pelosi's attention.
    She has been on such a power trip she thinks she doesn't have to listen to anyone about anything.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast