Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

14 for it and 85 against it.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Quote Originally Posted by Scubayons
    14 for it and 85 against it.
    The Senate has once again proven to be worthless.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Worse than worthless!!! We'd be better off if we had a moratorium on all law-making until the next election.

I imagine that the Budget Reconciliation Act will pass... So, I guess the next hope is that the Specter immigration increase gets removed in the House-Senate conference.

The House simply raises fees on L-1 visas, which is what the Byrd amendment would have done too... So, this would be no increase in immigration, but at the same time, it would raise revenue for budget reconciliation.

But 85 to 14, that is much worse than I thought... Well, these Congress folks are going to get some red marks on their Congress Report Cards... Hopefully, this will help to raise awareness and cost a few of them in their re-election bids.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

I'm not sure I can wait until 2008 to SMASH MY TELEVISION. I was STUNNED. DAMN--the DEMOCRATS didn't even support Byrd. WHAT is WRONG with our CONGRESS? OF COURSE, Burr and A..hole DOLE voted NAY. I wouldn't have expected any better from them. I wish we could call a national SPECIAL ELECTION for NEXT WEEK and vote every one of them OUT.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I'm not sure I can wait until 2008 to SMASH MY TELEVISION. I was STUNNED. DAMN--the DEMOCRATS didn't even support Byrd. WHAT is WRONG with our CONGRESS? OF COURSE, Burr and A..hole DOLE voted NAY. I wouldn't have expected any better from them. I wish we could call a national SPECIAL ELECTION for NEXT WEEK and vote every one of them OUT.
    Burr voted NO too? Damn he got elected just last year. I guess it didn't take him long to sell out. Pathetic. I think with the exception of Sessions and Byrd, the entire US Senate should be immediately deported after this vote. Their vote today was just beyond contempt.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yep. Burr was a sellout from the day he voted FOR CAFTA after he PROMISED he would vote AGAINST IT. Doesn't take long for them to become corrupt, does it?? Must be in the water???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Rob Sanchez was on the air for awhile there.... He produces the Job Destruction Newsletter.

Anyway, he thinks that if enough people call, then the senators will find a way to pull this immigration-increase out of the Budget Reconciliation Act... So, if you haven't called your senators, then you can still call and make a difference, even though the Byrd amendment failed.

Also, I imagine it would be good to call the Senators who will be involved in the conference committee which will be working with the House to come up with a unified bill... And let them know that if the immigration-increase is still there after the committee completes, then you'll hold all the senators in the committee accountable... (Does anyone know who these senators are?)

I like the way Rob Sanchez thinks... He said if the American people would vote out a few of these Congresspeople on election day, then it would really make all the other ones begin to pay attention... He said that if even just one lost their re-election based clearly on the jobs issue, then this could really start to make the Congress Cowards quiver and appreciate who's master.

Another caller said we need to vote out the incumbents who are not doing a good job, regardless of who the challengers are... I agree... We need to send a message that you cannot get re-elected if you're a globalist.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

I SURE agree with him about voting them out. He does bring up a good point about making some examples and we will have a chance to do that in 2006. I just wish one of my two would be up for reelection in '06 but NO SUCH LUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I SURE agree with him about voting them out. He does bring up a good point about making some examples and we will have a chance to do that in 2006. I just wish one of my two would be up for reelection in '06 but NO SUCH LUCK
    Neither of my senators will be up for re-election either... But the House is nearly as bad... And all House members are up for re-election, as you know... So, we can make some progress here.

Check out what Numbers USA did to the scorecard for senators who opposed the Byrd Amendment... This is the scorecard for DeWine, but the same damage will be done to the scores of all senators who voted against the Byrd amendment.
    http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... &VIPID=616

Numbers USA gave them a -366.

As Jon Stewart might say on his Daily Show, "Oh, Snap!!!! Take that."

Call up your senators and let them know what their new score is, if they voted against the Byrd amendment.

Are there any Bay area or LA area folks willing to picket?

Both Feinstein and Boxer voted to sellout American workers on this H1-B abomination. Maybe its time NOW, to picket their respective Ca offices and handout brochures detailing this selloout. If we could get 15-20 people to picket and notify TV and media outlets ahead of time, we might be able to really put them on notice that we are serious and a real threat to theior incombancies?????????? Anyone?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast